Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case anyone wants some good history of Fed rate raises and some interesting historical facts of the ramifications...

It gets me thinking though; if the Fed had not raised so much in 04 to 06, would we have had such a big recession or a recession at all?

Fast forward to today and it seems like we are heading toward 3% and beyond...

Screenshot 2022-09-21 10.28.15 AM.png

In case anyone wants some good history of Fed rate raises and some interesting historical facts of the ramifications...

It gets me thinking though; if the Fed had not raised so much in 04 to 06, would we have had such a big recession or a recession at all?

Considering that much of the crash was due to people suddenly being unable to afford their interest only ARM payments as rates rose and house prices stopped appreciating, yeah.

View attachment 855236
Would not have made a difference what the FED did leading into 2008.

Real estate exploded based on Ninja loans and all the mortgages were sold like hot radioactive garbage by their originators. When the music stopped playing whoever was holding the derivatives was screwed. What was required to mitigate that business cycle collapse was real loan origination regulation and also real credit ratings agencies.

Oh, wait. I just made a funny. 😅
😂🤣🤣😂😅

As per COLBY SMITH twitter:

Fed raises rates by 75bps to a target range of 3-3.25%. Officials see fed funds reaching 4.4% at year-end, suggesting one more 75bp hike this year, before peaking at 4.6% in '23. Unemployment set to rise to 4.4% with growth slowing. Core inflation still not at 2% target in '25.

Gotta get me one of those crystal balls. Sounds like we got a 0.75 and a 0.5 coming up for EOY.

These guys need to CHILLAX.

As per COLBY SMITH twitter:

Fed raises rates by 75bps to a target range of 3-3.25%. Officials see fed funds reaching 4.4% at year-end, suggesting one more 75bp hike this year, before peaking at 4.6% in '23. Unemployment set to rise to 4.4% with growth slowing. Core inflation still not at 2% target in '25.

Gotta get me one of those crystal balls. Sounds like we got a 0.75 and a 0.5 coming up for EOY.

These guys need to CHILLAX.
After the next .75 hike and the economy goes in the toilet and they finally get the 3-4 month delayed inflation data read they want…….they’ll be like “Oops🤷

The future projections are 75bps and 50bps too... that is up from previous. So that is likely causing some trepidation in the market.

Frequently in these events though, first move is usually the wrong move.
Yeah, think FED is making sure no one decides the pivot date for them again. I do not blame them for that, but if the CPIs starts coming in weak, they could very well pivot on their own schedule or stand pat at a lower level.

Whatever. They can't keep interest rates 'high' for too long will balloon the budget deficits to the moon.

Reactions: Nocturnal