Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They didn't destroy the concrete but layer dirt on top. That seems temporary. A hurricane or heavy rain can destroy that green space
They've switched how the lot works and now the trucks come from the factory side as opposed to the water side.

Time will tell if this is temporary or permanent (aka if this is more efficient this way or for some other reason)

NOTE: I can't believe I went back and watched several of Jason's videos to demonstrate to myself that this is most likely a nothing burger.

Trucking in tons of dirt and planting grass is not logical for a party.

Edit:

That's a plausible explanation, though still an irrational act.
Well yes, Chinese people do many things that are weird. Do you think it's weird to hire 8 luxury car motorcage to pick up your soon to be wife across town? Cause that's a thing....

Chinese are all about the presentation for a grand event, but cheap out when it comes to everyday stuff.

Playing with numbers:

I keep records by hand on Tesla stock. My records regarding the previous split show that the stock was volatile on the day (8/31/20) the split was enacted. By the next day (9/01/20) this stock calmed a bit and closed at 475 and slumped after that.

It took the split stock more than 2.5 full months to digest the split and finally close above 475. On 11/18/20 it finally closed at 486 and then to 499 by the next trading day.

Today's smaller split was more concentrated in it's recovery post split.

The second day (8/26/22) post split the stock settled and closed at 288.

This time the stock rallied much more quickly and digested the split in only 13 calendar days closing 9/8/99 at 289 and then on to 299 the next day.

Numbers are only numbers and there are so many variables and macros but my view is that this might be bullish.
I think you are reading too much into this. The only the reason the SP dropped after this latest split is because the Fed/Powell tanked the entire market.

Well yes, Chinese people do many things that are weird. Do you think it's weird to hire 8 luxury car motorcage to pick up your soon to be wife across town? Cause that's a thing....

Chinese are all about the presentation for a grand event, but cheap out when it comes to everyday stuff.
Maybe, maybe not.

But anytime anybody implies, even unwittingly, all Chinese are kind of the same, that’s a very slippery slope to step on. Same applies to any country, any ethnic group, etc etc.

But the whole topic about grass is into the territory of pure speculation, let’s stop here.

Maybe, maybe not.

But anytime anybody implies, even unwittingly, all Chinese are kind of the same, that’s a very slippery slope to step on. Same applies to any country, any ethnic group, etc etc.

But the whole topic about grass is into the territory of pure speculation, let’s stop here.
Diversity of thought is not exactly our strong suite. Makes the people easier to control and also efficiency is extracted from this behavior. I wish there's more diversity in our culture but unfortunately there's very of it in existence. Expectations are set for everyone to have very similar goals in life and what is counted as success or failure.

Also, sounds like FORD doesn't see automotive margins increasing any time soon...
"I see dealer margins still being very competitive, but they are going to shift," Farley said in July. Ford intends to put more emphasis on selling products and services after the initial vehicle sale, he said."
When I first read this I left out the f in shift. On second thought, that would be a more appropriate statement. No figure.

In light of the change of sentiment on TSLA finally starting to catch up to Tesla, thought a change in avatar was required. @Curt Renz, you have been officially put on notice. Strike up the band most definitely by end of year, two weeks maybe. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I didn't realize Chile was so rich in copper deposits. I've been investing a little in copper the last couple of years, so I probably should have. I was aware the region is very rich in Lithium salts. Should be interesting to watch the economic development in Chile/Argentina/Bolivia over the coming decades.
"1. Escondida. The Escondida mine is an open-pit mine and without a doubt the world's largest copper mine. The country of Chile produces 23% of the world's copper and the Escondida mine alone accounts for almost a third of that output."

The lithium salts are located very differently:
"The Atacama in northern Chile is the driest desert in the world, and may be the oldest. It also holds 40% of the world's lithium – an ..."
Live science has a bt more context:
The BBC David Attenborough epidsode on deserts is quite instructive about the Atacama:\
An optimistically ambitious lithium exploration in the Atacama is in the Bolivian portion:
Then there is Chile:
"Bolivia is home to the world’s largest lithium resources. Together with Chile and Argentina, the so-called “lithium triangle” holds almost 60 percent of the planet’s known lithium deposits, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. But while Chile and Argentina are among the top global producers, alongside Australia and China, Bolivia has yet to produce lithium in commercial quantities."

The primary impediments to successful lithium production in these area is really their very remote and not-easy-accessible areas, coupled with the desiccated character of most fo the region. Contributing another major factor is political, logistical and environmental constraints.

Throughout southern South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Bolivia , because neither Uruguay nor Paraguay has plentiful natural resources) there are gigantic resources of many crucial industrial metals. Hence "Vale do Rio Doce" now called "Vale" is the largest producer of Nickel and iron ore in the world.
FWIW the company is named after a valley in the Brazil State of Minas Gerais (General Mines in English) which is very rich in natural resources.

Tesla has pursued several of these areas and continues to pursue industrial opportunities in the region. Most TMC posts have dealt with Brazil, after all it is more than half of the continent and larger than the 48 US States. Tesla is quite cautious, though, and justifiably sensitive to business and political risk. Nothing in this region is quite so easy as it looks to be. so any Tesla investment will be well considered.

Finally, the largest trading partner for most of the region is China. Brazil, for example, is the only major country which has a trade surplus with China. Since China State Grid is the major electric grid developer, and the Chinese auto industry is making Mercosur headway there si every reason to expect that Tesla could benefit by that through existing Tesla suppliers that already operate in Brazil. CATL and BYD both are now suppliers to Brazil, with CATL supplying batteries for the VW e-delivery built in Rio de Janeiro State:

This is a long post beginning with Lithium for the Atacama. Tesla, however, is certainly weighing all the factors when considering what to do next. Thus, raw materials are an important part fo planning, but so are many other factors.

Do tell.

Not quite 100%....

GM too. There were some GMC electric trucks back in the early 1910s. Also Oldsmobile built a few EVs - prior to becoming part of GM. GM can also claim to have been a subcontractor on the lunar rovers of the 1960s.

• Funny
Reactions: BornToFly
The Chinese like to impress everyone by going all out for grand events, this gives the perception of 'wealth'. They are cheap and skimp out on daily things. :) Before i get flamed, i am of chinese descent and saw that my entire life growing up and vowed never to be that way :)

Our good AudubonB was pointing out the spelling error of motorCAGE versus motorCADE.

Why? Every culture has unique characteristics, some good, some bad and some odd and weird for outsiders. Nothing wrong in a native who was born and brought in that culture sharing that opinion.

That’s how we learn. If I hear similar views from a bunch of other sources, individuals from various walks of life, then that helps me. Until then I park it as one persons view.

We all read travel blogs from people who spend hardly a week or a a month touring some far away place. I would give more weightage to someone who has lived most of their life there.

The Chinese like to impress everyone by going all out for grand events, this gives the perception of 'wealth'. They are cheap and skimp out on daily things. :) Before i get flamed, i am of chinese descent and saw that my entire life growing up and vowed never to be that way :)
Yeah in our culture it is of upmost respect for government regulators if Tesla goes out of their way to build a grass turf, and roll out the red carpet for a presentation(perhaps to announce 2nd gf in shanghai).