Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys...$TSLA is gonna moon soon...Full FUD at max level:

View attachment 847494

Hope Elon gets the legal team involved in this BS.

AXA took a cheap shot at Tesla Insurance, which is going to disrupt them, hard. Soon it'll be AXA burning... :p

Chairs!

The only fear that I have had that would cause Tesla to lose it's dominance, is that somehow their culture starts to change and deteriorate. This often happens when a company grows as outsiders bring their prior corporate cultures with them polluting the water. But I am comforted when I see videos like this and hear stories from former associates (including our very own @Discoducky). Tesla's number 1 competitive advantage is it's Culture and I'm confident it stays strong for many years to come.
My occupation brought with it that I got a brief inside peek in various companies. something I observed is that often companies get in a stranglehold by a support division. At some point IT staff get to decide what software and hardware employees have to work with. Or it is the accounting/administrative department (no you can’t sell the newly developed product because it hasn’t been entered into the company database. This will take six weeks).
It is can even be caused by employees doing stuff they liked. I’ve witnessed a company where tensions rose because people gave themselves titles in correspondence with clients. Which made other employees jealous. Why does she get to be senior XYZ, I’m in the business way longer. And clients started to complain because they received email from a XYZ trainee and Didn’t want to pay for stuff “done by an intern”. When there were no titles, this was not a problem. Correspondence was judged by quality.

Which (finally) brings me to my point. I think the danger for Tesla is unions. employees pay for them, so they have to do something. And if there isn’t something, they’ll make something up. Everyone must have a job description and a job title. Nobody is allowed to do something outside that description. People with the same job title must be paid the same (great for slackers). The dynamics of Tesla will go out of the window.

I’m not happy with the court decision that Tesla can’t forbid people to wear T-Shirts with union stuff on it. It will create a schism, people you will help more eagerly or not. That is not in the interest of the company. And of course as Elon pointed out unions don’t want you to have options. Options align the interest of the company and the employees. Which means that the power of a strike is a weak one. Unions want this power and “in the best interest of the employee” recommend more pay (great for slackers).

Tesla should have laser focus on any topic (racial discrimination, discrimination of women etc) where a union could actually be of help. And Human Resources are best outsourced. They tend to grow beyond what is necessary. And ”to provide value for the company“ try to lowball salaries/raises. Their job should be to make the employees happy. Appoint an ombudsman with genuine power at every factory where anyone can complain if complaints aren’t properly and quickly handled by HR, bosses etc. Application of the Golden rule (don’t do unto an what you don’t want to be done to you) should be the overruling guide. That should help to keep the unions out.

It's Arches National Park. Not a national forest
(Now that the market is closed)

And I was there earlier in the year[1]... it's spectacular. I saw that rock, @Unpilot... that's a great shot of it.

[1] Rock crawling... look forward to being able to do that in an OREV[2]
[2] Off-Road EV[3]
[3] Did I just coin a new acronym?

Only 30 mins of truck logistics to connect cars to the entire train network across the US...........glorious
And what do you call it for the 20 mins of Giga Shanghai to the entire world? Ludicrous maybe?

1661980249856.png

I knew it, I knew it! People said Everett Ruess was hanging out in Alamos, Sonora, Mx. Others said you were hiding out around Dance Hall Rock, or on the Navajo Rez. I said, naw, he's shacked up with some lady in Escalante. And look! There you are!
I'm right at the confluence of the Escalante River and Calf Creek. I'm in the heart of Southern Utah hanging with Seldom Seen Smith and Hayduke. Nine months ago we went all solar and put in a power wall. Six months ago I had to go to Salt Lake but I picked up a model Y. Put everything I had into Tesla stock six years ago. Haven't sold any. We are working on draining Lake Powell. Glen Canyon is still there.

I'm right at the confluence of the Escalante River and Calf Creek. I'm in the heart of Southern Utah hanging with Seldom Seen Smith and Hayduke. Nine months ago we went all solar and put in a power wall. Six months ago I had to go to Salt Lake but I picked up a model Y. Put everything I had into Tesla stock six years ago. Haven't sold any. We are working on draining Lake Powell. Glen Canyon is still there.

Somehow I'm reluctant for Tesla to adopt "Earth First" as their slogan. Though it could loosely be considered as sorta aligned with their mission.

Did George ever get that Jeep out of the canyon he dropped into on the winch line?

Are there any Teslas with winch options? Maybe Hayduke has a Cybertruck reserved?

• Funny
Reactions: SunCatcher
Somehow I'm reluctant for Tesla to adopt "Earth First" as their slogan. Though it could loosely be considered as sorta aligned with their mission.

Did George ever get that Jeep out of the canyon he dropped into on the winch line?

Are there any Teslas with winch options? Maybe Hayduke has a Cybertruck reserved?
I have one reserved. Can't wait to see the desel truck boy's faces.

Down and out about Tesla's share price?

Think again.

Remeber how @Gigapress illustrated Tesla's stock price was correlated with the market?
scatter.png

Well I went back and compared TSLA to QLD (Nasdaq 100 2x leveraged) as they have similar Beta (~2x).

Remember, this is what TSLA looks like over the last 3 years.
tsla.png

Over the same period of time, QLD has gone up (and down some) to a doubling in value (100% gain) while TSLA has gone up about 1750%.
qld.png

This means that about half of TSLA's gain over 3 years is due to Nasdaq wide appreciation.

So, what if we adjust Tesla chart history and account for how much % of daily changes are due to macro?

tslaAdjusted.png

Boom! TSLA's valuation relative to the market has actually been on a steady increase over 3 years, sans the S&P500 inclusion and resulting dampening.

Even though it isn't at Hertz ATH, TSLA's value relative to the market is actually at an all time high.

Drew just filed a Form 4. Looks like he exercised 10,500 shares and sold them on Monday.

Can we not just say stuff that makes it sound that this was done on the spot when it was actually planned back in 2021? TIA

From the filing:

Explanation of Responses:
1. The transactions reported on this Form 4 were effected pursuant to a Rule 10b5-1 trading plan adopted by the reporting person on November 1, 2021.
2. Represents part of a single option award grant, including Incentive Stock Options, initially for an aggregate 225,000 shares. 1/60th of the aggregate shares subject to the option became vested and exercisable on March 27, 2018 and 1/60th of the shares subject to the option become vested and exercisable on each monthly anniversary thereafter, so that all such shares subject to this award will be fully vested on February 27, 2023.

I think somebody in the administration is going to have to have a talk with Powell. Sending the stock market into a tailspin right before the midterms definitely isn't in their interests.
Oil is down, unemployment is down, and the good for nothing rich wall street investors are hurting. This is exactly where they want to be for the mid term.

Oil is down, unemployment is down, and the good for nothing rich wall street investors are hurting. This is exactly where they want to be for the mid term.

Oil prices and unemployment trending down is certainly positive for their position, but vast swaths of middle American voters don't like to see their 401k accounts trending lower as well. Powell is obviously walking a tightrope with anything he says, but his commentary at Jackson Hole seems to be going over like a lead balloon. Let's hope it's just a blip on the radar.

Reactions: WattsHappening
Oil prices and unemployment trending down is certainly positive for their position, but vast swaths of middle American voters don't like to see their 401k accounts trending lower as well. Powell is obviously walking a tightrope with anything he says, but his commentary at Jackson Hole seems to be going over like a lead balloon. Let's hope it's just a blip on the radar.
Powell won't be under any real pressure until we get a CPI report that not only shows inflation retreating but pulling back in a major way. If we get that type of CPI report in two weeks and Powell continues the mantra that he said at Jackson hole, he'll feel pressure from all sides at that point.