Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Real life data point. Margin cushion 9.25% remaining - and I thought I was being conservative ;(

Now I may have to really scramble for mo' cash. Anyone knows what IBKR's modus operandi is? Do I have a 1 day respite or are they going to automatically liquidate if margin gets to zero? Or should I transfer cash right away? (not advice accepted)

Now to check on Schwab's margins. Any hints -not advice/ advice - there too galdly accepted.

View attachment 863349

View attachment 863350
FYI.

Just bought cheap puts for end of month and got back half a million in margin. Cost was 1.6 K for 40 of them.

Something to consider. One would hope record earnings would at least stabilize TSLA.

Yer I was also stupid enough to sell "far OTM" puts which were margin secured. They aren't far OTM Anymore.

And another thing, Elon is also doing my head in. I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet but he literally posted on twitter saying he had a bad feeling about the economy, then orders the company to reduce the work force / stop office hiring.

Then he goes and offers above market price for Twitter. Who actually does that? Imagine firing people from your company then going to buy a stock that makes no money for above market price.
Twitter is green this morning, lol.

what strike and expiration? thanks
E206B0C3-A38B-462D-A3AE-96C570CF6BEC.png

I mean yeah of course I also bought a LEAP.

Yer I was also stupid enough to sell "far OTM" puts which were margin secured. They aren't far OTM Anymore.

And another thing, Elon is also doing my head in. I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet but he literally posted on twitter saying he had a bad feeling about the economy, then orders the company to reduce the work force / stop office hiring.

Then he goes and offers above market price for Twitter. Who actually does that? Imagine firing people from your company then going to buy a stock that makes no money for above market price.
Also the way he negotiated the buy of twitter, pure 4d chess, actually more
like tic tac toe.

Twitter is green this morning, lol.
I hear their company is valued at 44 billion. So it's share price is undervalued right now I guess.

Also the way he negotiated the buy of twitter, pure 4d chess, actually more
like tic tac toe.
Yer, people were over analyzing but the truth was he just screwed up.

Elons a very smart person, who works very hard. He understands a lot of things, but I don't think he fully understands how to control his impulses. I mean I can't blame him, how many people on this forum have gone, ok i'll sell. Then 2 minutes later, O it's going back up, I better buy it back! Only for it to go back down again and you are left going well *sugar* why did I buy it back (talking about trading stocks obviously). Human emotions mess with your head I guess. I don't know why he waived DD.

Everything else bouncing, why are we staying at lows?
why are you one bit surprised? TSA has been targeted for 2 weeks non stop now. Hedge funds are determined to break the 52 week low and 200/share.

At this point TSLA’s trading has little to do with the macros. It will be capped on macro up days and punished on macro down days

why are you one bit surprised? TSA has been targeted for 2 weeks non stop now. Hedge funds are determined to break the 52 week low and 200/share.

At this point TSLA’s trading has little to do with the macros. It will be capped on macro up days and punished on macro down days

Asking b/c I legit didn't get the joke:
Why is Elon selling "burnt hair" perfume? Is he predicting some kind of burning of all the shorts? Something else?