Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously. How can this many investors be this bad at math?

I think the lackluster performance of TSLA relative to the macros has less to do with people being bad at math and much more to do with the MM's controlling the stock for the sake of options. TSLA is obviously a very controlled stock relative to other stocks, almost every macro up day shows this repeatedly. Until we get more regular volume into TSLA I don't think this behavior will change much.

Eventually though it will change. Who knows when, but it will.

Everybody shocked that the SP went down must not be accounting for the Giga Berlin expansion news... more cars built means more cars dumped in the ocean. Obviously, this is terrible news for investors.

Today we’re a solar stock. :rolleyes:

But not yesterday when the sector was up big.
ENPH reported great earnings and was up big. Today it's a bit of a sell the news/payback sell-off.

I'm also feeling a bit of sell the news going on with Tesla, that along with a healthy dose of shorting and MM manipulation. If you look at volume on the 220 strike puts for today it's up to around 58,000 compared with OI of just 18000. These 220 Puts were trading at a dollar after open but spiked up to 4.5 during the mandatory morning dip. Hopefully a lot of these Puts get closed out soon so we can start climbing again after 10.30am when the MMD is usually over.

Everybody shocked that the SP went down must not be accounting for the Giga Berlin expansion news... more cars built means more cars dumped in the ocean. Obviously, this is terrible news for investors.

Oh, I forgot the other terrible news... Tesla is going bankrupt and is desperate for cash, so they raised prices in Denmark in the hopes that customers wouldn't notice they're paying more:

Oh, I forgot the other terrible news... Tesla is going bankrupt and is desperate for cash, so they raised prices in Denmark in the hopes that customers wouldn't notice they're paying more:

I like this explanation:

Tesla is going bankrupt and is desperate for cash, so they raised prices in Denmark in the hopes that customers wouldn't notice they're paying more:
Tesla is going bankrupt and is desperate for cash, so they lowered prices in China in the hopes that customers would buy more car instead of dumping them into ocean

gallery_9043_204_81482.png

Tesla, Inc. is not a kingdom, and Elon is not King. The Board of Director's nominates the CEO, and the shareholders of the company vote to approve or disapprove the appointment. Elon could no more "appoint a successor" than the President of the United States can appoint theirs. Its NOT THE PLACE of the CEO to appoint a sucessor.
You're forgetting that a successful CEO does typically nominate the successor, since the CEO almost always is on the BOD, and often is also Chairman. It requires a failed CEO to lose that ability. Whether shareholders do or do not have a vote is also depending on the specific Corporate bylaws.

For Tesla it would be vanishingly unlikely for Elon not to have control over his successor. Just look at the votes of Elon, his family and very early investors.

Last edited:
Today is a VERY strong Macro day. Massively green. TSLA should be up 2-4%

I'm vegetarian, but I will eat a F'ing hot dog next week if Elon didn't sell. 🤮

There is no was this is just MM trying to profit from Put options.
I have some really good vegetarian hot dogs I can mail you a package if needed. (I have no idea if you will need them or not but I'm just offering)

Attachments

• 1666968947731303633771835035588.jpg
    1666968947731303633771835035588.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 53
Elon selling. Elon buying. Elon, please stop day-trading and get back to work. You have like 5 jobs.
Very funny. But instead of being up 4% we were down around 4%? (I didn't notice the bottom). So an 8% drop from what we should have been on no news (other than the positive news that Twitter is done).

Next week I will either gloat, or eat a Hot Dog and bloat....