Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
recalibrate? was not aware this was required ... admittedly i don't have time to carefully read all the release notes for FSD Beta
FWIW: if you recalibrate via the option on the UI, you also eliminate long term “fine” calibration. You will get a “coarse” calibration quickly enough to allow use of the ADAS’s, but full, complete calibration takes about 500 km of (total) driving on relatively straight and well marked roads.

Agreed. And who's to say they aren't already working on a model 2/Q and will reveal it in next six months?
Who’s to say? Literally the Technoking himself, on the Q4 ‘21 earnings call in January.

Well, we're not currently working on the -- on a $25,000 car. We -- you know, at some point, we will, but we have enough on our plate right now, too much on our plate, frankly. So, you know, at some point, there will be. I think that's sort of a question that -- it's sort of the wrong question, really. It's -- really the thing that overwhelmingly matters is when is the car autonomous? I think, at the point in which it is autonomous, the cost of transport drops by, I don't know, a factor of four or five.

Who’s to say? Literally the Technoking himself, on the Q4 ‘21 earnings call in January.
For real, he said it out loud. I don't want to start another extended argument on this, but it's pretty clear there's no "$25k car" coming. And that's even before all this "inflation" impacted raw materials and parts.

Model 3/Y can simply be smushed down to a base model at $38k if the market absolutely demands it. Other than that, it's robotaxis and $50k+ sedans.

Legacy auto will soon be fighting Chinese startups over the $25-45k segments, all making zero margin. That's literally perfect. THe mission gets accomplish AND Tesla gets all the profit.

Not gonna happen, but how awesome would it be for TSLA to finish flat or green?

This three day rule thing still apply?

Way too much negative sentiment obviously, but I'd love to see MM's have to put a tiny bit of effort into holding $298.50. Algos seem to try and hold there to keep a major call wall($300) within sight early in the week. They'd have no problem doing that today.

Reactions: traxila
Rivian now green too, along with Nio and Zpeng. Looks like some folks were planning to rotate into EVs today and are just gonna keep doing it regardless of the CPI report. Good stuff.
Triple witching Friday=shenanigan price action this entire week. We don't know what everything needs to be at until next week.

For real, he said it out loud. I don't want to start another extended argument on this, but it's pretty clear there's no "$25k car" coming. And that's even before all this "inflation" impacted raw materials and parts.

Model 3/Y can simply be smushed down to a base model at $38k if the market absolutely demands it. Other than that, it's robotaxis and $50k+ sedans.
How does this mesh with Tesla's plan to sell 20 million vehicles/year by 2030?

Reactions: Thekiwi and MC3OZ
Why do I get the "Trevor Milton" vibe everytime I hear their CEO talk. Not to the same degree (they ARE in production, lol), but I still get that vibe.
An old colleague described something he called the "Do-er/Schmoozer" scale. People exists somewhere in this graph where some don't really "do" anything, but are great at schmoozing others, and some are the opposite. Of course many people are somwhere in the middle.

Peter's words are all very well crafted and rehearsed, so much so that it comes across as fake. Guess who the other dot is intended to represent? ;)
1663096097641.png