Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check out this wacky chart for 10/7 options expiration. Did we talk about this 40k of volume at $330c?

Screenshot_20220922-183345_Chrome.jpg

In a post I made a couple days ago, the weekly registration numbers as of Sept 18th totaled about 44k. That meant to hit 100k, they need to do 56k in the final two weeks of Sept. If Tesla China follows the same pattern as Tesla US does in its delivery logistics to make sure all production is delivered, then the final two weeks of the quarter will see 25-30% of all deliveries for the quarter. That’s because in the final two weeks of deliveries, you have vehicles being delivered across the entire United States. Vehicles that had been in transit to the East Coast, Midwest have reached their destination points at the same time more recent production is being delivered on the West Coast. And then finally in the last week of the quarter, California gets flooded with deliveries. If you apply that to China, then 56k in the final two weeks is entirely possible.

Bare in mind, these weekly numbers are not official number and someone should probably go into that persons tweet history and line up if the weekly registration numbers actually are confirmed when the official CPCA numbers come out.

Is it Bare In Mind Or Bear In Mind? Which is correct?

"The phrase is correctly written “bear in mind,” though many, many people confuse it with “bare in mind.” The reason for the confusion isn’t very clear, except perhaps that many of us associate “bear” with the ursine mammal, and can’t understand why you would want a “bear” in your mind to represent remembering something.

You can bear a cost, bear a responsibility, bear a child, and bear an emotion. A tree can bear fruit. You can bear yourself with poise, or bear left to change direction."

I know, OT, OT, OT...

Nice Morgan Stanley note on the advantages the IRA bill gives Tesla.

"For the first time since its 2010 IPO, $TSLA may soon find itself as a consensus 'long' in the institutional investor community. This has never happened before"
Morgan Stanley continuing its tradition of putting out a bullish note while at the same time having a laughably low EPS for the near term and far out (2023-2025) which results in no PT change.

Whole lot of nothing burger if ya ask me. Though I’m sure we’ll finally get a PT after Q3 earnings when they get called out for their laughable EPS estimates

I'll be making some of those purchases tomorrow. Needed to wait on funds to settle.

You going ITM, ATM, or OTM?
First, YMMV, I am a not very experienced but this has worked in the past for me. I tend to go far OTM and my ”thesis“ is that 2025 will be past a few speed bumps that might show up in 23 & early 24. There is not a lot of volume so getting the price you want can be the largest challenge. Have fun!

I was reading this article on a proposed tunnel between Germany and Denmark under the sea, and this project apparently has been on the table for over a decade before the construction is getting underway now.

And this caught my attention: :D

While the process completed smoothly on the Danish side, in Germany a number of organizations -- including ferry companies, environmental groups and local municipalities -- appealed against the approval of the project over claims of unfair competition or environmental and noise concerns.

I was reading this article on a proposed tunnel between Germany and Denmark under the sea, and this project apparently has been on the table for over a decade before the construction is getting underway now.

And this caught my attention: :D

While the process completed smoothly on the Danish side, in Germany a number of organizations -- including ferry companies, environmental groups and local municipalities -- appealed against the approval of the project over claims of unfair competition or environmental and noise concerns.

Hmm, I wonder which organizations complained about which problem. :/

Reactions: navguy12