Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whilst I find the whole colony on Mars thing immensely interesting as an engineering challenge, I just don't really get it. The place is dead and can only sustain life lived in a sealed bubble. You can't terraform it either as its in the wrong place, and it has no active core so any atmosphere you did create will just drift off and it'll end up back as a dead planet! Happy to be told why I'm really wrong on that one, maybe via pm as this is off topic!

Hence the need for Tesla bot to drive the labor input of industry down as close to zero as possible.

A Mars colony will be 99% robots supporting the domed humans who maintain them.

I know this might be crazy, but back in the before times you could like, respect, or be friends with a person without having to agree or endorse everything they’ve ever done. People hired dentists and plumbers who did the best job and not the closest voting record... It was madness
Times are different now. It sucks but it is what it is.

Reactions: navguy12
I really hope that @TheTalkingMule is ok. Does anyone know him in real life that can provide a little info? Even if it's just a "he's alive, but busy with something", I think that'd make me feel much better.

Click on a person's user name and you will immediately see their last activity on TMC. In his case it says: 'Last seen Yesterday at 11:07 PM'. So unless he got hit by a bus since then he's probaby just fine.

Maybe he thinks there's too much Twitter talk here. I might be the one who opened that can of worms yesterday. I'm closing it now!

Click on a person's user name and you will immediately see their last activity on TMC. In his case it says: 'Last seen Yesterday at 11:07 PM'. So unless he got hit by a bus since then he's probaby just fine.

Maybe he thinks there's too much Twitter talk here. I may have opened that can of worms yesterday. I'm closing it now!

Thank you! Feel free to delete this post and my previous if you feel they are clogging up the thread.

Maybe as a mod you can see that, but we can't. All we can see is his last activity/post of 10/20/22 if we dig further in to the profile.

1667313825909.png

Reactions: Boomer19
Whilst I find the whole colony on Mars thing immensely interesting as an engineering challenge, I just don't really get it. The place is dead and can only sustain life lived in a sealed bubble. You can't terraform it either as its in the wrong place, and it has no active core so any atmosphere you did create will just drift off and it'll end up back as a dead planet! Happy to be told why I'm really wrong on that one, maybe via pm as this is off topic!
You have to start somewhere.

ANYONE that thinks FSD won't happen needs to watch a Falcon Heavy launch AND landing.

Would have taken NASA 20 more years to hit that level.
Rather, NASA would never attempt hitting that level. SpaceX exudes technical competence and ambition. Tesla has been getting there lately, but for a long time was suffering from the fact that Musk wasn't at the helm for several years early on.

I believe it's useful information for everyone. It could be that I can see more as a mod, but as @JRP3 points out everyone should be able to see the last activity by hovering over a user name.
Interesting. I see the same thing for the mule if I hover as I posted. (no last seen) But if I hover over most other users I do see it. So I assume that the mule has set his privacy options so that we can't see that. (But you as a mod still can.)

Agreed. Without A/B testing or far more data than we’ll ever actually have, we only know the outcome of what *did* happen, not the outcome of what might have been. Perhaps without controversial tweets TSLA would be higher right now, or perhaps TSLA might be lower, or perhaps virtually the same. Here’s hoping for no controversial tweets before tomorrow and a +$10 share jump, which again won’t prove anything but would be both refreshingly relaxing and highly profitable. :)
No controversial tweets overnight and opened +$10 share jump. Again, definitely proves *nothing*, except perhaps that I do know what is “refreshingly relaxing and highly profitable” for me. 🤣

Now as to the share price after the open…

Reactions: navguy12
Anyone have previous 1st month of Q numbers handy for China? Of course people are claiming the numbers show Chinese demand has crashed.
Even if you had them, it wouldn't tell you anything.

I've said it a thousand times, I'll say it again. You just can't gauge "demand" off of one month of numbers. Logistics and planned delivery destinations have a huge impact.