Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And the government spends more of our money on servicing the National debt which is another hit to the tax payer.

I’m certain that this has been mentioned, but it’s going to be much harder, if not impossible, to afford the interest payments on our debt if rates continue to rise…the question for me is, will Wall Street call the Fed’s bluff; knowing they can’t continue to raise rates or face insolvency.

Wait, isn't it the opposite? With inflation people earn more and pay more taxes so there are more dollars in the treasury used to pay off the debt that was originated at a time of fewer, more-valuable dollars? So the debt gets easier to service after more inflation?

Maybe Lucid is having a demand problem. Oops. I meant to say they are clearly crushing deliveries! Or right sized deliveries to meet demand perfectly.

One of those "good news/ bad news" stories in a nutshell.
My first thought was that the majority of their reservation are on the lower trim cars. I can't believe this guy got his Lucid in FL 6 months after ordering it when many still haven't received their Model Y.

Reactions: Ogre and FireMedic
Wait, isn't it the opposite? With inflation people earn more and pay more taxes so there are more dollars in the treasury used to pay off the debt that was originated at a time of fewer, more-valuable dollars? So the debt gets easier to service after more inflation?
I think the argument is that tax payers are still earning the same wages but the cost of goods and services are inflated. But I haven’t taken any economics classes since the 1980’s

So Yahoo has consensus Q3 earnings at $1.05. That's below the actual Q1 earnings of $1.07.

What could these consensus-builders possibly be putting into their spreadsheets that predict Q3 earnings below Q1?
That number hasn't changed (other than the conversion for the 3:1 split) since it was released on July 20th the day after Q2 earnings:
My post from July 20th quoted below:
Wanted to post this here for the record. 2022 Q3 estimated EPS is $3.07. We'll see how much that changes as we get closer 🤓

View attachment 830838

Currently wage inflation haven't hit but the fed doesn't like the market not able to fulfill jobs due to a lack of supply if workers. This is the precursor to a wage inflation so they are trying to increase layoffs as this decrease open jobs and increase labor supply.

Having started dating again after a divorce a couple of years ago, I’ve heard quite a bit of negativity about Musk (unjustified and exaggerated imho) from women and have had a couple of initial encounters go south in a hurry because of this.

So I think this is a real thing and something for investors to be aware of. ‘This’ being both biased content and skewed recommendations in feeds.

Of course once the street gets all the shares they think they can, they’ll be happy to roll them into a fund and sell them back to retail—for a price—with the press singing their praises. 🤷‍♂️

edit: I also know a few women who are positive about Musk. Alas, they are taken.
For every hater there is a lover, or probably multiple lovers to every hater. But if there are ten haters for every lover, when does demand start to fall off? Your post seems a little FUDy to me.

• Funny
Reactions: Unpilot
Tesla patent for the autolabler:
"Generating ground truth for machine learning from time series elements"

Having started dating again after a divorce a couple of years ago, I’ve heard quite a bit of negativity about Musk (unjustified and exaggerated imho) from women and have had a couple of initial encounters go south in a hurry because of this.

So I think this is a real thing and something for investors to be aware of. ‘This’ being both biased content and skewed recommendations in feeds.

Of course once the street gets all the shares they think they can, they’ll be happy to roll them into a fund and sell them back to retail—for a price—with the press singing their praises. 🤷‍♂️

edit: I also know a few women who are positive about Musk. Alas, they are taken.
Maybe they were just put off by the fact that you brought up Tesla and Musk on the first date?

How do you even broach this topic? In my social circles, people who are vocal about their dislike of Tesla/ Musk is about as common as dislike of Apple, and oddly similar groups of people. Most people don't really think about him a whole lot one way or the other. Save for a fairly small but vocal group of haters, most people just write off his antics as typical billionaire noise.

Lots of people I know think Teslas are too expensive, but the few who are genuinely vocally anti-Musk/ Tesla are conservative dudes. Women seem to care more about the car's features. My wife loves it and her friends seem to love it as well.

Of course this, much like your experience is anecdotal. Tesla ownership skews male, but technology early adopters often skews male regardless.

Interesting article about how much cash is on the side lines...

Most of mine is tied up in TSLA thanks to the "buying opportunities" 🤣

The majority of revisions prior to earnings tend to happen after P&D.
I guess that provides some of the explanation. Thanks.

But even at the beginning of the quarter I still can't imagine how anyone predicted Q3 P&D (and thus, earnings) would be lower than Q1.

I meant it as a serious question though. How could anyone get to an EPS for Q3 that is lower than Q1?

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask about a bearish take. But I can't even imagine Gordo making such a blunder.

Maybe they were just put off by the fact that you brought up Tesla and Musk on the first date?
Well here on the west coast north California I have had my share of women hating on Elon, and I am not dating :)

The last one was talking about Ioniq EV as long distance car that is not a tesla, since she would never buy from 'that obnoxious guy'. When I pointed out that tesla cars are the pinnacle of technology price / performance wise and that she should separate CEO from product only then she came around to consider a tesla. I also pointed out the intense fud efforts but she was convinced her anti musk sentiments stem from him (not that she ever met him) and not from campaigns about him

Interesting data point. My kid's daycare owner just got a Lucid which he ordered 6 months ago, said it would be delivered in 60 days but took 6 months. He also had a Model X refresh on order and just got the notice that it's ready after 1.5 years. He of course is cancelling the model X because he got his Lucid.

I was blown away that Tesla made like 20x more Model X in the last 1.5 years than Lucid but still lost out on delivering it in time vs a Luvid. I was also surprised that the initial promise time for a Lucid was lower than any car from Tesla 6 months ago (when electric cars were at peak demand).
Holy cow--just how much are you paying for daycare for your kid? (Have you seen how much a Lucid costs, especially compared to a Model S or MS Plaid?)

It'll blow your mind how much Saudi Motors is asking, and how much is missing (as in, no FSD):

• Funny
Reactions: bkp_duke
Interesting article about how much cash is on the side lines...

Most of mine is tied up in TSLA thanks to the "buying opportunities" 🤣
Mine also, however I like to withdraw my stash from my couches when the opportunities arise, much safer than the banks :)

For every hater there is a lover, or probably multiple lovers to every hater. But if there are ten haters for every lover, when does demand start to fall off? Your post seems a little FUDy to me.
I don’t mean it to be. I’m just reporting from the field so to speak. (And before you lay about with accusations of spreading FUD, you could do the experiment yourself: Canvas people and ask them what they’ve heard recently positive and negative and form your own conclusions.)

It’s hardly FUD to say FUD exists.

It’s hardly news to say that the media seems to promote FUD about Tesla and Musk over objective reporting, much less lionizing a great American success story.

It’s hardly a stretch to suggest that social media feeds are directed and tampered with and not to Tesla’s or Musk’s benefit.

Though clearly some people think it’s worth all this effort to denigrate Tesla and Musk, it’s not clear the effects are all that that meaningful to Tesla product sales. Perhaps there is an effect on TSLA shares, I don’t know.

But what about me, what about my needs? Am I going to have to wait till the Street switches over and gets the press to pump Tesla and Musk in women’s feeds to get… wups, wait, did I type that out loud? 😅

I don’t mean it to be. I’m just reporting from the field so to speak. (And before you lay about with accusations of spreading FUD, you could do the experiment yourself: Canvas people and ask them what they’ve heard recently positive and negative and form your own conclusions.)

It’s hardly FUD to say FUD exists.

It’s hardly news to say that the media seems to promote FUD about Tesla and Musk over objective reporting, much less lionizing a great American success story.

It’s hardly a stretch to suggest that social media feeds are directed and tampered with and not to Tesla’s or Musk’s benefit.

Though clearly some people think it’s worth all this effort to denigrate Tesla and Musk, it’s not clear the effects are all that that meaningful to Tesla product sales. Perhaps there is an effect on TSLA shares, I don’t know.

But what about me, what about my needs? Am I going to have to wait till the Street switches over and gets the press to pump Tesla and Musk in women’s feeds to get… wups, wait, did I type that out loud? 😅

... and here I'd been under the impression that your avatar was a photo of you and your lady friend happily going through life together. ;)

Just tell them you are loaded, you don't have to mention where you got it (Tesla, TSLA, or Elon).

Last edited: