Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The most encouraging thing to me about the SP this week, is that we have been up relative to the NASDAQ despite MaxPain yesterday in the 260s, and today in the 270s.

Also regarding AP - I've had a lot more phantom braking on the highway lately. Don't know why. Really annoying.
I noticed that since we went to vision...FSD on highway tends to phantom brake at the tops of hills. Not sure why it does this, but it does it enough that I rest my foot on the accelerator on every hill now.

Maybe FSD just doesn't work well in my city. I used 69.2 yesterday for a fairly simply drive, and it started to make a left turn at a light into oncoming traffic. Probably scared the crap out of the oncoming driver. It is also horrible with lane changes, lane number reductions, and deviations out of the lane for construction. To my eyes, it is nowhere close to FSD. It's like I have a different product than CA drivers who go 40 minutes without intervention. I'm lucky to go two minutes unless I'm going straight for 5....

I have a one year old Model Y at our vacation home with basic AP. No plan to pay for FSD on that car anytime soon.
Try it on a known easier route with an easy to medium UPL to get comfortable with the new behavior. I've done another 20 today and it really creeps up to the line, but doesn't go when cars are coming. If anything, it is too hesitant and then misses its opportunity.

The most encouraging thing to me about the SP this week, is that we have been up relative to the NASDAQ despite MaxPain yesterday in the 260s, and today in the 270s.

Also regarding AP - I've had a lot more phantom braking on the highway lately. Don't know why. Really annoying.

I have been saying Bug Report for the same phantom braking on the highway 15 when you arrive in Montreal from Champlain bridge for 1 year now every day and it is still doing it. One day one Tesla engineer will review my 150 Bug reports I swear.

TSLA is the only green stock I have in all my stocks. This is out of the ordinary.

Last edited:
So Tesla has to add a credit card reader and stuff to be compliant??

Will all that be worthwhile?
They should put a cardboard box near the charger, labeled "Credit Card Reader", with a slot covered by a sticker saying "Out of order". That would make it equivalent to most current commercial chargers.

Interesting to read about the Boring Company's utility offering. That could go a long way towards creating a sustainable electrical distribution system that is almost impervious to weather and other phenomenon. And not only power but cable, water, and whatever else that needs to be distributed in a safe manner. Kind of like an earth-based conduit.

In fact, I could really use one behind my TV and AVR system... that's a real mess.

They should put a cardboard box near the charger, labeled "Credit Card Reader", with a slot covered by a sticker saying "Out of order". That would make it equivalent to most current commercial chargers.
This is absolutely true. I used Electrify America for a few years and I never once saw anyone successfully use the card reader. And at first, there was no "plug and charge". Plus EA didn't have the ability to pay by app. So the only way to get a session going was to call tech support.

I've also used it successfully on city streets at times. But it's not useful until you can rely on it more often than "at times".

For city streets FSD to be useful, it has to get to the point where you can relax like you can on highway FSD. It's getting closer, but we still aren't there yet. We need a little more patience before we pop the cork.
I'd like to hear how 69.2 works in fairly laid out North/South East/West cities like Albuquerque and Salt Lake City. I can definitely believe Seattle and San Francisco would make it bonkers as they do to me (thank dog for Google maps).

Inquiring minds want to know!

Well that’s just a load of hogwash. People have been saying for YEARS how much effort it saves them on road trips. How they arrive at their destinations far less tired and stressed.

And so you don’t think I’m simply repeating secondhand information, I’ve got over 85,000 miles on my car. The majority of those are long distance trip miles. AP has been an absolute godsend when doing mile after mile and hour after hour of traveling.

No, it can’t always navigate 12 lane road rage rush hour or a hairpin turn or a confusing construction zone with multiple temporary painted road markings no longer clearly defining the path forward. And sometimes it does get into the wrong lane or doesn’t drive as aggressively or defensively as I would in situations. It can’t read the minds of distracted drivers anymore than I can and sometimes it makes mistakes like everyone else does. And sometimes it even sees dead people, but I understand some humans claim that too. It also has occasionally appeared intuitive and saved my bacon or filled in when I wasn’t on top of my driving game.

Like so many times before, Tesla is held to some impossible standard that nobody else ever is. Nobody’s ever run an obscured stop sign before, huh? Or Chuck’s turn, where I imagine there’s been human accidents galore because it’s a stupid, dangerous, poorly thought out, engineered road situation. And you’ll definitely never see tire rubber on curbs in parking lots. 🙄

What a blessing it is to have such an immaculate driver as yourself testing this useless system that’s never driven a guy having a heart attack to emerg. Until it’s a perfect system, there’s not an ounce of good that can come of it.
Totally agree but I am really looking forward to get rid of the nags on highway. The system is so good in my opinion, that these nags don’t have a purpose at all.

Totally agree but I am really looking forward to get rid of the nags on highway. The system is so good in my opinion, that these nags don’t have a purpose at all.
They help keep politicians off of Tesla's back. I don't like them either, but without them every day some politician would try to make some political hay by complaining.

Nags are gone for me on TACC, and with 69.2 I have not had a nag in the city on FSD. I think because I have internal camera. Maybe it because I have to intervene before the nag rears its head but I have gone over 5 minutes.

I have been saying Bug Report for the same phantom braking on the highway 15 when you arrive in Montreal from Champlain bridge for 1 year now every day and it is still doing it. One day one Tesla engineer will review my 150 Bug reports I swear.

TSLA is the only green stock I have in all my stocks. This is out of the ordinary.
You do realize that "Bug Report" is only a timestamp marker? When you bug report and then later do go to service you can tell them "Look right about the 4 pm bug report for the error with my XYZ"

Otherwise, Bug Report does nothing that I am aware of.

Glad to see that we are starting to see some upward movement, I hope it gets stronger near the end of the month and that AI day is truly interesting.

Last edited: