Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
None of that contradicts what was said, it just equivocates the implications.

The original Tweet ended with:

“Self-made billionaires” are a myth.

That was said by Robert Reich to reinforce the idea that Elon had his wealth given to him due to some amazing asset owned by his father. The insinuation and how the Tweet ended couldn't have been clearer. So this is misleading and part of it is flat out incorrect, so I agree that Robert Reich is an idiot and a liar. 🤷‍♂️

The original Tweet ended with:

“Self-made billionaires” are a myth.

That was said by Robert Reich to reinforce the idea that Elon had his wealth given to him due to some amazing asset owned by his father. The insinuation and how the Tweet ended couldn't have been clearer. So this is misleading and part of it is flat out incorrect, so I agree that Robert Reich is an idiot and a liar. 🤷‍♂️
You can’t sue someone for libel just because you disagree with their opinion.

The factual statements he made were accurate. The mine may have been physically located in Zambia, but it was owned and operated by South Africans operating under Apartheid.

This is an odd thing to have to explain to people who own a stake in an American car company, even though one of its factories is in China.

None of that contradicts what was said, it just equivocates the implications.
We get it you hate Elon but come on, this is painfully obvious. His family owned a SHARE of the mine which made barely a 2x return on the investment. The tweet clearly implies that the mine is the main reason Elon is a billionaire. Also just lazily links it to apartheid when Elon and even his dad didnt support apartheid (read the rebuttal tweet from nafnlaus). You completely ignore the parts where Elon had to graft after moving to America which is not how people with plenty of riches operate.

We get it you hate Elon but come on, this is painfully obvious. His family owned a SHARE of the mine which made barely a 2x return on the investment. The tweet clearly implies that the mine is the main reason Elon is a billionaire. Also just lazily links it to apartheid when Elon and even his dad didnt support apartheid (read the rebuttal tweet from nafnlaus). You completely ignore the parts where Elon had to graft after moving to America which is not how people with plenty of riches operate.
Did you read what I wrote? Because you’re arguing against nothing that I said. I was responding to a call to sue him for libel — I merely pointed out that was silly, since the tweet was factually accurate. My opinions on Elon or billionaires in general were never even mentioned.

But I get it, you got mad, and that anger hampered your reading comprehension and critical thinking skills. It happens.

Did you read what I wrote? Because you’re arguing against nothing that I said. I was responding to a call to sue him for libel — I merely pointed out that was silly, since the tweet was factually accurate. My opinions on Elon or billionaires in general were never even mentioned.

But I get it, you got mad, and that anger hampered your reading comprehension and critical thinking skills. It happens.
1663758466702.jpeg

Well if thats all you cared about if it was slander or not, interesting that the original post by ZeApelido about the tweet had 1 disagree only..guess who?

To the best of my understanding, MM's aren't manipulating the market, they're supplying liquidity to the markets and hedging the options, they don't manipulate the market for OPEX as they don't care, their books are balanced at the end of each day - or should be

It's the Hedgies that are manipulating, they are the ones to gain or lose on the options markets
There are hedge funds that are official market makers as well. Hedge funds can be and regularly are market makers in different markets

The factual statements he made were accurate. The mine may have been physically located in Zambia, but it was owned and operated by South Africans operating under Apartheid.

This is an odd thing to have to explain to people who own a stake in an American car company, even though one of its factories is in China.

I don't think this is cause for a libel lawsuit either, but his statement is false. He said "Elon Musk came from a family that owned an emerald mine in Apartheid South Africa", not "Elon Musk came from a family that owned an emerald mine owned and operated by Apartheid South Africans", your interpretation makes no sense.

Reich was obviously insinuating Elon was given a nest egg from his dad to start his entrepreneur career. Anyone who can not see through his obvious ploy is themselves lacking in reading comprehension and critical thinking skills. This might mean you Pez. 😉

Elon Musk’s father was involved in an emerald mine.

It is unlikely that a successful lawsuit can and will be filed against the above statement.

Elon musk himself did not grow up “wealthy” and was largely self made.

All the above statements can be true.

Why such a pissing match? SMH.
"Never Wrestle with a Pig. You Both Get Dirty and the Pig Likes It."

S/X also had an aluminum bottom and steel top, we never saw a pack fire that dropped the pack out of the bottom that I recall.
The original S/X pack is a beast with thick ribs fastened to the lid and bonded to the bottom between every half-width transverse module. Electrical connections are bolted to the bus bars which are part of the midline rib. Due to this connection, I don't think the modules can drop (at least in the center). Also, after a cursory review of S fires, the chassis ends up on the ground anyway making it hard to tell if there was burn though.

Y/3 have four full length modules.

No they have a titanium plate under

It's not a full pack coverage plate...
Tesla Adds Titanium Underbody Shield and Aluminum Deflector Plates to Model S
The first of the three shields is a rounded, hollow aluminum bar that is designed to either deflect objects entirely or, in the case of a self-stabilizing, ultra high strength object, like a three ball steel tow hitch, absorb the impact and force it to pike upwards well forward of the battery pack. This pierces the plastic aeroshield and front trunk liner, but causes no damage affecting safety and the car remains in control and driveable before, during and after the impact. PART 13

This is followed by a titanium plate, which has exceptional strength-to-weight properties and is more commonly seen in aerospace or military applications. The titanium plate prevents sensitive front underbody components from being damaged and aids in neutralizing the road debris. PART 14

By this point, the vast majority of objects will have been deflected or crushed. For the rare piece of debris that remains intact, we added a third shield, which is a shallow angle, solid aluminum extrusion that further absorbs impact energy, provides another layer of deflection and finally causes the Model S to ramp up and over the object if it is essentially incompressible and immovable. PART 12
SmartSelect_20220921_083404_Firefox.jpg

Is Reich's statement slander or libel? I always get those two mixed up.
If you Say it, it's Slander
If it's Literary, it's Libel

However, when talking Li battery cell electrodes:
The Anode is Copper
The Cathode is Aluminum

...since [Reich's] tweet was factually accurate.

I don't care if Elon came from wealth or not (although he clearly didn't).

I don't care if his billions are "self-made" or not (although they clearly are).

The man acquired billions (somehow), but he doesn't own a giant yacht, or giant mansions, or a private island stocked with supermodels. He invested ALL his early billions in a struggling EV company to fight climate change (to benefit humanity) and a struggling rocket company to make life multi-planetary (to benefit humanity).

Therefore, Reich's claim (here and elsewhere) that Elon is like other billionaires is factually incorrect. Since Reich likely knows this, he is likely a liar.

The original S/X pack is a beast with thick ribs fastened to the lid and bonded to the bottom between every half-width transverse module. Electrical connections are bolted to the bus bars which are part of the midline rib. Due to this connection, I don't think the modules can drop (at least in the center).
True the ribs might not allow the cell modules to drop out. Of course we've also seen the cells ejecting vertically through the top of the pack so it would seem the steel cover can also be burned through, as might the ribs.

Reactions: Nocturnal

TMC could use an HR department right about now -