Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if you tediously take those bubble charts and put in spreadsheet you can get a nice pie chart, (and do some of us love pie!)
View attachment 867715
View attachment 867716

Nice! A proper way to graphically represent the data (not that the data is accurate).

It's as if the original graphic using the bubbles was an attempt to turn Tesla's strengths into perceived weaknesses by making it look like Tesla was trying to bite off more than they could chew and the huge investments required might sink the ship. I immediately noticed how the Tesla bubbles were outsized for the space provided, an obvious over-reach by an over-ambitious but unrealistic company.

The way Tesla is attacked is not as sly as the detractors think, it's so obvious it highlights the absurdity of it and makes people want to buy in the face of ridiculous FUD.

Is it correct that Toyota is nowhere to be found on those charts? What a change. Newcomer Tesla is the world's largest carmaker and Toyota isn't even getting its own name (hidden somewhere in "others")
it was a _very_ quick and dirty and just used the bubble charts of ones that had numbers.
also, between that post and the 6-10 pages, there is some contention about the validity of the numbers, like Tesla should be 6 terawatt not 3 terawatt, and some "fluidity" in things.
i just liked the pie chart since it was confirmation that Tesla, _even_ with 7 more years competition is _forecast_ to be over 50% at a minima, i expect they will "redshift" further past the competition, like "Sleeper Service", tho perhaps not at 233,500 x C.
(an allusion to "Excession" by Iain M Banks)

GM blames its supplier, "Magna International".

You would think GM would be a great 'assembler' with over 100 years of experience assembling all of the supplier components, but then this...

This isn't the only water-related problem for the GMC Hummer. The automaker had to issue a technical service bulletin earlier this year related to water getting into the A-pillar and subsequently shorting out various electrical connections. For a vehicle often pictured in ads and press material fording streams and other small bodies of water, this isn't a great look.

At what point do we flip Gamma positive and have a small Gamma Squeeze?
Yesterday at the $220+ close we flipped for this week.

Looking at open interest and volume for this week and next - if we breach $240 then we have runway to $260 with Gamma and short covering from open positions.

If we see some form 4's tonight from Monday (Elon selling) that may give shorts a break or may increase the run since Twitter overhang is gone very quickly and they may try to pile out the door.

Any additional data I'm missing?

It is indeed snowing a lot here, but since it is normal you won't get any disruptions. Everything is set up for it and only the occasional major snowstorm will cause temporary issues.

The language thing can be a nuisance for small businesses, but large corporations can handle it, Tesla already has a foothold as a corporation in Quebec servicing its cars that are selling like crazy here, like so many other places.

I personally would be very surprised to see a Gigafactory in Quebec, as car manufacturing is more an Ontario thing with several major car factories operating there along with its associated industrial ecosystem, versus none at all in Quebec. However, politically the Quebec's Provincial government is 100% behind Tesla's mission while Ontario's is actively sabotaging it so anything is possible.
Informative - thanks.

After 2-click 'research' I am not surprised. Doug is on the right.

2400.jpg

GM blames its supplier, "Magna International".

You would think GM would be a great 'assembler' with over 100 years of experience assembling all of the supplier components, but then this...
Wow, I hadn't seen the crazy mess of spaghetti welding image until just now. For context: This is where the A-pillar (structural thing that holds the top of the car to the chassis at the sides of the front windshield) and all the red arrows are where water is getting in.

Gee, I wonder how this is going to perform in a crash? Sealing this area from water intrusion is the least of their problems.

Screenshot 2022-10-26 7.54.30 AM.png

At what point do we flip Gamma positive and have a small Gamma Squeeze?
Yesterday at the $220+ close we flipped for this week.

Looking at open interest and volume for this week and next - if we breach $240 then we have runway to $260 with Gamma and short covering from open positions.

If we see some form 4's tonight from Monday (Elon selling) that may give shorts a break or may increase the run since Twitter overhang is gone very quickly and they may try to pile out the door.

Any additional data I'm missing?
In response to additional data missing, (not for you, but for anyone else): Every tesla made is all ready sold, so investors are buying a revenue stream. Investors should be asking if battery grade Li mining is profitable, why is not tesla doing it?

I personally would be very surprised to see a Gigafactory in Quebec, as car manufacturing is more an Ontario thing with several major car factories operating there along with its associated industrial ecosystem, versus none at all in Quebec. However, politically the Quebec's Provincial government is 100% behind Tesla's mission while Ontario's is actively sabotaging it so anything is possible.

I would agree, and would also be very shocked if Tesla setup anything in Quebec vs Ontario.

In terms of the politics on environment - not sure if Elon cares as he did pick Texas for the new HQ / Factory where he isn't even allowed to sell the cars. Similiar to Texas, I think he would face far less hurdles setting up in Ontario vs Quebec.

Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford and Stellantis along with their parts suppliers are all already in Ontario.

Maybe they are looking at mining in Quebec?

Pretty sure the $334 a week includes insurance and maintenance so that's something
I guess I should chime in on this topic since I have first hand knowledge, having rented one for a month after my 2018 got totaled in June.

The $334 does include insurance and maintenance, but it's about $30/week extra to cover the windshield and tires and another $60 for a LR if I remember correctly. It adds up (doesn't it always!)

Overall, no, unless you got an absolute lemon new it makes far more sense to buy one yourself. I thought about renting one until my '22 M3P came but when the delivery got pushed back into September I gave up my $250 deposit (you're all welcome! :p ) and went with a '19 M3P from Tesla with FSD already installed.

One thing I took away from the experience was I was pretty impressed with the SR Model 3. I could make it work with supercharging even though driving 1000 miles a week. The different battery chemistry and being able to be more casual about your charging regimen I think is a big plus for the average EV owner. Feels like any other Tesla unless you floor it- it's not slow I'm just spoiled! It's definitely the best value in Tesla's fleet, and anybody who can do math will quickly realize the benefit over all but the least expensive ICE cars if you drive a lot.