Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@mongo, as per the link from Tesla Canada that you provided,
"For further details, please review the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. This summary applies only to vehicles purchased directly from Tesla on or after the date listed on the New Vehicle Limited Warranty; any Tesla vehicles purchased prior to that date are subject to the applicable New Vehicle Limited Warranty effective as of the date of purchase of such vehicle directly from Tesla. You can find your applicable New Vehicle Limited Warranty in your Tesla Account."

The New Vehicle Limited Warranty is effective on/after March 22nd, 2021, so no, with my June 2018 purchase I am not entitled to the revised extended warranty which now includes 5 years, 100k km warranty on supplemental restraints. My Tesla Account Waranty has no such inclusion. Tesla did not have to honour the extended warranty for my vehicle, but they did, and for that I am thankful.

Going on 4 1/4 years, over 43k km and to date I have spent a total on maintenance of $76 CAD for an air cabin filter. Take that ICE!
March 22, 2021 is just the date of the most recent version of the new vehicle warranty. Going all the way back to 2012 when it was just the S, the SRS warranty has been 5 years/ 100,000 km.
(Also verified the 2017-2018 pre-Y version, both attached)

Attachments

• modelsnewvehiclelimitedwarranty.pdf
    713.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Model_3_New_Vehicle_Limited_Warranty_NA_en(1).pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 369
Really? How big is the air gap between panes?
The air gap is about a quarter of an inch. The vendor, EVinsulate, could probably give you an exact figure. It's primary purpose is to reduce heat flow through the roof in the wintertime to improve efficiency. I'm testing it in the high desert of southern New Mexico where the sun is brutally hot. It's not as effective as an opaque sun screen but it does drastically reduce the inside temperature of the roof. The stock glass roof is just not practical where I live, partly because the intensity of the sun increases significantly with altitude.

OT: I saw a blue Model Y downtown today, similar to my own. It's only the third Tesla I've seen in my little town besides my own. Two of the three were from out of state.

Sham wow!

Lol, The Clapper.

THE 'SHAMWOW!' GUY
In 2009, Shlomi — also known as Vince Offer — was arrested for repeatedly punching a Florida prostitute after she bit his tongue, police records showed. The professional peddler was never charged, but his bruised and blooded mugshot soiled his image.​
51M+xFyLmGL._AC_.jpg

Cheers!

Just got back from a 5200+ km road trip with my son. I've been driving Tesla since 2012, but driving through the Rockies made me realize that I never want to drive an ICE through the mountains again... (I'm from the Prairies)

Just being able to set my cruise and rely on it and not have to ride the brakes constantly was soo much better, and even my Autopilot 1.0 was sufficient to reduce driving fatigue significantly (though there were a few stretches of 2-way traffic with oncoming semi's that I took over - my brain just wants to make a tighter turn).

When Semi drivers have a chance to drive in these conditions, there's no way they'll want to drive anything else, either. Having that extra torque uphill, and the regen downhill is massive to save the brakes. Huge safety, performance, and economical differences...

All this to say - non-EV's should be banned in the Rockies 😜 - not that it's necessary. Just give people the experience and I don't see why anyone would prefer an ICE... At least vs a Tesla (the Supercharger network is key here, for sure, though other options are developing).

Cheers to the Longs!

Just got back from a 5200+ km road trip with my son. I've been driving Tesla since 2012, but driving through the Rockies made me realize that I never want to drive an ICE through the mountains again... (I'm from the Prairies)

Just being able to set my cruise and rely on it and not have to ride the brakes constantly was soo much better, and even my Autopilot 1.0 was sufficient to reduce driving fatigue significantly (though there were a few stretches of 2-way traffic with oncoming semi's that I took over - my brain just wants to make a tighter turn).

When Semi drivers have a chance to drive in these conditions, there's no way they'll want to drive anything else, either. Having that extra torque uphill, and the regen downhill is massive to save the brakes. Huge safety, performance, and economical differences...

All this to say - non-EV's should be banned in the Rockies 😜 - not that it's necessary. Just give people the experience and I don't see why anyone would prefer an ICE... At least vs a Tesla (the Supercharger network is key here, for sure, though other options are developing).

Cheers to the Longs!
Yeah, it's really funny to listen to people who've never driven a Tesla talking about maybe getting one. They say blah, blah charging, blah, blah range, blah, blah, so maybe I'll get a Tesla as my second car and I'll have my trusty ICE for long trips. Doesn't matter how many times you tell them -- no, I've driven many long trips in my Tesla, and once you've done it you'll never want to use your ICE for a long trip again. Nope. For some reason it's just inconceivable.

I find this super interesting for 3 reasons (maybe I missed it somehow???) as it feels like it was suppressed.
1. I saw no notification from @everyElonReply this happened today
2. This seems to be something that a ton of people would be interested in, yet it never showed up in any article (yet it is on TeslaRati written by Joey) and not a huge amount of folks have acted on it
3. Well, it is Henrik, the OG TESLAQ FUDster

Yeah, it's really funny to listen to people who've never driven a Tesla talking about maybe getting one. They say blah, blah charging, blah, blah range, blah, blah, so maybe I'll get a Tesla as my second car and I'll have my trusty ICE for long trips. Doesn't matter how many times you tell them -- no, I've driven many long trips in my Tesla, and once you've done it you'll never want to use your ICE for a long trip again. Nope. For some reason it's just inconceivable.
Agreed. We've had our MYP for 21 months, and put about 36k miles on it with several big road trips (several weeks at a time). In the meantime, we've put around 1200 miles on our gasser. And much of that was because the Tesla was gone on a road trip...

Elon replied

I better watch the whole thing now.

Musk tweet make it semi official that we will get to see Optimus subprime performing amazing feats, at least amazing to robotic experts but likely not to the sci-fi loving masses.

My adult response after watching the Hyperchange summary, Elon liking it and then responding to SMR:

💵💵💵💲💲💲💰💰 💦💦💦💦🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🌕🌕🤑🤑🤑🤑💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

guy-in-corporate-suit-swimming-in-money.gif

Goddamn, I love this stock!

Re

Cheers to the Longs!
Can regenerative braking absorb as much energy as the motors produce? If so I guess that’s quite a brake savings.

Also, sham wow and there’s more… just to stay on topic.

• Funny
Reactions: 2daMoon
Re

Can regenerative braking absorb as much energy as the motors produce? If so I guess that’s quite a brake savings.

Also, sham wow and there’s more… just to stay on topic.
Regeneration maxes out at ~60,000 Watts provided there is enough spare battery capacity. The limitation is how much charge current the battery can handle. The motors can produce more, but that's not an issue because the grade and its length are what matters. My ~95K road trip miles since early 2013 indicate that the friction brakes are rarely if ever used. Most highways max out at 6% grade and are typically far less. You do get some steeper grades (mainly in Canada) but the distance is short for any grade steeper than 6%.