Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if posted

Elon Musk can use the $7.8 million severance paid by Twitter to whistleblower Peiter Zatko to argue that the termination of the buyout deal is justified. The decision was made by Delaware Chancery Judge Kathaleen St. J. McCormick on Thursday

In my head .. .... I fought the BOTS and the BOT ...

A short rant to say that Tesla Solar in Az is not ready for any volume ramps based on my experience a few times now. 2-3 day turn around on eMails, and the App just says "We will contact you shortly" since 2 weeks ago, so that channel isn't established yet. No need to drag on with details. IDK, maybe there's no need to ramp support - sad thought coming from Arizona. Just seems like 2 separate companies today. Hopefully in transition soon.
Unfortunately Tesla solar has had a series of issues including supply issues with made in China solar panels. There has also been a lot of turnover within the solar side of the business and it is just not performing at the levels Elon wants. Between mass firings and people leaving the solar side, Tesla solar is in need of focused direction and attention

Market wide bear attack literally in the last ten minutes to try and crush below support levels for continued selling tomorrow.

Don't think they quite managed it but impressive.

QQQ.jpg

Hope we see green tomorrow.

Market wide bear attack literally in the last ten minutes to try and crush below support levels for continued selling tomorrow.

They're certainly not letting this opportunity go by! But is anyone really waking up tomorrow selling NASDAQ stock at these lows? I doubt it.

I do think the all-guns-blazing FUD attack might have had an impact on TSLA today. The r3call headlines were really well constructed and widely subscribed. Cheers to the shorts!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming......

View attachment 855769

Hope we see green tomorrow.
The last 10 minutes is when the "closing cross" occurs, which is typically when and how most institutions make trades. This isn't manipulation or necessarily bears, it's just how large buy/sell orders impact the market in a fairly short period.

All onboard, can't wait for the 3rd... of October that is...

Should have not only the record setting P/D numbers but also the feedback from AI Day 2 where hopefully we'll see a true robotic Optimus (even though detractors will say it's fake).
Don't pin your hopes on AI Day bringing any kind of boost to the stock. I don't think any of the recent events have had a positive impact. Even Battery Day for some reason caused a dip.

Probably the biggest non-earnings hit we'll get is when the Semi ships.

I hope you are correct. This is actually the first reasonable non-demand issue explanation for the poor delivery numbers thus far.

That said, if demand is really that high, why would they need to give a discount to move deliveries?
In a post I made a couple days ago, the weekly registration numbers as of Sept 18th totaled about 44k. That meant to hit 100k, they need to do 56k in the final two weeks of Sept. If Tesla China follows the same pattern as Tesla US does in its delivery logistics to make sure all production is delivered, then the final two weeks of the quarter will see 25-30% of all deliveries for the quarter. That’s because in the final two weeks of deliveries, you have vehicles being delivered across the entire United States. Vehicles that had been in transit to the East Coast, Midwest have reached their destination points at the same time more recent production is being delivered on the West Coast. And then finally in the last week of the quarter, California gets flooded with deliveries. If you apply that to China, then 56k in the final two weeks is entirely possible.

Bare in mind, these weekly numbers are not official number and someone should probably go into that persons tweet history and line up if the weekly registration numbers actually are confirmed when the official CPCA numbers come out.

Don't pin your hopes on AI Day bringing any kind of boost to the stock. I don't think any of the recent events have had a positive impact. Even Battery Day for some reason caused a dip.

Probably the biggest non-earnings hit we'll get is when the Semi ships.
I have to agree. If traders arent reacting at all to all the things in the Inflation Reduction Act that will greatly benefit Tesla financially I cant see them reacting to technical presentation that core focus is recruiting.

I have to agree. If traders arent reacting at all to all the things in the Inflation Reduction Act that will greatly benefit Tesla financially I cant see them reacting to technical presentation that core focus is recruiting.

I think even the WS analysts haven't fully digested this report yet. In 6 months, when things are starting to hit Tesla's bottom line from the battery subsidies, I expect a lot of price target upgrades.

How are the currency moves impacting your model on this quarter's financials, if at all?
Currency movements in Q3 are negative to Tesla but not as harsh as Q2. There will be a small currency impact to Tesla but nothing significant.
I don't expect to hear Tesla mention this as a drag to Q3 earnings.