Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to hear how 69.2 works in fairly laid out North/South East/West cities like Albuquerque and Salt Lake City. I can definitely believe Seattle and San Francisco would make it bonkers as they do to me (thank dog for Google maps).

Inquiring minds want to know!
I should have time next week to try it out in Kansas City. It's a grid system as well with nice open roads and not too much crazy driving.

Although a Dodge Ram did just rear end my Model Y yesterday... :( (model is still fine, knock on wood)

I should have time next week to try it out in Kansas City. It's a grid system as well with nice open roads and not too much crazy driving.

Although a Dodge Ram did just rear end my Model Y yesterday... :( (model is still fine, knock on wood)
Thanks mate! Cool to be able to try it out in a city that's in two states in one day!

• Disagree
Reactions: Rohan and Nocturnal
Just picked up my Model X my wife's model X LR (joining our Y). She's very happy with it.

View attachment 852818
Missed you by a few hours at Mt Kisco... we now have matching blue Y's 🙂
20220915_145537.jpg

Last edited:
You do realize that "Bug Report" is only a timestamp marker? When you bug report and then later do go to service you can tell them "Look right about the 4 pm bug report for the error with my XYZ"

Otherwise, Bug Report does nothing that I am aware of.

Glad to see that we are starting to see some upward movement, I hope it gets stronger near the end of the month and that AI day is truly interesting.

Oh I thought they reviewed all manual disengagement of FSD when a bug reported was reported. That’s what a service technician told me I think 2 years ago.

Can someone tell me in what kind of Béarn or bull market we are. We seem to be in the undecided no man’s land market. Seems we bounce at support but every time we go lower every TA people are finding a new support trend and they draw new lines.

Oh I thought they reviewed all manual disengagement of FSD when a bug reported was reported. That’s what a service technician told me I think 2 years ago.

Can someone tell me in what kind of Béarn or bull market we are. We seem to be in the undecided no man’s land market. Seems we bounce at support but every time we go lower every TA people are finding a new support trend and they draw new lines.
There are two kinds of bug reports. The voice activated one, which acts as OrthoSurg described (just a marker), and the FSD on the display one, which is monitored.

Had to bring this back to refresh all our memories...NEVER FORGET!!! :)

By the TSLAQ clown Bertel Schmitt

Fedex earnings just trashed the macro market if you were wondering why the AH action. Global demand softness and high cost made them withdraw their full year guidance. Stock is down 15%.

Do we really need the Fed to crash our economy? We are pretty good at doing it outselves.

Maybe FSD just doesn't work well in my city. I used 69.2 yesterday for a fairly simply drive, and it started to make a left turn at a light into oncoming traffic. Probably scared the crap out of the oncoming driver. It is also horrible with lane changes, lane number reductions, and deviations out of the lane for construction. To my eyes, it is nowhere close to FSD. It's like I have a different product than CA drivers who go 40 minutes without intervention. I'm lucky to go two minutes unless I'm going straight for 5....

I have a one year old Model Y at our vacation home with basic AP. No plan to pay for FSD on that car anytime soon.
Try it on a known easier route with an easy to medium UPL to get comfortable with the new behavior. I've done another 20 today and it really creeps up to the line, but doesn't go when cars are coming. If anything, it is too hesitant and then misses its opportunity.

I have this same issue on unprotected lefts. It is not subtle. It’s stopped waiting for a gap and then starts accelerating towards an oncoming car as if that vehicle were a magnet pulling it into a perfect head on collision. It’s not a slow creep.

I think @Bet TSLA is making a distinction between highway driving and city streets.

On the highway, FSD is awesome.

On city streets, it's not useful yet.
Fundamental misunderstanding of the technology, once again.

In city streets, it is better in ways that require new standards to measure. Let me be extremely clear here: it’s far from perfect. It is the most amazing piece of software I have ever used, at this point.
It’s not perfect but I’ve a sense now of where it is good and where it is not so good. I don’t feel like I need to do all that many interventions though sometimes I take over when an intervention is not demanded.
EXACTLY. I’m driving to Florida tomorrow. “Driving.” My 2021 model Y is going to likely handle over 99% of the miles. I’m going to be able to enjoy a few beers at my destination because the car’s self driving capability will eat away at the stress of it all.
Does it mean there's something wrong with me that my first thought when seeing this cool developing technology was:

"This would be a great @Big Time spanking machine!"
No. You’re totally normal.

For me the key to getting excited about FSD is the moment when you sense that the architecture is fully in place for machine learning to do its thing. Once that happens, there would be exponential progress... ever more rapid updates with ever more impressive changes. It feels to me that we may just about be there at that crucial liftoff point. The clues are:
- Elon's growing confidence, including the seemingly mad raising of pricing.
- an acceleration in 'big deal' releases
- a consensus from users that despite ongoing flaws the software is operating spectacularly in many circumstances
- the fact that huge new numbers of cars are about to added creating a vastly greater data set
- DOJO engaged
- AI day coming

The way AI works is it's unimpressive for a long time, but when it kicks in, there are these holy crap moments. like Deep Mind's GO and chess victories and protein folding. Or like GPT-3's arrival. We may well be on the brink of one of those. If so, holy cow. The next few months will be truly thrilling as growing numbers of users are persuaded this is monstrous. There are definitely risks that people relax their vigilance too early and some horrible accidents happen. But hopefully that will be offset by even more miraculous safety interventions by the car.

But it's perfectly possible we discover the time from here to genuinely usable is much shorter than we think. None of this is really priced into the stock.

But it seems to me the pieces are all just lining up. Have a great weekend.

Fundamental misunderstanding of the technology, once again.

In city streets, it is better in ways that require new standards to measure. Let me be extremely clear here: it’s far from perfect. It is the most amazing piece of software I have ever used, at this point.
I do not misunderstand the technology. It is indeed amazing. But right now on city streets it has zero utility.

We shouldn't lie to ourselves about this. FSD on city streets looks like it's getting there. But until it's as good on city streets as it is on the highway, we can't say with any certainty when it will actually be useful for driving around town.

For me the key to getting excited about FSD is the moment when you sense that the architecture is fully in place for machine learning to do its thing. Once that happens, there would be exponential progress...
Not saying you didn’t say this, because you kind of did.

But what’s a 1.4ish increase in VRU detection on a 1.4ish increase in VRU detection in a previous update? Perception is already making exponential increases.

Forgive me if someone posted a link to this already.

I can't help but wonder why Musk is sitting down with Leno right now. Is this just Leno being chummy with Musk?

Last time he was on they did a nice preview/ drive around of the Cybertruck and that was pretty much the only exclusive drive by a third party. I can't help but wonder if they are revisiting it.

Wishful thinking? Maybe some other announcement?

I do not misunderstand the technology. It is indeed amazing. But right now on city streets it has zero utility.

We shouldn't lie to ourselves about this. FSD on city streets looks like it's getting there. But until it's as good on city streets as it is on the highway, we can't say with any certainty when it will actually be useful for driving around town.
You’re welcome to fly out to experience it. I have no doubt it doesn’t work well in some environments. It is *amazing* in the environments I test it in. It has never been this good and there will be regressions. Overall, smoothing it out, this is the worst it will ever be.