Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I've mentally gone through the alphabet and a few numbers, I find myself leaning towards the Model i. Gotta be lower case. Then a listing of the non truck vehicles could be iS3XY or S3XYi...
Kinda fits, whaddya think?
2S3XY just fits...

International appeal. We just need a Right Said Fred remake with the new model (maybe it can do some turns on the catwalk). 😁

Surely you’re not serious - suddenly putting 25% - 50% of Tesla’s cash and cash equivalents (per their Q3 deck) towards an immediate stock buyback directly from Musk should not even be in the realm of consideration by the BoD.

Shirley, I am serious. Treasury shares are BETTER than cash -- no losses from inflation, and convertible to cash as needed in just 2 business days.

Perhaps you mistake purchasing TSLA shares for an Expense? It is not. Those shares are an Asset, and the most highly liquid asset on the NASDAQ. You can't even cash a Gov't bond that fast.

Current consensus 2022 Earnings estimate is $4.08 GAAP. Given Q1 of $1.07, Q2 of $0.76 and Q3 of $1.05 that would imply a $1.20 for Q4, a 14% increase over Q3.

Consensus 2023 Earnings estimate is $5.99. Ignoring fluctuations this implies a Q/Q increase of ~9% so lets say $1.31, $1.43, $1.55 and $1.70.

So unless we see a big beat in Q4 the analysts may not move their models much for 2023.

Maybe if Texas and Berlin production really kick in towards the end of the quarter and analysts need to update their 2023 production and delivery numbers.

Current consensus 2022 Earnings estimate is $4.08 GAAP. Given Q1 of $1.07, Q2 of $0.76 and Q3 of $1.05 that would imply a $1.20 for Q4, a 14% increase over Q3.

Consensus 2023 Earnings estimate is $5.99. Ignoring fluctuations this implies a Q/Q increase of ~9% so lets say $1.31, $1.43, $1.55 and $1.70.

So unless we see a big beat in Q4 the analysts may not move their models much for 2023.

Maybe if Texas and Berlin production really kick in towards the end of the quarter and analysts need to update their 2023 production and delivery numbers.
Tesla just needs one damn quarter of production going smoothly and they’ll beat EPS estimates by an astonishing amount. It’s been nearly a year since Tesla has had a “smooth” quarter for production.

A 14% increase from an increase of at least 80k is quite silly. The math literally doesn’t add up. If Tesla actually delivers over 450k, then you’re talking way past $1.20 EPS

Have we all agreed on the third vehicle platform is going’s to be a Cyber Hatchback?

To me that makes all the sense, it’s going to be the platform for RoboTaxi, dent/rust resistant stainless steel chassis will make running cost low too.

If that’s not the solution, how the hell you could build it twice as fast as a Model 3 with half the factory footprint?

It doesn’t have to be all flat panels though.
SpaceX had figured out how to cold roll steel sheets into starship nose cone with complex contours. They could apply that and place curved panels where matters the most for aerodynamic.

Eager to see what are the first vehicles based off the platform and whether all new GFs will be tailored for that going forward.

But anyways not expecting it to release any time soon, since design team had just got off CyberTruck project and they probably need to build new factories for it.

3 years maybe?

Last edited:
Have we all agreed on the third vehicle platform is going’s to be a Cyber Hatchback?

To me that makes all the sense, it’s going to be the platform for RoboTaxi, dent/rust resistant stainless steel chassis will make running cost low too.

If that’s not the solution, how the hell you could build it twice as fast as a Model 3 with half the factory footprint?

It doesn’t have to be all flat panels though.
SpaceX had figured out how to cold roll steel sheets into starship nose cone with complex contours. They could apply that and place curved panels where matters the most for aerodynamic.

Eager to see what are the first vehicles based off the platform and whether all new GFs will be tailored for that going forward.

But anyways not expecting it to release any time soon, since design team had just got off CyberTruck project and they probably need to build new factories for it.

3 years maybe?
I think we need a separate thread for speculation on the Gen 3 platform, or perhaps do it in the Engineering thread.

Timing wise I think I saw the following posted somewhere:-
  • Reveal 2023
  • Production start 2024
Seems to me Tesla has been quietly working on this project since before Battery Day and they probably wants to compress the timeframe between public knowledge of the product and production start, to minimise any Osborne effect.

I will look for the post of the timeframe, and if I find it post a link here.

This is the post with the timeframe:- Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

Indeed, as Elon said during the earnings call of Q1 2022:
So, I think we want to hold up on -- we don’t want to jump the gun on an exciting product announcement too much. So, I think, we’ll aim to -- we do a product event for robotaxi next year and get into more detail, but we are aiming for volume production in 2024.

Last edited:
Dirt cheap, board members should step in and buy.
insiders buy for only one reason.
Don't know if you missed it, but Tesla board members only sell, not only that, to the best of my ability I cannot see what value they add to the company. Are they out there fighting the FUD? Do we see them continuously in the media backup-up the Tesla story and fundamentals? Are they guiding Elon on how to sell his TSLA without impacting the stock price? Are they doing anything at all, other than cashing in $millions on a regular basis?

If anyone has any insight on their added value, I'd be happy to hear it, because they look like a bunch of freeloaders to me

Last edited:
New colors from Giga Berlin coming, finally:

Mulit-Coat Red swapped for new Midnight Cherry Red,
Midnight Silver changes to brighter Quicksilver.
They charge an additional 800 EUR for the new colors.

Forward Observing

Funny thing happened on the way to. . .

So, last evening we met a couple that we will be joining on a small tour in Portugal in about two days. After the typical introduction, I got a few more detailed questions and one answer was that I had taught computer science at a community college, after a career playing army. At which time the tall old geyser next to me says he is involved with AI. AI. . .

Keep in mind, I have an official tattoo on my back across my shoulders applied by god himself, that says “Kick Me.” I am the guy that all draft dodging cowards love to tell how they avoided, wet themselves, to not serve this country during world war III ~ oops, Vietnam conflict. Okay, back to the AI discussion. This distinguished gentleman after my comments, went on to tell me about his work, associated with the government. Cool, they are working on FSD tanks! Now I am excited and figuring it is about time; he feels safe now as I talk about my invloment with rockets, I burst out singing Rocket Man ~ okay, no way in hell. But he asks me about my take on Ukraine. . . Once we get off track enough, I bring him back to AI. Here we go. . . This clown, FUD creator, goes off on Elon when I mention the robot. He says, Tesla FSD is level 2, and you have to hold onto the steering wheel, and. . . Thank, my god, the captain lit the sign to leave the dining room. Otherwise, otherwise this Tasmanian Devil (all five feet three inches ~ I have lost three inches since my prime) was about to go into FSD attack mode!

Okay, okay, time to cool my jets. We cannot dock today due to the storm off the coast of Spain. Should be fun this afternoon tasting wine with all this rocking-an-rolling:mad:🤢🤮

I’ll keep an eye out for the ship loaded with an extra 20k Tesla’s.

Cheers TSLA! I can feel the iWind (My version/technical analysis of TSLA ~ going green)

Could be Elon has been persuaded to bring forward Gigafactory construction, so that we will hear about several new ones soon.

The best time to add capacity is during a recession, then when the recession ends you are able to take full advantage of a growing economy while your competitors are stuggling to rebuild capacity they mothballed during the recession.