Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More great news. So VPPs now in the two largest US states.
View attachment 865140

This is HUGE news. Tesla being able to be a power provider in TX with VPPs really does change the competitive landscape.

EDIT - and my read of this is that it is not limited to Tesla end users with Powerwalls. Tesla themselves with their megapacks (GF Austin) and Solar (also GF Austin) would be able to contribute.

OT:

Hi folks,

I think its finally time for me to come clean. I made a significant change in my life earlier this Spring to dramatically reduce my monthly expenses, hedge against inflation, and protect myself from currency fluctuations (CAD vs USD). Storm clouds were gathering.

Though it was a long, agonizing process involving over 9 months of waiting, I am glad now that its finally done. It needed doing, and I did it. I have no regrets, no looking backwards.

Yes, I bought a Tesla.

Tesla SEMY.jpg

Cheers to the Longs! :D

Hmmmm. I don't claim to be particularly good at timing the market, but I disagree that, at the time, my $1,165 ($388 post split) earlier in the year purchase was obviously not good value. I'll agree wholeheartedly that it wasn't in hindsight though.
People here love to post about how obvious past events were. Some people do it pretty much every day, and provide endless charts to demonstrate how obvious it is. Of course if they attempt any actual predictions, they're wrong. Well, not wrong all the time, just the amount that you would expect from random guesses.

It's uncanny!

LOL just like we don't know how true it is when people say "just bought another 20 shares" in this thread, right?
nope the folks here buying n shares and DCA have nothing to gain by it ... "chicken boy" on the other hand...

and 20 shares 3 years ago is now 300 shares today .... so yeah i believe it when TMC members post share count purchases or sales for that matter

Last edited:
I think this is signficant enough to report. I've been following the FSDBeta tracker, specifically for progress in reduction of critical interventions.

The % of drives without a critical intervention has been going up pretty steadily across software versions (now at 93%).

With the most recent version, there has been a huge increase in miles per disengagement, about doubling.

This is quite signficant progress. Not robotaxi level, but if we can see % drives w/o critical disengagement get around 99% and miles / critical disengagement get to say ~ 500 miles / dis I would think that is good enough to deploy fleetwide as a L2 system.

Maybe a few more iterations to get there?

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 1.54.47 PM.png