Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
His point is probably that the covid measures and lockdowns in China have the side effect of preventing people from catching the usual diseases like the flu, which results in a weakening of immune systems against those diseases as well. I'm not sure what the measures in non-lockdown areas are. If everyone in China has to stay indoors and avoid contact with others if they have a slight cough, then I can see it being a valid point.
Just to give some example here are the number of influenza cases in Hongkong:
Screenshot 2022-09-02 at 16.46.36.png

Here is Australia which has opened up again:
Screenshot 2022-09-02 at 17.08.48.png

(note the 2021 line at y=0)

From what I have heard from Australia they have had a very nasty last few months, with lots of people getting different viruses back to back. Lots of people getting covid(2x), infuenza, RSV, common cold etc within a few weeks in May, work places with >50% being sick at the same time etc.

This is just some empirical statistics. My guess is that when we have changed our behavior(travel restrictions, social distancing, masking, ventilation etc) to lower spread of the respiratory virus SARS-CoV-2, we also lowered the spread of other respiratory viruses such as influenza. Which seems to follow the data. Hypothetically if we get covid from R=6 to R=1 by restrictions, lots of other viruses R<6 should also disappear.

The longer China persists, the harder the opening up wave will be for them. And they have denser cities, less developed hospitals, less clean air etc. If this happens, at minimum, lots of people in Gigafactory Shanghai will be home sick at the same time.

Forward Observing

If it’s Thursday evening, we were shopping at Costco (FYI ~ we own 500 +/- shares). We arrived al-a-cart (okay, cart with veggies). The guy that had just parked his Chevy SUV was excited to tell my wife he had just put his order in on a CyberTruck. My wife who has never been excited about our CyberTruck order boasted we hope to see ours by 2025.
All is good. Stock price should go up tomorrow.

Went for a bike ride with a medical rep yesterday, when we got back after our ride we stopped by his house for a protein shake and I found out he had his dad Plaid Model X parked in his garage right beside his Porsche 911 Turbos S while he was out for travel. Also he has a Model 3 for work not to show he is a car guy and to have a regular car. His dad is the CFO of 2 companies. I always love when I see someone who could have any car he wants have the patience to wait 1 year before taking delivery of a Tesla. Of course he is waiting for his Cybertruck and Tesla roadster too. That was a nice end of the day when I checked the TSLA stock after our bike ride and expected a red -3% day and we finished green, couldn’t be happier after being destroyed on a Strava segment he pushed 510watts to cover 3km at 56.1kph

The price of fossil fuels on western lands.

The Horseshoe Gallup oil field is home to several hundred oil and gas wells, many suffering from “orphaned/non-orphaned well syndrome”: They’re defunct and the owners are bankrupt, but regulators still consider them active, so cleanup can be delayed indefinitely.

“It’s like someone went into a church and vandalized it,” Schreiber, a local rancher and industry watchdog, said. Robyn Jackson (Diné) of Diné CARE agrees: “This place may not be pristine or lush. But for our people, it is sacred. It has significance. I’m disturbed by industry being allowed to do whatever it wants.”

August job numbers came in as expected, with wage growth moderating more than expected.

Market’s latest dip has to do with Powell’s read between the lines comments that wage growth must be crushed, hence the labor market must be crushed and expect pain. The labor market is what everyone has accepted is the only thing holding back a recession, and it is Powell’s intent to crush labor if need be to decrease Inflation to 2% or so again. Hence, the calls for the horrible recession of 2023.

This should be a report the market rallies on, especially since it has sold off so hard that past two weeks.

As for me, I initiated a position in NVDA for the first time in my life yesterday with LEAPs. Yes, another attempt at diworsification. One would think I learned from my GOOG debacle…. I got what I deserved, GOOG has destroyed the internet and I am trying to make bank on some stupid split and low PEs and all that.

And yes, I have a lot of TSLA leaps. Also had a good amount of September calls hoping for a split rally. Got what I deserved there too.

No production issues in China at the moment. . . . . The Place is Humming
Edit: 34 car trailers counting the one leaving and the one entering.
Wu Wa video here

View attachment 848183
Great for the environment, bad for TSLA stock. Amazing Q3 in less than a month = stock down. We need to be more like other companies, where stock dilution, recalls, poor sales, supply chain problems, fires, crashes, new models on power point, etc. = stock up.

No production issues in China at the moment. . . . . The Place is Humming
Edit: 34 car trailers counting the one leaving and the one entering.
Wu Wa video here

View attachment 848183
1662129367391.png

Can anyone work out what's going on with all of the dirt being spread in the rear of the car loading logistics lot? They're trucking in various clean fill, some in bags and spreading it out over the concrete that was previously loading parking. It doesn't seem to make much sense from a structural/building perspective and I can't see anywhere on site they're digging dirt to move here. It could signal the start of new building activity here or nearby but I can't work out what yet.

Calling a 290 close!

Channeling the inner Mule in me!
Sure we just need the Nasdaq to go up 5% just to get to TSLA to 290 😉

Edit: Scatch that. Nasdaq will need to go up 7-8% at this point 🙃. Nothing like a week of TSLA holding up relatively well only end up trading like a dog and losing all that relative strength for the week lol

View attachment 848212

Can anyone work out what's going on with all of the dirt being spread in the rear of the car loading logistics lot? They're trucking in various clean fill, some in bags and spreading it out over the concrete that was previously loading parking. It doesn't seem to make much sense from a structural/building perspective and I can't see anywhere on site they're digging dirt to move here. It could signal the start of new building activity here or nearby but I can't work out what yet.

They are making a big veggie garden, big market for fresh veggies in Shanghai! Bullish, 300% profit on veggies, the Q3 2023 will be insane cause of the veggie profit!!!

Jk 🤣