Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting ready to drop back into the 600s. Earnings FOMO is not what it used to be.... :mad:

It's reasonable to expect a retest of the YTD low before earnings. Hedgies are cushioning the blow of unexpectectly strong earnings, or positioning themselves to set a new YTD low.

This is how the sausage is made.

Last edited:
I was hoping that the robot will 'see' outside of human visible wavelenghts. This can only happen with sensors, AFAIK. The robot would have been more universal when it could 'see' UV, infra-red, and all that sensors could detect.

Hope this will still be the case.

Yes.
I bang pieces of wood together for a living, so tech is not my zone. But I do know from my interest in photography that camera sensors come in different configurations. And that in fact the classic Bayer array predisposes to green, to more closely emulate human vision. And that filters are added to the sensor stack, to further restrict sensor output to more easily produce an output tailored to human perception. The raw camera sensor output from the auto cameras may already be in a much wider range than human (which has a range of it's own, per individual) vision.

Offering an assist for a funny post. I think the disagrees overlooked the "up" part. ;)
They certainly did, thanks for saving me from drowning completely in disagrees. I guess it was a bit too easy to miss the way I posted it.

Ah well, back to waiting to see just how much stock I need to sell. At least my broker allows some breathing room before liquidating positions.

Reactions: 2daMoon
I think the justification is also similar to the sensor suite they've settled on at this point for FSD: Primarily visual, foregoing radar/lidar, as that's what the roads are designed around: accommodating the abilities of human drivers. (ultrasonics being the current exception, although you could argue those really fill in the near-field gaps that statically placed cameras cant "move their eyes" or "crane their neck" to see...
Well, that was interesting timing...

Pure speculation.
I believe it’s Elon who sold on Monday to shore up finances for Twitter buyout .
It’s likely the paperwork to sell was put in place well before the closing of trading window , probably around the time of the original deposition . Once he made up his mind to buy at the original offer and paperwork in place, he got the original deposition date moved . Goal was not to depose all along .
We will know soon.

My take as well. This is not an arbitrary change. They already know it works.
I'd like to think that too...so...show us. You don't need a massive PR department, just a simple video on the tesla youtube channel showing their amazing tech that proves parking sensors are no longer needed.
Right now people know that something they have RELIED ON is not included with a £70k+ new car. This is really bad customer relations.

Christ even a tweet from Elon, saying they are 100% certain this is a safe decision to make. But nah, busy talking about twitter instead ffs...

One concern we have (spouse and I) is that Tesla is getting ready to give away one of their greatest moats in North America. We follow a few other boards, Hyundai, Lightning F150, Bolt etc. They all love their vehicles and would never consider a Tesla (weird tesla hate) but all hate the charging experience of their vehicles with EA or EC or Petrocan or EVGO or whoever. They can’t wait until the end of the year when tesla opens up their charging network to everyone. Then they’ll all have the only advantage of owning a tesla without having to buy a piece of chit tesla.

Just sayin. I don’t see a big advantage of tesla going down this road. And in my opinion will hurt the company in the long term…and short term.

Jmho.

10 more at $238... wish i had more dry powder ... never used margin in 25 + years investing in stocks ... but thinking about the M word if this keeps up o_O
one of my investing principles is "do not buy equities on margin ever"...

seriously considering breaking this rule if TSLA goes sub $200

not advice ...HODL

I've been playing a game with Murphy where I focus hard on considering margin, but wait on the edge of my seat leading him to think I want to buy at exactly the bottom.

Other bait to use is calculating the potential should everything go just right, and getting a mindset where you project strongly just how much you want this. But, never actually do it.

This puts Murphy into motion to dash your hopes and dreams, which will be done with a reversal just before you commit to making a margin purchase.

Keep up the good work while waiting for Murphy to step in, rather than actually taking on the added risk.
(Disclaimer: this is not intended as financial advice)

Right now, hedgies are riding the Lower-BB on the back of bad macros. On the bright side, by tomorrow we'll know if it was E. selling on Monday. ;)

Cheers to the Longs!
Along with yesterday and today.
I'm terrible at pattern spotting in the present, but it seems like when Elon has had a large non-plan sale, he sells over three days and files such that the Form 4s don't get posted until after completion. So tonight will be an F5 Edgar fest.

Pure speculation.
I believe it’s Elon who sold on Monday to shore up finances for Twitter buyout .
It’s likely the paperwork to sell was put in place well before the closing of trading window , probably around the time of the original deposition . Once he made up his mind to buy at the original offer and paperwork in place, he got the original deposition date moved . Goal was not to depose all along .
We will know soon.
What about today? Pure bad magicians? Boy...i am sure relieved this is gonna be over with. We can all start focusing on purely Tesla again soon.

Reactions: Artful Dodger
This is the occupancy network and occupancy flow network in vector space. This is the way.
Technical jargon is nice but the proof is in the pudding and experience for the end user. I think the cameras alone will do the job well enough, and camera setups from the range of competitors could also do the job well enough by themselves, but there will be some gaps/shortcomings that the other sensors helped offset and those shortcomings will persist long after the functionality is restored to a "good enough" state.

Either way it's crazy to cut these features without having the alternative ready and I'd have to assume it's a supply chain thing

I was hoping that the robot will 'see' outside of human visible wavelenghts. This can only happen with sensors, AFAIK. The robot would have been more universal when it could 'see' UV, infra-red, and all that sensors could detect.

Hope this will still be the case.

Yes.
The cameras can see outside the visible wavelengths. Usually in most other electronics, that information is filtered out because it is not useful for human beings. Those filters can be hardware or software, but usually they are baked into the camera hardware. But Tesla has probably removed those filters or modified them.

One concern we have (spouse and I) is that Tesla is getting ready to give away one of their greatest moats in North America. We follow a few other boards, Hyundai, Lightning F150, Bolt etc. They all love their vehicles and would never consider a Tesla (weird tesla hate) but all hate the charging experience of their vehicles with EA or EC or Petrocan or EVGO or whoever. They can’t wait until the end of the year when tesla opens up their charging network to everyone. Then they’ll all have the only advantage of owning a tesla without having to buy a piece of chit tesla.

Just sayin. I don’t see a big advantage of tesla going down this road. And in my opinion will hurt the company in the long term…and short term.

Jmho.

Remember the mission. It includes helping other manufacturers to accelerate the transition.

Besides, their car owners will pay more than Tesla owners for charging at a Tesla SC, so this potential income stream should offset your concerns to some degree.