Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a mass market level, I wonder how the average person will train the bot to perform a specific task or skill.
For sure. If it become easy to teach it to cut the grass, water the plants, and clean the bathroom then I can imagine lots of people buying one for the home at that cost. Outfit it with a skin that looks like Rosey from the Jetsons and we're in the future!

1664589700428.png

Considering this is only operational in the US as far as I know, there is a decent take rate on FSD if there are 160k people that have opted into the beta at this point.

Very impressed so far.

We have been watching Boston Dynamics videos for years. Tesla is catching up to where Boston Dynamics is now... at an amazing rate... and obviously Tesla will soon pass them by, 'cos Boston Dynamics don't have mass production expertise or FSD/AGI computer.

This is clearly a new revenue stream for Tesla... will be interesting to see how WS processes it

What you have concluded is completely against what I believe. I have LISTENED to Douma. And even while I don't know the subject Douma makes it understandable to me on more than a layman's level. And thus is relevant... and very bright. He may be wrong often, but he comes from a stable base.
And now my EDIT: While Sandy Munroe has passed his prime. He seems nonsensical when he starts mumbling about how his personal preferences are worth mentioning..as well as his wife's. I got what he was telling us a couple of times, but more often he talks of the same thing over and over. Munroe comes up with some catchy phrases; I will give him that. And he has a good company... but he himself is getting a bigger cowboy hat and shinier boots while having less ability to ride.

Since people are discussing James Douma, I just want to add my two cent.
He might make something understandable in a layman's level to you. But the accuracy of the information he is feeding you is almost always wrong.
That's what makes it dangerous.

Here are some things James said that are 100% factually wrong. And there are dozens more. Tesla could announce a time travel machine today and tomorrow Douma will be on Dave Lee telling you "how they built it and why its amazing".

For sure. If it become easy to teach it to cut the grass, water the plants, and clean the bathroom then I can imagine lots of people buying one for the home at that cost. Outfit it with a skin that looks like Rosey from the Jetsons and we're in the future!

Well, why not Neuralink (Show & Tell is only a month away now) yourself to a Tesla Bot? Train yourself and it at home.

Then, heck, why not explore Mars (or build something there by yourself or with your guild/team) by controlling a Tesla Bot, using Starlink, taken there (or maybe Europa perhaps and go for a swim) on a Starship?

Log out whenever you want. Especially when the kids are coming home for dinner.

Very impressed so far.

We have been watching Boston Dynamics videos for years. Tesla us catching up to where Boston Dynamics is now... at an amazing rate... and obviously Tesla will soon pass them by, 'cos Boston Dynamics don't have mass production expertise or FSD/AGI computer.

This is clearly a new revenue stream for Tesla... will be interesting to see how WS processes it
Tesla is already well beyond Boston dynamics imo. Sure the Boston dynamics robots move more quickly and dance and stuff, but it’s not thinking it’s just doing a rehearsed thing.

Also, this is all electrical and quiet. The Boston dynamics stuff is like having a motor boat at full speed next to you.

Very impressed so far.

We have been watching Boston Dynamics videos for years. Tesla us catching up to where Boston Dynamics is now... at an amazing rate... and obviously Tesla will soon pass them by, 'cos Boston Dynamics don't have mass production expertise or FSD/AGI computer.

It’s actually getting close to Boston Dynamics in terms of movement abilities and infinitely beyond what Boston Dynamics has when it comes to AI…..since every Boston Dynamics robot has zero AI.

What problem are we solving tho? People and machinery can already run factories. If anything, this just creates the problem of another idle citizen needing support.

The primary goals of all Elon's efforts are obviously Mars-based. This thing will make great semi autonomous explorer landing on Mars to setup Boring rigs, building human shelter and other infrastructure.

I don't see the Earth based purposes.

How....you.....what? You don't see the potential??!?!

cFOnfs4.gif

P.S. We are all going to be much, much wealthier.

View attachment 858702

Considering this is only operational in the US as far as I know, there is a decent take rate on FSD if there are 160k people that have opted into the beta at this point.

It's NA-- so US and Canada. 160k is about half of all FSD buyers in NA- which is the VAST majority of ALL FSD buyers worldwide.

Troy has some data on this, about 330k total by end of Q2 in the US... another 100k in EU.... and just less than 10k in Asia-Pacific.

Note, these estimates are take rate with vehicle purchase, it doesn't capture post-purchase FSD add... lots more data here:

• Helpful
Reactions: hobbes