Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some photos from people attending AI day, these from Chuck Cook & Rob Maurer

1664582897914.png

70F27D90-8BB5-4A6C-B4DA-87AB26AE1F56.jpeg
B2ECCEDA-E70A-4E63-9218-E489A828B296.jpeg

If I had to guess as to what vehicles the Gen 3 platform would support, it would be:

1) Dedicated RoboTaxi.
2) Compact consumer sedan (the 25K Tesla).
3) A hatchback version of #2 above (mainly for the Euro market).

Each of these models would be on the same skateboard and have identical substructures, only the bodies would be slightly different from each other. Designed with economical & very high volume manufacturing in mind.
I like your thought process, but I’m thinking it will be a bit bigger. I’d give you ride a fair chance at being correct, but lean towards addressing the commercial market.

1. Robotaxi
2. Sprinter Van
3. Minivan/Eurobus

Can’t wait to see

Thinking of it as a labor replacement... we value people (including all costs of employing someone) at $250k/year. Imagine Optimus can only work at half the speed of a human... but its working 24 hours. Give it a 5 year life, and you're talking about 1.5 times the labor at only $4k/year. That's 93x the value of employing a human.

That's crazy.

“The public owns Tesla and the public decides…” hmmmm…. Interesting statements by Elon
Yes - IMO he is indirectly saying that there are currently non-public entities also working on similar concepts with perhaps less desirable intentions/outcomes, and even if we knew this and did not like it, we could do nothing about it