Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Live stream link to sign up and apparently you get a T-shirt mailed to you...

C4B139F0-66FA-46E1-BB31-4854FE65D0F8.gif

Looking forward to receive 🤠

It's not about time, production, or even revenues. It's all about the next earnings breakout. And you can hear the rumblings on the wind, in spite of the fog...
Didn't Tesla just post record earnings on Q3 and the market "rewarded" it by a sizeable drop in SP ?
I don't know what kind of hopium to believe anymore...

Last thing that actually fueled a rally was the Hertz purchase announcement -- which made zero sense as Tesla sells all cars they can produce anyway.

Didn't Tesla just post record earnings on Q3 and the market "rewarded" it by a sizeable drop in SP ?
I don't know what kind of hopium to believe anymore...

Last thing that actually fueled a rally was the Hertz purchase announcement -- which made zero sense as Tesla sells all cars they can produce anyway.
Q3 earnings didn’t really beat expectations by that much at all and in some ways, gave “substance” to the bear narrative that margins across the board have peaked…..since they failed to reach Q1’s margins in every aspect.

Obviously if you understand Tesla and the way they do production ramps (and actually paid attention during the earnings calls), then you know that if it hadn’t been for Berlin/Austin, margins would have roughly been in line with Q1. Operating margins were further hit from Shanghai downtime.

But you know…..and I know, the numbers won’t be reported that way. That’s why there was a drop after Q3 earnings and why Q4 earnings will fundamentally close the door on that peak margin/profit narrative…….if we can get one quarter without any downtime out of Shanghai

As an investor who has been around a while, I would welcome the return of 10% tax free minis. Also, I have some faint hope that Tesla will be mirroring the market for a while and the manipulators will move on. Let earnings drive the price and exuberance fade. Where I live, Musk is not well known and Twitter something a bird does. Yet Teslas are everywhere. $4.00 + gas spoke louder than anything. I’m a conservative and I have driven Teslas for 6+ years. Make what you want of that.

Today alone MAANG+MS have lost $223B in market capitalization (almost a quarter of a trillion dollars). Google is next be kicked out of the trillion dollar club, by Monday if their trend continues, leaving only Apple, Saudi Aramco and Microsoft.

Tesla breaking the trend with a modest $1B gain today. Yay! Surely more of the MAANG+MS withdrawn should be going into Tesla. Capital sitting on the sidelines waiting........for an entry point.......or two.

There was a TMC poster who occationally would provide multi-year coloured graphs showing market cap including MAANG+MS + Saudi Aramco + OEMs + upstarts Lucid & Rivian + Tesla. I can't recall whom the poster was, would be interesting to see a current graph with this information comparison.

Tesla breaking the trend with a modest $1B gain today. Yay! Surely more of the MAANG+MS withdrawn should be going into Tesla. Capital sitting on the sidelines waiting........for an entry point.......or two.

It's a breathtaking amount of capital on the sidelines. A few months ago I heard 5T in cash from investors just waiting to see a bottom (thanks JP for crushing hope there). It has to be above that level now.