Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We know WS is incoherent, but upon further reflection of the latest 'debacle', I realize that TSLA is still going to easily beat consensus earnings in 16 days, by probably around 30%, (thank you @The Accountant ). This is supposed to be the driver of the SP, not exactly how many cars they delivered plus or minus five percent in a record quarter.

With that in mind, this makes even less sense.

If you believe that TSLA will report record earnings in 16 days, you should be a buyer here.

Not an advice of course. Shouldn't take advice from someone on verge of a margin call.

All the best!

Hexes go out from here on for anybody who uses Tesla and Google in the same sentence.
Sorry Krugerrand... as soon as I saw this the other day (link below) I wondered where they were getting the data from, why they were depicting it in the same way that Google Maps does when depicting the chronological usage of retail stores and businesses, and if there would be any expansion of this into a way for you to see retail chronological usage of other locations on the Tesla map. I am still suspicious of a rumour like "Google and Tesla possible partnership" but it's intriguing

Macro is up > 1% so @StarFoxisDown! might be having an aneurysm.

Even better (worse?)

397Etsy Inc.ETSY0.041813
up.gif
4.49(+4.48%)

China factory had bigger effect on Q3 beyond just the shutdown. Logistically shipments to Europe were slowed as well.Q1 15 ships left Shanghai for Europe all between January 7 and February 22nd which is 5 to 50 days from start of quarter For Q3 10 ships left for Europe from Shanghai starting July 15 and last on August 29th which is 11 to 57 days from start of quarter. The last ships of the quarter also didnt go to the heart of Europe they went to Barcelona and Koper to get them off ship ASAP. So they had less time to finish the final leg from further ports for much of Europe.

Macro is up > 1% so @StarFoxisDown! might be having an aneurysm.
Eh........I'm not even going to hate on Wall St for taking advantage of this.

The one thing Tesla couldn't do in this macro environment was have a negative surprise/change.....even if it's long term, a needed change and better for the company. The way Tesla handled this and blindsided analysts has welcomed bears and the demand narrative to front and center with the stock. So you can throw any notion of "fair value" for TSLA out the window on valuation metrics.

For the next two weeks, it's game on for how low can Wall St take TSLA. If the macro's dip another 5-10%, TSLA is definitely testing it's June lows. The chart looks downright terrible for the next couple of months and the FUD and demand fears are going to constantly push down the stock. At this point I'm just hoping earnings set a solid floor in the 230-240 area and that there's a significant surprise like Energy that propels the stock back up in the upper 200's. I

I doubt we see the 300's again until we get Q4 P/D numbers, even if the macros recover some

The answers to your questions are the same and easy. None of it is relevant to Tesla. They’ll simply keep their heads down and chug along like they have from the start. They’ll continue to make the right, moral and ethical decisions for all of us regardless of all the extraneous 💩political or otherwise.

What you’re trying to do is make up scenarios that somehow go so wrong for Tesla that it mortally wounds them. Not going to happen. If the world goes so bad that Tesla is destroyed then we’ve got much bigger problems on our hands than the value of our portfolios.

This company does not operate like any other on the planet. They do not make decisions like every other company (or you) make. Take Elon’s words to heart; Tesla will do the right thing even if it means lawsuits against them. Those lawsuits will not kill Tesla, but on the off chance they do, see paragraph above.

I understand that you and many others are compelled by your nature to think negatively, to endlessly search to find that one thing that can destroy the best thing that has ever happened to us all. Every once in a while it isn’t too good to be true.

Tesla will transcend politics. It is you and others who want to make things political despite your words. There isn’t a box that exists to put Tesla in, stop trying so hard to find one.
I must admit, I used to think that posts of this nature from @Krugerrand were simply bullish rah-rah go-team type rants.
This changed for me when I watched the Joe Justice video about how Tesla management: how Tesla holds each employee accountable directly to the mission.. the mission which has evolved from "get transportation on to electric" (Tesla Motors era) to "get industrial civilization off of fossil fuels" (Tesla Energy era) to now "solve the most intractable projects for humanity?" (Optimus+FSD+Dojo AI era)? (I think we could have an essay just on that evolution)
Not everyone watches videos, but that one - since Joe worked there and helped them with their management - is entirely from Joe's Tesla experience and somewhat mind blowing. I don't have the link but YouTube will doubtless find it easily for you.
I really don't think any other company out there is holding employees accountable to their globally significant corporate mission using in-house AI that notices when teams form and talks to them to model their impact on the mission in a days + dollars way, reporting progress on said mission with monitors in house and on personal phone apps.
This directly leads to the sort of over-the-top SOUNDING but probably not over-the-top ACTUAL statements from folks like @Krugerrand who have been watching this company quite a bit longer than me.

No box to put Tesla in indeed ... A horse of a different color, or perhaps one with wings!

(found a way to buy more shares at this price. Bargain Monday indeed!)

Unfortunately only based on "sources familiar with the matter". We will see what comes out of this, but not spectacular enough to make it up IMHO.

Well now that Tesla is building their own robots, the labor situation in Reno is no longer the limit. I predicted this on DISQUS back in 2018 in a conversation with @carsonight, based on the first whispers of Tesla Vision and FSD. Will be good to see it all come together. :D

The one thing Tesla couldn't do in this macro environment was have a negative surprise/change.....even if it's long term, a needed change and better for the company. The way Tesla handled this and blindsided analysts has welcomed bears and the demand narrative to front and center with the stock. So you can throw any notion of "fair value" for TSLA out the window on valuation metrics.

For the next two weeks, it's game on for how low can Wall St take TSLA. If the macro's dip another 5-10%, TSLA is definitely testing it's June lows. The chart looks downright terrible for the next couple of months and the FUD and demand fears are going to constantly push down the stock. At this point I'm just hoping earnings set a solid floor in the 230-240 area and that there's a significant surprise like Energy that propels the stock back up in the upper 200's. I

I doubt we see the 300's again until we get Q4 P/D numbers, even if the macros recover some

Yep. No matter how well Tesla performs there always seems to be something knocking it back down. This market is so fearful that any little tiny thing results in hugely negative reactions. Record quarter and we're down 8%+. It's why I feel we'll trade mostly sideways for a year or so despite growing production at 50%, there is just too much fear in this market to allow any stock to break out right now. There will always be some reason to hold it down until the macros turn around, and I just don't see that happening anytime "soon".

We'll break out eventually, it's inevitable, but I think the spring's going to compress for the next year or two.

In that case...
Wow, that's cheap!

1664813448739.png

FYI, my crystal ball is back from the shop. I give TMC the usual 3 days to snap out of this funk.
By Wed, more analysts will be looking at the Tesla log charts.

Cheers!

I must admit, I used to think that posts of this nature from @Krugerrand were simply bullish rah-rah go-team type rants.
This changed for me when I watched the Joe Justice video about how Tesla management: how Tesla holds each employee accountable directly to the mission.. the mission which has evolved from "get transportation on to electric" (Tesla Motors era) to "get industrial civilization off of fossil fuels" (Tesla Energy era) to now "solve the most intractable projects for humanity?" (Optimus+FSD+Dojo AI era)? (I think we could have an essay just on that evolution)
Not everyone watches videos, but that one - since Joe worked there and helped them with their management - is entirely from Joe's Tesla experience and somewhat mind blowing. I don't have the link but YouTube will doubtless find it easily for you.
I really don't think any other company out there is holding employees accountable to their globally significant corporate mission using in-house AI that notices when teams form and talks to them to model their impact on the mission in a days + dollars way, reporting progress on said mission with monitors in house and on personal phone apps.
This directly leads to the sort of over-the-top SOUNDING but probably not over-the-top ACTUAL statements from folks like @Krugerrand who have been watching this company quite a bit longer than me.

No box to put Tesla in indeed ... A horse of a different color, or perhaps one with wings!

(found a way to buy more shares at this price. Bargain Monday indeed!)
Reiterating what has been brought up in the past, Joe Justice worked for Tesla as little as one month (and max two months). I wonder how much insight he could really gain during that time period.

I never buy on margin. But today, I bought on margin.

If it drops under $240 I'll be going in on margin with my "fun" day trading account. Seeing how we have a record ER coming in two weeks which will most likely beat analyst expectations, it feels like a very sound short term bet.

My main accounts are holding long as always. :cool: