Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to the article, the employees and technology are being absorbed by Ford and VW. The article implies that Argo is doing great and that its technology is almost ready for prime time.
The technology does not seem almost ready for prime-time based on my read. Consider, from the article:

-Ford noted that Argo was unable to attract new investors.
-Argo AI employees were told that some people would receive offers from the two automakers
-(Ford will) shift its resources to developing advanced driver assistance systems, and not autonomous vehicle technology
-(Ford thinks) large-scale profitable commercialization of Level 4 advanced driver assistance systems will be further out than originally anticipated,

The payoff for robotaxi/level 4 or 5 autonomy is huge. The fact that no investor will put money into the company, that only SOME of the employees will be transferred and Ford giving up on a huge and massively lucrative market in favor of ADAS screams FAILURE to me.

I am seeing the DOJ article B.S. in multiple places now. A swear, if I hear mention of it on the national Nightly News tonight I'm going to lose it. They are doing everything they can to stop the Twitter deal news from raising the SP....
Yep. Total FUD. Do these quotes from Reuters article titled "Exclusive-Tesla faces U.S. criminal probe over self-driving claims-sources" do it justice?

The Justice Department’s Autopilot probe is far from recommending any action partly because it is competing with two other DOJ investigations involving Tesla, one of the sources said.

The Justice Department may also face challenges in building its case, said the sources, because of Tesla’s warnings about overreliance on Autopilot.

However, the company also has explicitly warned drivers that they must keep their hands on the wheel and maintain control of their vehicles while using Autopilot.

Such warnings could complicate any case the Justice Department might wish to bring, the sources said.

😂

Last edited:
The technology does not seem almost ready for prime-time based on my read. Consider, from the article:

-Argo AI employees were told that some people would receive offers from the two automakers
-(Ford will) shift its resources to developing advanced driver assistance systems, and not autonomous vehicle technology
-(Ford thinks) large-scale profitable commercialization of Level 4 advanced driver assistance systems will be further out than originally anticipated,

The payoff for robotaxi/level 4 or 5 autonomy is huge. The fact that no investor will put money into the company, that only SOME of the employees will be transferred and Ford giving up on a huge and massively lucrative market in favor of ADAS screams FAILURE to me.
I’m so confused by all of this. I thought Ford was a costumer of Mobileye.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Ford down -0.08% in AH...

• Ford Motor recorded a net loss of $827 million during the third quarter.
  • The automaker narrowly beat Wall Street's subdued expectations for the period and guided to the lowest end of its previously forecasted earnings for the year.
  • Ford attributed the lower-than-expected results to parts shortages affecting 40,000 to 50,000 vehicles as well as an extra $1 billion in unexpected supplier costs.
🤣

FYI, on my new blog I just put out the third article.

I've spent all week furiously working on this one. My ambition was to make this literally the internet's best comparison of Tesla to the other trillion-dollar companies so that people will share this with everyone they know. Time will tell if I succeeded. Still free and always will be. The main goal is to get the word out.

I'm determining whether to be on this forum (or not) from here on out based on if I'm helpful.

Am I still helpful on the TSLA Investor Forum? Thanks in advance.
most of the time I never read who wrote what. I go back and look at who actually wrote something when it is a post of merit to me. I've read your name more often than most.

I was just a messenger. Reporting on the article and its stupid implications at the end that Argo was somehow killing it.

As a commentor, I will state that this is a FAIL for FORD and all ARGO investors.

I'm determining whether to be on this forum (or not) from here on out based on if I'm helpful.

Am I still helpful on the TSLA Investor Forum? Thanks in advance.
Don't overthink it, we are all here for our TSLA investments and for the mission (I hope). Everyone contributes in their own way, whether it be Breaking news, new info, dumb tweets/memes, and just good old fun.

Don't overthink it, we are all here for our TSLA investments and for the mission (I hope). Everyone contributes in their own way, whether it be Breaking news, new info, dumb tweets/memes, and just good old fun.

Tbh, I'm starting to onramp onto another field of investment and divesting out of TSLA over the next years or so in some way. Partly, it's about focus and, also, partly about just paying it forward to those that are just beginning or in the middle of their journey with TSLA. Thanks!

Tbh, I'm starting to onramp onto another field of investment and divesting out of TSLA over the next years or so in some way. Partly, it's about focus and, also, partly about just paying it forward to those that are just beginning or in the middle of their journey with TSLA. Thanks!
Everyone has their own timeline/risk appetite. Good luck in your future endeavors, you are always welcome back to the TSLA degenerates club (I mean TMC) :)

Spot on, love this post. The "entitlement mentality" (for lack of a better term) has spilled over into the white-collar workforce so much it's painful.

Ironic that she's posting it on TikTok too, not FB. Says a lot about the platform.
Sounds like my neighbors friends. They went to his house to get something and could not get in because they both forgot the 4 digit garage code and both of their phones died on the way over. They rang my bell asking if they could charge at my house while they wait for their friends return. I told them no problem, I opened my garage door, threw out an extension cord and closed the garage door. I think they expected TV and snacks, no kidding.

I worked at a Dot bomb and have plenty experience with the entitled and "I must have a tent in my office" crowd although it was tamer then. I had to loan by CEO boss money to pay rent because he blew it all on strip clubs and raves. I have also fully educated my Google neighbor that taking out the trash is not a big accomplishment worthy of a gold star. Never knew I would be such a good parent without having any kids.

My Niece and Nephew are in their 20's and raised by an Eastern Euro mom, they have none of these attributes and they are hard workers and quite successful even after being raised in LA beach towns full of spoiled kids.

My neighbor now owns shares of Tesla and no longer "hates" Elon. I deserve a gold star and boba tea as good surrogate parent and financial advisor.

Ford down -0.08% in AH...

• Ford Motor recorded a net loss of $827 million during the third quarter.
  • The automaker narrowly beat Wall Street's subdued expectations for the period and guided to the lowest end of its previously forecasted earnings for the year.
  • Ford attributed the lower-than-expected results to parts shortages affecting 40,000 to 50,000 vehicles as well as an extra $1 billion in unexpected supplier costs.
🤣
Wow. Waiting for the Accountant to show F's auto margins without income from Ford Financial.... 👀

Sounds like it is being shut down. What’s plan B for Ford?
I'll have a Teslaquila shot to pay tribute for one of the leaders in autonomous driving. It will be missed...

11oa9ranr7w91.jpg