Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you guys tell me if this maps/chart is accurate? Some fossil head sent this to me with a comment, "You can clearly see a pattern of coastal elite vs Americana".

I don't think this chart is accurate. This is not ownership density (Teslas/per 1000 citizens), but total Model 3s in a state. I remember seeing another table that had FL & Texas as No. 2 & 3 close to each other.

View attachment 847943
First. Look at the date. 2019?? It's ancient.

Second, it's a stupid chart. Even if it were current and accurate, it's stupid.

It's a raw count, it's as much a reflection of population per state than anything else. Wyoming will always be almost zero because nobody lives in Wyoming.

But the date... it's been light years since then.

First. Look at the date. 2019?? It's ancient.

Second, it's a stupid chart. Even if it were current and accurate, it's stupid.

It's a raw count, it's as much a reflection of population per state than anything else. Wyoming will always be almost zero because nobody lives in Wyoming.

But the date... it's been light years since then.

Parsecs even. We've come a long way, baby!

I say the past is not a reliable prediction of the future! What do TMC members think?😂

All right I will admit, I don’t recognize who this is and the picture isn’t copyable - at least I couldn’t copy it to do an image search. If it breaks forum rules just PM me, otherwise the itch is going to drive me crazy.

At least I bought the dip earlier today - the split left me with an odd number that I wanted to roundup. Satisfied a different itch.

I say the past is not a reliable prediction of the future! What do TMC members think?😂
1662069774154.png

I guess it's because they are produced in EU, so no import taxes and Tesla have passed these savings directly to the customers...
These cars match the specs of RWD with an LFP battery produced in China.

So one theory is that they are Chinese imports.

Another theory is they are using BYD Blade batteries,

I tend to lean towards imported as it may be too early for Berlin to be using Blade batteries, and I can't see why the specs with a different pack would match so exactly, or why Tesla would choose to match them.

My source is a Tesladaily video from a few days ago,

Yes. High ups in China had western vaccines.
Are you serious?

So only a "select" few in China were able to access western vaccines and everyone else got what appear to be far less effective "domestic" vaccines?

No wonder they're paranoid about COVID there, and now we all pay such a huge cost (in TSLA valuation) for them being so xenophobic and anti-western . . . .

Two recent Tesla news items just fell into place for me (after a bit of delay) after watching Rob´s video from yesterday:
- A rumour about new version of 4680 production machinery
- The permit application for a new Battery equipment production line to be built at Fremont

I didn´t click for me at the time, but looking at it now, it seems obvious that if the rumour is true, they need to make a series of these production machines as fast as possible for Austin and Berlin so that´s what they´d to with the new line in Fremont IMHO.

Are you serious?

So only a "select" few in China were able to access western vaccines and everyone else got what appear to be far less effective "domestic" vaccines?

No wonder they're paranoid about COVID there, and now we all pay such a huge cost (in TSLA valuation) for them being so xenophobic and anti-western . . . .
It doesn’t matter what vaccine they are using - they have a zero covid policy currently so a western developed vaccine would make no difference. Even with western vaccines, China would be facing at the very least 1 million covid deaths if they change their policy, and ancillary carnage from a collapsed health care system.

There is no chance Xi wants a million+ dead and a non-functioning health system before he is anointed ruler for life at the upcoming peoples congress.

After the congress things might change - but there is also the possibility they continue zero-covid until a very good therapy is available, however long that takes.

For Tesla it is best they assume random lockdowns could continue indefinitely and they continue preparing with an increasing parts buffer & developing a closed loop accommodation facility for staff.

Last edited:

Jeremy Grantham in 2015:

1662073648987.png

The market since 2015:

1662073671224.png

Last edited:

This is his brand, which he constantly reinforces in public commentary. I wonder if his firm follows the same philosophy, doesn’t seem like a long-term winner. I’ve seen him speak, rather slick presentation that feels like he gives it 100 times a year.

GM Cruise Driverless program: 80 vehicles, 1 crash, 2 injuries
Tesla FSD program: 100,000 vehicles, 0 crashes, 0 injuries

Based on this data journalists and politicians conclude FSD is the more dangerous program and needs to be shut down.

GM Cruise Driverless program: 80 vehicles, 1 crash, 2 injuries
Tesla FSD program: 100,000 vehicles, 0 crashes, 0 injuries

Based on this data journalists and politicians conclude FSD is the more dangerous program and needs to be shut down.
Priceless...

"Cruise said today that, after the crash, which occurred on June 3, it removed its vehicles’ ability to make unprotected left turns"

It doesn’t matter what vaccine they are using - they have a zero covid policy currently so a western developed vaccine would make no difference. Even with western vaccines, China would be facing at the very least 1 million covid deaths if they change their policy, and ancillary carnage from a collapsed health care system.

There is no chance Xi wants a million+ dead and a non-functioning health system before he is anointed ruler for life at the upcoming peoples congress.

After the congress things might change - but there is also the possibility they continue zero-covid until a very good therapy is available, however long that takes.

For Tesla it is best they assume random lockdowns could continue indefinitely and they continue preparing with an increasing parts buffer & developing a closed loop accommodation facility for staff.
The longer China delays opening up, the weaker their immune systems will get. It's not just covid, it's also influenza, RSV, common colds etc. At some point when they open up it will be like Europeans coming to America. And international students from China going to Australia etc can expect to spend the first few months constantly sick as they play catch up.

I have a feeling that this will turn out to be another great leap forward disaster. They got a few years of low amounts of disease(at a high cost), but in the end they will have to go through a short period with a lot of viruses and weak immunity.

The option is to be closed forever, or at least until technology has found a way to solve immunity for any pathogen.

This might be a bit offtopic, but since Tesla has 50% of their current production in China, I think it's valid to talk about what will happen once they give up zero covid or if they don't. Maybe separate thread soon!?

Priceless...

"Cruise said today that, after the crash, which occurred on June 3, it removed its vehicles’ ability to make unprotected left turns"
This quote in the comments had me chuckling...

"No left turns…top speed of 30mph…operates between 10pm and 6am.
Is this Level 6 or the definition of a drunk driver?…"