Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, the hedgies etc. sure are lucky that TSLA had been pushed down a little extra over the past few days. What a fortunate coincidence for them.

Also, maybe Elon should buy Twitter and just shut it down. It's making people even more stupid.
View attachment 857414

I'm not sure how much credit I'd give Twitter for Mr. Potash's stupidity. :D

I think the Hertz CEO (Mark Fields?) made the best negotiating tactics ...
1st he paid full price for 10K Teslas
then all other incumbents offered him deep discounts for the rest of fleet ;)
It will come back to bite Hertz in the Ass, Have you ever looked up how much replacement battery costs on a Polestar is? :D

Tesla is already partnering with Sheetz, Wawa, Kum and Go. BP needs to cater to EV to stay relevant (could be overly strong wording).

Interesting thing is that with CCS support, Hertz/BP could use potentially use Tesla Superchargers. Unless they want to control billing directly. Still, who's equipment would you rather use?
Tesla has also installed several superchargers at Stewart's convenience stores/gas stations here in upstate NY. Stewart's has 350+ locations in NY and VT.

Was it Powell that is taking down the market again? I don't see any news about his comments.
Bullard...

1664295062620.png

Pure repetition outside of theoretical OPEC output reductions. Absolutely nothing new.

The first statement is pure theater and farce. "Unexpected macro shock could cause recession." 🤣

As opposed to the rest of economic history where this did not apply.

😂🤣😂

The short story here is the FED is tired of everyone front running them and making their job more difficult. They have a point, but how this translates into them becoming apocalypse horsemen in order to shatter the economy by evoking diabolical evil portents and casting evil eyes is beyond me. They need to to reset back at "we will go where the data tells us" and drop this Ivan Drago nonsense.

It will come back to bite Hertz in the Ass, Have you ever looked up how much replacement battery costs on a Polestar is? :D

8-year battery warranty​

The lithium-ion battery pack is an integral part of your Polestar plug-in hybrid or electric car. You’ll be glad to know that any material defect will be resolved free of charge at your nearest service point, within the first 8 years of ownership or 160,000 kms, whichever comes first. A gradual loss of battery capacity over time is normal and therefore not covered under the warranty.

8-year battery warranty​

The lithium-ion battery pack is an integral part of your Polestar plug-in hybrid or electric car. You’ll be glad to know that any material defect will be resolved free of charge at your nearest service point, within the first 8 years of ownership or 160,000 kms, whichever comes first. A gradual loss of battery capacity over time is normal and therefore not covered under the warranty.
And what is the cost out of warranty? I'm clearly not referring to in warranty.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: Tim S and ABC2D
I really do not know why the Berlin deliveries effort is trying to "crunch" at the end of the quarter. Tesla The Company is so big and successful now that they don't need to impress at the end of the quarter. I mean, let's say there's gonna be a YoY 70% increase in deliveries, and it will be 65% YoY if they didn't crunch. Who would be disappointed by that? And deliveries would be helped in Q4... there would be less (or no) need to crunch again at the end of Q4. Tesla doesn't care about its stock price. It has billions in the bank and doesn't need to raise capital. I simply see no reason to do the crunch, except for the fun of it - and it ain't fun for the employees who have to slog through it. Berlin or anywhere else in the world.

In fact, if Elon wanted the company to crunch to get as high a Q3 figure as possible, it is more likely to drive up TSLA right before he buys back in. It would behove him to relax the crunch, look mature, let the bears drive TSLA down because the Q3 deliveries "did not impress" - and he gets to buy back in at a lower price.