Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Norway is the third country increasing taxes next year. 25% on the part of the car costing more than about $50,000 - or $20,000 more for my Plaid. All Model Y variants will be affected by this costing from about $51,900 and up.

Edit: Germany is obviously a larger market than Denmark and Norway. And it cost less to transport cars to German customers. So I expect they will have priority for German made cars. S/X/3 and MIC Y may follow a different logic.

Last edited:
Listened to it to understand why he thinks rates are headed to >6%, IMO the argument is flawed and based on seemingly odd speculation about middle class millennials, in all countries except the US, where these gov's can't raise rates as they have little to no demand and thus the Fed will raise rates higher than it otherwise would if this wasn't happening...

I think rate hikes stop at 4.5% around mid-next year, when GDP has totally gone south (and I think last quarter GDP was propped up by high inventories and increased federal/state spending, otherwise would have been flat to negative...). You'd think they'd slow their own spending to help bring down inflation. But that would be reasonable now wouldn't it?
At the first sight of unemployment, we will get congressional hearing where Jay Powell
gets interrogated. He will cave in under pressure is my prediction.

Will there be any discounts for EU/Berlin made cars that can compensate? ... less VAT, import taxes etc.? in Germany,, EU and Norway?

I have not heard anything. So I guess not. But there is still time if Tesla wants to.

Edit: Background: EVs have been free of VAT and other taxes for years in Norway. The new tax rule is for a VAT for the amount over ca. $50,000 and in addition there is a weight tax when you get your license plate of $1.25 per kg over 500 kgs. Apart from that Norway is a member of the EU inner market so no odd rules there. A simplified view says that Norway is a full member of the EU except for voting rights and some sovereign possibilities that we mostly don't use...

Last edited:
I'm guessing Elon goes on at 10:40am.

I'm kicking myself for not going down there for the in person event. I put money with them for SpaceX access.

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 9.18.44 AM.png

Last edited:
The legend speaks. 7x from here on TSLA. I believe he is not including FSD and Optimus possibilities.

Yes, excluding Robotaxi and Optimus, don’t think he specifically mentioned FSD. SP $600 by 2025. By 2030: $1500, $1T sales, $300B Op. Margin, 15x valuation = $4.5T. Well below Woods and Black, slightly below Maurer (if $1000 at 2030 is his latest number).

Something to think about; it’s going to be interesting seeing how other automakers fare in an environment of rising interest rates considering how debt dependent many of them are.

Many automakers, most especially the German ones had pretty poor FCF over the last decade and were pretty dependent on expanding debt at low interest rates to grow at all.

Ahh. Sorry. I registered last night. TeslaDaily had the link in their show notes.
PSA.

If you registered, be sure to actually login and stream something or attend in person, as they have a disclaimer about no-shows and banning from future registrations...