Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Imagine passengers getting out and leaving the doors open. Would the car just drive off like that? Not safely. And in the S3XY lineup, only the Model X has auto-closing doors. So unless 3/Y get autodoor retrofits, don't count on them being the driverless robotaxi fleet of the future.
All Tesla need to do is continue charging the customer until they have left vehicle and all doors are closed. They can easily send alerts through the app accordingly if they leave car in a state that is not ready for the next customer.

I'm going to get margin called today....again.

Those bastages are going to get some more shares from me.

But I sold a rental house and when I get the proceeds I WILL plow it right back into Tesla.
The future is so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Who would have guessed TWTR would get TSLA investors margin called

You don't make a final offer without all finances lined up. That's why Elon would have sold prior to the final offer and he knows him wanting to buy twitter for the original price will tank the stock(which it did, 1M shares were sold off the second that announcement came in...and it wasn't him who sold).

One of you are wrong.

The brilliant engineer Elon who runs very successful disruptive companies, is the same dude that posts dumb stuff on Twitter.

Elon is building on hard work in earlier eras, his chances of success now are higher now than in 2019, and much higher than in 2010.

Those who boarded the train earlier had higher risk, but were rewarded accordingly. Personally I am happy to stay on board the train, but no one is forced to stay on board.

Elon's relationship with the left went off the rails when Fremont was closed due to Covid.

The Thai Soccer team sub rescue and Starlink in Ukraine are examples of Elon trying very hard to be constructive and to do the right thing, but unfortunately annoying a lot of people in the process. Just Elon being Elon.

If you are going to worry about the social media stumbles, you will not enjoy the ride. IMO the next "social media" stumble could occur at anytime.

You will notice a lot of critics call Elon a "Billionaire" that is no coincidence, they are predisposed to not like Billionaires. In reality the amount of money someone has had little relationship to whether or not they are a nice person, and being nice has little impact on whether or not they are successful.

So far, social media stumbles haven't prevented Elon from being successful.
Are you not worried about the Tesla brand? And sorry: Tweeting random ideas out on Twitter is hardly constructive. It’s lazy and attention getti
Gary still pumping for a deeper WS discount on TSLA stock this morning:

View attachment 865702
I question any fund manager who consistently pumps “super follower” info on Twitter. Next, he’ll be promoting a “no money down” seminar at the Hyatt.

My guess is that the RoboTaxi is simply a compact Model without steering wheel and pedals, perhaps with upgraded FSD hardware, and a different battery pack.

Or at least the RoboTaxi and the other compact Models are the same platform with s lot of common parts.

At a minimum I expect a factory which makes RoboTaxis to easily be able to make the other Models.
On the Q2 call Elon said it would have a flexible interior. I’m thinking it will look like a van. You could equip it with multiple rows of seats, or use the last row for luggage, or remove all rows to make a van-life van.

Wall Street is just dumb. After most positive earnings call that I can remember

Tesla we will sell every car we make and we will exceed 50% growth on production.
Tesla because we wont go nuts on costs for expedited delivery we will likely be just under 50% growth on deliveries.
Tesla we will get every single one of the incentives in the IRA
Tesla we are delivering Semi's starting this quarter
Tesla Giga Texas now at 2000 per week production
Tesla Giga Berlin been at over 2000 per week production since October 1
Tesla CyberTruck still on track for Mid 2023 launch.

Wall Street: Sell, Sell demand is collapsing.

Its OK we have a good amount of cash coming on the 1st. So either it skyrockets to irritate us or if it sticks around we can take advantage.

Oh also doesnt Wall Street understand that even with slowing economy and slowing car sales that will hit ICE cars much harder. Similar to during COVID slowdown. EV demand did not catch up to production and that will be the case even with an economic slowdown. ICE demand may crater and EVs will keep chugging along.

IIRC they re-tooled the Texas Y line from 4680 to 2170. I doubt they'll convert back to 4680 until the battery production rate exceeds the anticipated production line throughput. In the meantime they stockpile.

Elon confirmed some of the Model Y coming out of Texas are 4860. What you remember is that they added a 2170 line. They left the 4860 line intact and are using both.

All Tesla need to do is continue charging the customer until they have left vehicle and all doors are closed. They can easily send alerts through the app accordingly if they leave car in a state that is not ready for the next customer.

Doesn't feel like a robust-enough solution. If you don't discover the notification until you are far away, you're already screwed with overage charges. This is a crappy customer experience that should have been solved by the manufacturer. What if the passenger was drunk?

If the car is double-parked with the doors open, it just continues to sit there and block a perfectly good lane of traffic?

What sucks is that much of the 3/Y was designed with autonomous driving in mind (lack of binnacle, auto-returning stalks, etc), they didn't address the doors. I get that from a cost-reduction perspective, particularly during 2018-2019 production hell, but the fact that they never added that later indicates to me that 3/Y were never seriously considered to be robotaxi vehicles.

I guarantee that this upcoming dedicated robotaxi platform/car will have auto-closing doors. It's so fundamental.

And this from the elusive Zangler... still haven't said where he's getting his info, but this might be the reason the Giga Nevada folks are so secretive:
Screenshot_20221020-072008.png
Screenshot_20221020-072040.png

Doesn't feel like a robust-enough solution. If you don't discover the notification until you are far away, you're already screwed with overage charges. This is a crappy customer experience that should have been solved by the manufacturer. What if the passenger was drunk?

If the car is double-parked with the doors open, it just continues to sit there and block a perfectly good lane of traffic?

What sucks is that much of the 3/Y was designed with autonomous driving in mind (lack of binnacle, auto-returning stalks, etc), they didn't address the doors. I get that from a cost-reduction perspective, particularly during 2018-2019 production hell, but the fact that they never added that later indicates to me that 3/Y were never seriously considered to be robotaxi vehicles.

I guarantee that this upcoming dedicated robotaxi platform/car will have auto-closing doors. It's so fundamental.
Do Cruise and Waymo have autoclosing doors ?

Wall Street is just dumb. After most positive earnings call that I can remember

Tesla we will sell every car we make and we will exceed 50% growth on production.
Tesla because we wont go nuts on costs for expedited delivery we will likely be just under 50% growth on deliveries.
Tesla we will get every single one of the incentives in the IRA
Tesla we are delivering Semi's starting this quarter
Tesla Giga Texas now at 2000 per week production
Tesla Giga Berlin been at over 2000 per week production since October 1
Tesla CyberTruck still on track for Mid 2023 launch.

Wall Street: Sell, Sell demand is collapsing.

Its OK we have a good amount of cash coming on the 1st. So either it skyrockets to irritate us or if it sticks around we can take advantage.

Oh also doesnt Wall Street understand that even with slowing economy and slowing car sales that will hit ICE cars much harder. Similar to during COVID slowdown. EV demand did not catch up to production and that will be the case even with an economic slowdown. ICE demand may crater and EVs will keep chugging along.
1) To Wall Street cars are cars.
2) The lower they can push the price, the more cheap shares they can steal from those who use margin or have stop loss set.