Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The competition is coming:

Yep. And as if on cue, the NY Times just published an expose on Elon's personal life that, based on what I've read so far, is a pure hit piece. It takes almost every innuendo about Elon and treats them as fact, such as the stewardess, plus stating that he "smoked a joint" on Rogan's show when in fact it was barely a puff on a blunt (half tobacco I believe). Also insinuating that he knows Ghislaine Maxwell intimately when he ran into her once at a party ages ago where she photo bombed him.

And what pisses me off is that uninformed folks are going to read this drivel and assume that it's all correct. Geez, take a walk in his shoes, then tell me what he thinks and feels. Shitty way to start a Saturday.

What you see is very tame compared to what’s coming.

Let's assume that it is within the realm of possibilities that those not wishing for Elon to purchase TWTR have worked to keep the TWTR share price up while they have hammered the TSLA share price lower since this all began.

Nominated for "Moderators' Choice: Posts of Particular Merit". Thank-you.

However, your estimate that Elon has $2.1B remaining currently to repurchase TSLA stock is likely his floor amount. If we take the statements from Elon's bankers and other investors at their word, then Elon will not require any of the $7B proceeds from his last TSLA sale. If so, all of those funds would be available to repurchase TSLA going forward.

Now do I think he'll spend it all on TSLA in one glorious bulk buy, spiking the SP? No. because as soon as it's clear that the buying frenzy is over, the shortzes+MMs will simply go back to their craft and scoop out all that value by naked shorting (then buy-to-close again once they've drive the SP back into the crapper).

No, the right move IMO is to place a standing buy order at a moderate amount, based on the real economic value of Tesla, and support the SP during bear-raids and FUD-storms, and let that be the mew* way forward. Tesla too could reinforce this strategy by synchronizing their share buy-backs with Elon's TSLA purchases.

I'd like to see it get to the point where Elon's SEC log is so busy, with weekly purchases and storms of dailies, that it no longer makes the news whenever Elon buys or sells.

Mountain Mew.jpg

*that's how we climb our Mountain (and earn one, too).

Cheers to the Longs!

Last edited:
Still seeing a lot of people suggesting the Nasdaq will go down to 7k or so and as a result Tesla will hit $140.

Never say never but that just seems ridiculous on both counts. Obv we here are often biased as bulls (probably perma bulls if we survived this long in TSLA) but looking at charts alone and saying "should go down because went up" is pure mysticism.

This is the S&P500 PE ratio by month since forever. I don't think there is any law that says we need to go lower than we were in say 1966. I also wonder if increased foreign investment also has a tendency to increase PE ratios for companies trading on the US exchanges with the rise of globalization.

Current S&P 500 PE ratio mean is 18.10. NASDAQ mean is 22.9.

1665851209263.png

Last edited:
I'm sitting here with my coffee and a big grin! I just closed the deal on my dream house. Got the keys. Admiring the view from my living room sitting on improvised furniture.

☕ 😁 🏠 🚗

Wow! Me too! So, my new place s down by the river! And it came pre-furnaced* with all this cool old furniture! And its got a new ceiling put in too! /s

Bless this Mess.jpg

Hahaha, we gonna be okay... :D

Chairs for the Longs!
*photo taken before installation of a furnace.

Just go on Reddit or Twitter.

You will quickly discover that Elon is the most duplicitous greedy evil f%#k ever to have walked the earth, an anti-Christ towering over wanna be anti-Christs of the recent past. No debate either; everything has been settled with a decade plus of FUD to reference.
Reddit was a dumpster fire against Elon long before Ukraine.

Wow! Me too! So, my new place s down by the river! And it came pre-furnaced* with all this cool old furniture! And its got a new ceiling put in too! /s

View attachment 864152

Chairs for the Longs!

Our classic warm inviting Canadian homes

I’m sorry that the Spring of 2019 is one you don’t like to remember. For me it brings back good memories.

Having started investing in TSLA just before the time of ‘funding secured’ (buying between 300 and 370 pre-splits) I watched the stock slump all the way to 230, 200 and even sub-190. Those prices were so ridiculous - knowledge gained in this thread - that I decided to go all-in, quadrupling the amount I originally planned to invest.

Best. Decision. Ever.

Hopefully there are some people now who have just started investing in TSLA and are deciding to do the same thing. I expect them to be richly rewarded.

Just don’t take risks with money you may need quickly or with margin. It can always go lower and back then it took a while for the stock to dig itself out of the hole.
Margin is not an all or nothing thing, when it comes to degree of danger.

E.g. It’s hardly any more dangerous to be 101% invested in Tesla vs. 100%, than it is to be 100% vs 99%. Those who say “never use margin”, are effectively also saying even the tiniest amount is dangerous and it’s really not that dangerous in small amounts. It just becomes incrementally more dangerous, the higher margin you have.

Margin danger is a matter of degree, not margin = great danger, no margin = none.

View attachment 864152

Chairs for the Longs!
Down by the river? Nice! You know I always wanted waterfront. It's even got a natural Trombe Wall (for those into energy conservation).
Was it on Zillow or one of those cash deals down by the river? I bet I could afford one still.

🤦‍♂️ So, you're finding the best use of your life and time on the planet is to be on a fan site with an axe to grind on a guy leading a team to build a sustainable future for the planet (that you live on), make life multiplanetary, building a worldwide internet, and curing brain diseases?
He's a swing trader who spends most of his time jaw-boning the SP. Best put on squelch, no content there. ;)

The mind, it boggles... wobbles
FTFY. ;)

Cheers!

Last edited:

View attachment 864152

Chairs for the Longs!
Down by the river…eating government cheese…

View attachment 864152

Chairs for the Longs!
You sure that's yours?
After last week, I thought it might be more like this.

Was it on Zillow or one of those cash deals down by the river? I bet I could afford one still.
Its a Willow (forest). There's lots. The neighbor runs a still, but I don't go over there (he shoots at CROWS and FEDs). ;)

You sure that's yours?
Well, pretty sure... The last squatter hasn't come back since the place was gassed by the FED. :p

Cheers!

Last edited: