Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WOW
If you only have 3 minutes to watch/listen. Go to 12:55 - 15:55. Absolutely amazing.
I would summarize it but I wouldn't do it Justice;)
@17:23 is a deceptively subtle series of pictures of rocket ships/launch vehicles.
in 2013, it was grasshoppper, that went up, what? 744 meter, hovered, and safely landed.
===>>9 very short years later<<===, starship will launch out of BocaChica, after successful launches and landings, and failures

In the realm of correlation does not create causation, Apple changed its name from Apple Computer to Apple Inc. in 2006, so 7 years later they were investment grade. Tesla changed its name from Tesla Motors to Tesla Inc. in 2017, so we're getting close. Maybe Tesla should start a share buyback (Apple did in December 2012 - hasn't sucked for their shareholders) and after accumulating a few dozen million shares and then issue some bonds to speed up the process of rating upgrades and massive share price appreciation. Paging @(anyone with more economic knowledge than I), which is the entire forum...

Meh. I don’t think that paints a particularly dramatic picture. Not much happened for the SP for first 2 years of investment grade rating and it took a year+ for the first jump in intuitional purchases and then another 5 years for another jump.
Agreed. Plus correlation doesn't imply causation. Edit: @Cattledog beat me to it

It made no sense to see oil futures run +4% yesterday. If this recession is gonna be so bad.....why isn't oil tanking?

Down a nice 5% this morning.

Beating a dead horse, but I really think the Fed actions are laser focused on oil futures. And vice versa.

Let's see who blinks. I'm liking the long stretch to the Sep Fed meeting. Should be able to crush futures by then.

• Funny
Reactions: bkp_duke
It made no sense to see oil futures run +4% yesterday. If this recession is gonna be so bad.....why isn't oil tanking?

Beating a dead horse, but I really think the Fed actions are laser focused on oil futures. And vice versa.

Let's see who blinks. I'm liking the long stretch to the Sep Fed meeting. Should be able to crush futures by then.
Well, our good ole boy Elon said yesterday we need more oil and gas right now, so....

I'm loving his thought process right now - more oil and gas + babies....ah, sounds delightful!

The way it looks to me is the Nasdaq is heading to 11,500/11,600 and SP500 to 3,875/3,900. From there we will see how strong support is.
I expect the market to get as close as possible to retesting the June lows before the Aug CPI print comes out in mid Sept. I think 11,000 on the Nasdaq is a more likely test.

Fed is trying its hardest to come off a certain way publicly, but the Aug CPI print could take out their leverage at the knees. Once that CPI print comes out and it's as good as I think it's going to be, Wall St will have it's "double bottom" and they'll give themselves the green light to start a new bull run.

Fed continually keeps trying to approach this inflation run as it has in the past and has no clue how to do deal it when it's supply and commodity shortage inflation. You'd think they'd maybe go back and look at the only other time that dynamic has happened, which was after WW2.

Agreed. If everyone expects giant slowdown in economy like right now.. then why the hell the bonds yields are at an all time high?

Reactions: saniflash
Agreed. If everyone expects giant slowdown in economy like right now.. then why the hell the bonds yields are at an all time high?
Because the fed promised to rise rates so people are dumping bonds waiting for a higher return.

Once the economy crash along with inflation which happens when the economy goes south, that is when people start massively buying bonds before rates drop from the fed.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: EnzoXYZ and jw934
Well, if Rob's interpretation is correct, there is at least one other option.

They could take it on the chin and just keep ramping production because the loss of these tax credits will be inconsequential over the long run, and Tesla/Elon have stated how they are opposed to subsidies anyway.
This might potentially work for Panasonic even if it doesn't work for Tesla directly.

I'm not too worried about it, Tesla has a propensity for adapting to changing markets. Perhaps all minerals from "Bad" sources goes through Tesla direct and they channel minerals sourced from qualified countries to Panasonic. They have a lot of choices long term.