Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What he said:
"No further TSLA sales planned after today"

"Yes. In the (hopefully unlikely) event that Twitter forces this deal to close *and* some equity partners don’t come through, it is important to avoid an emergency sale of Tesla stock."

One could be critical of sales to buy Twitter in general, but the second sale this year was duress/insurance versus desired.

That second one, and the tweet, is the reason I don't think he'll sell any more.

• Informative
Reactions: wipster and mongo
Our boy made national news on the opening monologue for the Colbert Show last night. For EVs? No. For SpaceX? No. For tunnels? No. Polls. F****** polls. What a way to move your brand and value.

Yes, this is related to the company. It shows the public the head of Tesla is out of his mind. Who would want to think about switching over after seeing that? No, don't tell me about demand. It's met, I get it. I'm talking about the people still driving ICEs.

Meanwhile in Finland, Europe. The headline of biggest commercial news service of country: "Elon Musk's Starlink is Ukraine"s secret weapon - which Russia can't do anything about 'As if from another galaxy'"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221005-210226.png
    Screenshot_20221005-210226.png
    390.8 KB · Views: 77
Demand is off the charts unmeasurable. I've been a Tesla fanboy since (I don't know when somewhere between 2008 and 2013). I still haven't bought a tesla (for various reasons).

Just a slight dip in pre tax credit prices on the Model Y and a firm understanding that I get the tax credit and I'm in on my first Tesla (in 2023?).

Prices dip more than that and I grab a 2nd Tesla shortly after.

There are millions of people like me waiting in the wings for the right time to buy. (The cars have been good enough for me all along)

And that's not counting all the existing Tesla owners that will pick up a new daily driver or trade in/upgrade from an older Tesla.

Elon can say the nicest or most reprehensible things and it won't change my desire to replace my current daily driver.

Any one that thinks demand is an issue or that what Elon says will affect demand is clearly unaware of the huge numbers of us ready to snap up a reasonably priced Tesla.

I fully expect prices to drop when Austin Texas is pumping out full capacity, I also expect demand to be robust enough that the price drop will be minimal. I expect to pay more than I want to for my next car. But a Model Y under $40K after tax credit would be a deal I'm ready to do now.

1a644cbf5091a8870ce59fc6269aa8a192ac84cddafec592df6a07e160119423.png
40af9f43d661bf9d44e45a2f9a8992c4e464d793342ff8dc87f561e5601d3b98.png
If prices do actually come down, there will likely be strong disincentive to trade-in/upgrade across the auto industry after what has happened. We just came out of a period where people were trading in and selling used vehicles for ridiculous amounts historically, and now they'll be sitting on new vehicles bought at inflated prices while looking at declining trade-in values representing an even more massive depreciation hit than you'd expect in a normal auto environment. New buyers will come in, but people who bought during the last couple years will likely be much more inclined to hang onto what they have rather than take a huge loss on a recent buy.

Hence Elon already sounding the alarm about deflation, because dropping prices are not good for the economy for these and other reasons: if people catch a whiff of prices dropping, they'll hold off on purchases with the hope of prices dropping further. Slow and steady inflation is the best circumstance, the pendulum swung hard in one direction here and it presumably will swing back hard.

Q. Why did the chicken cross the road?

A. To get the Dark Side.
Subscribed to him on YouTube hoping he would see through the noise…

Feels more like he’s in his own “echo chamber” now…🤦‍♂️

Having no capital gains tax probably plays into his willingness to jump as well. If he bought early (pre-2019 and earlier) that would be a harder pill to swallow.

Ah well, one less follower.

HODL

Never go full Greg.

OT:

Here is the original form of this joke, which has echoed down through the years from WWII:

Q. Why did the Paratrooper cross the road?​
A. Because winds on the Drop Zone weren't 5...​

Lol... joke still cracks me up after 40+ years ;)

AIRBORNE!

Last edited:
Q. Why did the chicken cross the road?

A. To get the Dark Side.

No one should give him any follow/recognition at all. You can have valid concerns, but putting a ridiculous, sensationalist price target of $140 given what we know is just as bad as Morgan Stanley with is $10 price target (which also had solid logic and was one of a spectrum of price targets, but it doesn't matter because that's the one that's going to get attention).

It's what I hate about the overwhelming majority of these "influencers." They're straight up narcacist and are being paid for attention. Just extensions of the media industry, except when they cater TOWARD us then we love it.

Our boy made national news on the opening monologue for the Colbert Show last night. For EVs? No. For SpaceX? No. For tunnels? No. Polls. F****** polls. What a way to move your brand and value.

Yes, this is related to the company. It shows the public the head of Tesla is out of his mind. Who would want to think about switching over after seeing that? No, don't tell me about demand. It's met, I get it. I'm talking about the people still driving ICEs.
How many people watch that show. Thanks

No one should give him any follow/recognition at all. You can have valid concerns, but putting a ridiculous, sensationalist price target of $140 given what we know is just as bad as Morgan Stanley with is $10 price target (which also had solid logic and was one of a spectrum of price targets, but it doesn't matter because that's the one that's going to get attention).

It's what I hate about the overwhelming majority of these "influencers." They're straight up narcacist and are being paid for attention. Just extensions of the media industry, except when they cater TOWARD us then we love it.
Some of his talking points are clearly stupid but there's a decent chance global macro continues to suck for quite a while.

Don't discount how low the price could go for a few days when people are running scared.

1664994754499.png

The bubble (of propaganda) is about to burst. Their heads are spinning...how will they control the narrative?

We just getting started.

Elon Musk. A man of true courage.

You hate everything he does but you won't sell your shares. I love it. So principled. Must be because of "the mission", LOL.

Nothing can stop the train that has departed. Nothing.

I for one think Elon is a brilliant engineer and designer of Cars, Spaceships, etc. At the same time, I think his self control and understanding of social things is terrible which means he has a high likelihood of completely screwing up Twitter.

I find people who claim universal hate of Elon to be... naieve.

The bubble (of propaganda) is about to burst. Their heads are spinning...how will they control the narrative?

We just getting started.

Elon Musk. A man of true courage.

You hate everything he does but you won't sell your shares. I love it. So principled. Must be because of "the mission", LOL.

Nothing can stop the train that has departed. Nothing.
Fair point. I (as many others have stated) don't like some of the non-Tesla related actions of Elon - including the Twitter purchase. The actions have definitely hurt the stock price at times, but the overall trajectory of the SP is upward. I believe in the mission, but care more (if I am entirely honest) about the SP and resulting riches. I think some people on here claim otherwise.

Meanwhile in Finland, Europe. The headline of biggest commercial news service of country: "Elon Musk's Starlink is Ukraine"s secret weapon - which Russia can't do anything about 'As if from another galaxy'"
Here in the US, people still post the stupid story about how Tesla got paid to send Starlink to Ukraine and how SpaceX and Tesla make all their money from the government. Prepare for another 5+ years of this nonsense since the government decided gifting Tesla (and other EV makers) with $$Billions is a great idea.

I for one think Elon is a brilliant engineer and designer of Cars, Spaceships, etc. At the same time, I think his self control and understanding of social things is terrible which means he has a high likelihood of completely screwing up Twitter.

I find people who claim universal hate of Elon to be... naieve.

It is naive to think that Twitter isn't already completed screwed up in current form. Well if you haven't been paying attention or stuck in the propaganda loop for the last 5 plus years, i get it, however Elon has been laying it out for you over the last 6 months.

Lacks self control and understanding of social things is terrible? Most investors won't touch that with a 10 foot pole. You may say this to justify your beliefs but deep down you know it can't be true. Logically, it can't be true. I'm not going to go over all the reasons bc it is obvious.

Subscribed to him on YouTube hoping he would see through the noise…

Feels more like he’s in his own “echo chamber” now…🤦‍♂️

Having no capital gains tax probably plays into his willingness to jump as well. If he bought early (pre-2019 and earlier) that would be a harder pill to swallow.

Ah well, one less follower.

HODL
You know what they say, capitulation requires everyone to see there's zero hope left for it to be the true bottom of the market. Losing a few bulls is part of the process.

There are millions of people like me waiting in the wings for the right time to buy.
Just in case you hadn't noticed, you didn't win. The right time to buy your first Tesla is always ASAP. All these years now you have cleverly been waiting for the right time and not driving a Tesla! And, yes, I'm sure it's the case that there are millions of stupid people out there just waiting for the right time.