Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The entire article contained zero mentions of Tesla. What a joke.
From the article.

"Manufacturers only got serious about electric vehicles when it became apparent that new electric entrants like Tesla were going to take over the market if they didn’t get their act together."

The article is pretty spot on but nothing new for most here.

All the Nordic countries together would need to do is have someone "accidentally" damage the electricity export lines to the continent and we would be swimming in almost free fossil free energy.

Unfortunately we are to meeky and always follow the 'rules'. Everybody knows if most other countries on the continent had this possibility to save themselves they would. Some conveniently timed necessary 'repairs' would magically be needed. Not us.

I'm thinking of doing some sabotage. A small explosion in the right place. Let them catch me. Get a few years in prison but becoming a national hero. Then set up a GoFundMe where 20 million people would happily donate $10 euro each as a thank you for saving them thousands this winter.
Bye bye Johnny indeed!

In the beginning of the war the European Commission publicly stated to eliminate two thirds of the dependence on Russian gas before winter. I always thought they were strategically sandbagging their targets. Keep importing as much gas as possible via pipelines from Russia in the hope to have enough reserves for the winter before Russia realizes their energy weapon is gone. Once it’s gone, it’s really gone forever. No European politician will risk his career on promoting dependency on Russian gas again.
I wish I could believe that, about the politicians. As humans, we can have very short memories when "big profits now" are involved.
I think I will believe it when Germans, waving (electric) burning pitchforks, finally run Schroeder out of Western Europe and slam the diplomatic door shut behind him. It was what, all of 90 days ago that he finally quit the board of Rosneft, for crying out loud. Was he waiting to see if the putsch for Kiev succeeded before he decided to step down? And he is bold enough that he is apparently now suing to get his paid parliamentary office back...
I know he's "on the outs" now, but not "out" anywhere near far enough. And of course he is likely not the only one of his mindset that lives a close distance from power, in Europe or anywhere else.
Tesla has to keep driving forward. Guys like Schroeder are waiting in the wings for any chance to re-grab the reins, IMHO.
Sorry, a little pessimistic today. I do feel like a lot is riding on the success of the Lathrop battery plant now.

I’m incredibly bullish once we get Q3 earnings.

Until then though, TSLA is very vulnerable to weakness in its trading. Just got one more month to go. P/D should hold the stock stable in the upper 200’s/lower 300’s even if macros suck and then earnings will cause the spark

I don't see that as the most likely scenario. There is a lot of money on the sidelines that is ready to front-run any Q3 earnings blowout significantly in advance of the actual earnings release. The Production and Delivery numbers come weeks before earnings and, depending upon actual margins and management guidance given during the Q3 conference call, we could see an initial runup based on front-running Q3 P&D and/or earnings, followed up by further runup based on blowout earnings/management guidance. Of course this is only one possible scenario of many but, from what we know right now, probably one of the more likely ones. Because a lot of investors don't wait for the gap up caused by blow-out results, they front-run it. I think we will begin to see that no later than the third week of September and maybe even as early as starting this week. Q3 earnings are not until mid-late October.

Time will tell but sitting on the sidelines until the news is actually announced is not how an investor captures the biggest gains.

All the Nordic countries together would need to do is have someone "accidentally" damage the electricity export lines to the continent and we would be swimming in almost free fossil free energy.

Unfortunately we are to meeky and always follow the 'rules'. Everybody knows if most other countries on the continent had this possibility to save themselves they would. Some conveniently timed necessary 'repairs' would magically be needed. Not us.

I'm thinking of doing some sabotage. A small explosion in the right place. Let them catch me. Get a few years in prison but becoming a national hero. Then set up a GoFundMe where 20 million people would happily donate $10 euro each as a thank you for saving them thousands this winter.
Were you a screenwriter for “Occupied” / “Okkupert”, by chance?

Sam Abuelsamid is the guy who made that obnoxious graph putting Tesla way behind all others in autonomous approach.

Now he's claiming Tesla can't figure out the size of objects with their camera positions.

Turns out Sam doesn’t know jack about computer vision.

Strangely enough, my one eyed cat can judge distances, climbs trees, jumps between chairs and does not smash into things any more often than the typical 19 year old cat.

The vet assures us we do no not need to install Radar or LIDAR on her to make up for this deficit.

Last edited:
I, too have a similar plan. When $TSLA hits a new ATH, i will sell just enough from the play account to pay off the mortgage and not have to worry about that ever again.
If you can sell enough from your Tesla play account to pay off your mortgage you don't have to worry about your mortgage ever again starting now

Already from the begin of the war, EU made agreements with the US to ship as much LNG as possible to Europe. Germany is building 2 LNG terminals at breakneck speed (now called ‘Tesla-speed’ in Germany), to be operational before the heating season starts.
This morning the news was that gas prices fell significantly on the news that Germany is a month ahead of plan in filling it’s gas storage: Gasprijs flink omlaag nu landen haast maken met vullen reserves
Basically it’s looking more and more likely Europe will largely succeed in preventing a gas shortage this winter.
It is great news that I was wrong! The last I heard was that 'as much LNG as possible' was not much at all.
Thanks very much for this information.

Sounds like 'Artemis'....just went "Artemis Foul' :)
Semi related.

Tesla SpaceX managed to sneak an additional satellite onto the latest Falcon 9 launch (54 total). I believe due to a capacity increase in the Falcon 9 itself. Pretty impressive for the most cost effective launch platform to be able to increase capacity by 2%.

EDIT: Oops. Wrong Musk company, fixed

Last edited:
From the article.

"Manufacturers only got serious about electric vehicles when it became apparent that new electric entrants like Tesla were going to take over the market if they didn’t get their act together."

The article is pretty spot on but nothing new for most here.

Another possible excerpt which was left on the editing floor:
"Manufacturers only got serious about electric vehicles when it became apparent that new electric entrants like Tesla were going to take over the market were going to make increasing margins and increasing profits in setting of pandemic induced supply chain challenges."

OMG. Please watch this.

If Tesla can get the raw materials from the right places they get a tax credit of $35 per kWh of battery cells produced in the US.

And they get another $10 per kWh for battery pack production. It doesn't sound like there are sourcing requirements for that as long as the pack is assembled here.

More discussion on "The Advanced Manufacturing Production Credit", part of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022: (this will be BIG!)

Tesla Tax Credits - BILLIONS in Profits | Warren Redlich w. Bradford Ferguson (2 hrs ago)

Chairs!

We are right at key levels for the macro market... any weakness in the market will have exploitations on TSLA.

JPow's speach rattled the market... expectations are now at 75bps raise in Sept and a recession (see that yield curve gap :oops: ). I wouldn't say both are priced in right now, but if either ends up not being true or the expectations start to change... we will see a reversal. I don't see a lot of data in the next two weeks that could change course (mostly jobs data which could chip away at recession), so the support at the current levels basically has to hold. On bright side there, since we have crossed the 50ma it has held (only one big test). I think that will be the key level to watch. A break down from that will bring 11,600/3,900 back in play.

More discussion on "The Advanced Manufacturing Production Credit", part of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022: (this will be BIG!)

Tesla Tax Credits - BILLIONS in Profits | Warren Redlich w. Bradford Ferguson (2 hrs ago)

Chairs!

Huh...CAVEAT EMPTOR

Might we have had an industry representative front running TMC members? Surely no profit motive to do so eh? All under the guise of helping?

Then run and hide, erasing foot prints, complain about doxxing, and Mods participating in the cover up?

blocked.PNG

Strangely enough, my one eyed cat can judge distances, climbs trees, jumps between chairs and does not smash into things any more often than the typical 19 year old cat.

The vet assures us we do no not need to install Radar or LIDAR on her to make up for this deficit.
On my drive to LA, the setting sun in my eyes created a mirage on the road ahead (not on full Beta, 98 score and holding). When that road glare briefly mirrored the semi, its height appeared to double and FSD would engage the turn signal to pass it, then cancel right away and no action taken ever. So some real-world AI is needed... "What is a mirage" for 10 pts, and "What is the tallest truck" for 5. Obviously low risk, but I bet it's this stuff being sorted out now. Can't wait for 10.69.

Semi related.

Tesla managed to sneak an additional satellite onto the latest Falcon 9 launch (54 total). I believe due to a capacity increase in the Falcon 9 itself. Pretty impressive for the most cost effective launch platform to be able to increase capacity by 2%.

This has no relevance to the Semi. But amazing feat nonetheless.

TL : DR

View attachment 846617

View attachment 846618
So... Another example of J.D. Power only willing to report if you "Play Ball".

Not surprising. Can't help but feel these organizations are just damaging their own reputations in the long run.