Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Compare mission statements.

We strive to offer our customers the lowest possible prices, the best available selection, and the utmost convenience.”

to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.”

Although I think Tesla's mission statement is now better described as “to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable humanity.”
Optimus really blurs their whole mission. It doesn't really relate to "Energy" at all. Sort of feels like they got so far down the AI hole they felt it was a logical end point regardless of the mission.

I wonder if coming up with a consistent focus is why Musk's Master Plan 3 has been delayed.

It's funny, a lot of people assume Bezos and Musk are the same.

Personally, I think they are near opposites. Bezos seems very much like a dilettante. He dabbles in a lot of things but doesn't seem to have a deep understanding in many of them. Musk on the other hand develops a deep understanding of all of the businesses he engages in. He may not understand battery chemistry or AI as well as his better engineers, but he clearly understands it well enough to talk to them and make intelligent choices. Likewise rocketry and manufacturing. And often the pieces where there doesn't seem to be any great experts to put in charge, he seems to become the expert until someone else learns to take his place.

Bezos is the billionaire who dabbles in a lot of things that interest him.

Musk is the engineer who has enough money to engage in a lot of projects which he can explore.

Subtle but important difference.

Musk is a maker, and Bezos is a middle-man.

Optimus really blurs their whole mission. It doesn't really relate to "Energy" at all. Sort of feels like they got so far down the AI hole they felt it was a logical end point regardless of the mission.

I wonder if coming up with a consistent focus is why Musk's Master Plan 3 has been delayed.
I have often thought the same relative to Optimus. It's a bit of a creative rationalization to fit it in with the mission. I'm not suggesting it's not possible, only that my limited brain hasn't been able to reconcile it yet.

For many it appears the only cost is the cost of the paper for the press release.
Will be interesting to see if somehow they can convince (pretty press releases) people in >$2.5T for next year! 😎
Do write-downs and operating loses count here? Because I foresee a lot of that in the coming years.

Wouldn't it be fun, if Elon's old tweet "considering to take Tesla private at $420" suddenly re-surfaced as new tweet and broke the MSM / shorts ?
Then Elon could come out (few days later) and say, sorry, goofed up some software tweek, its not new tweet just the same old.

You know, how the MSM posts baseless FUD / fake news time to time and then removes it later when the damage is done...

Compare mission statements.

We strive to offer our customers the lowest possible prices, the best available selection, and the utmost convenience.”

to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.”

Although I think Tesla's mission statement is now better described as “to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable humanity through Twitter.”
FIFY. ;)

I definitely think that Tesla is extremely undervalued. It’s just that it’s clear to me that when I talk to other people they think Tesla is just a car company and is extremely over valued. We can say how Tesla is growing way faster than any other big market cap company and will continue this growth for a long time. The issue is others see this 50% growth right now but they don’t believe that will continue. They think once Tesla’s earnings are as big as Googles or Apples then it becomes much harder to grow.

I think this is why we see Tesla valued at where it is right now. It might even take a few more years for Tesla to prove to others that they can continue this 50% growth well into the future. People are just reasoning by analogy at this point.

' advertisement is content'

full