Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please explain

"Stock is too high" comment at the Baron conference is my guess. Anyways, hard to know if that's actually having an impact, but Elon is coming across as scattered, a bit desperate, and laser focused on Twitter right now (as far as the public eye goes). Some shareholders might just be fed up.

I know I am incredibly frustrated. $TSLA is being unfairly dragged through the mud and it sucks. What really pisses me off is I'm not really positioned to take much advantage of that fact (my fault!).

He is referring to Twitter, right?
He said "I rarely try to convince anyone to invest in TSLA. Umm....and...many times I've recommended people don't invest in Tesla, and I've said our stock is too high, uh, but then people just ignore me and keep buying the stock, for some reason."

He was talking in the past tense...and implying that in this case FSD is going to be a major catalyst to the stock.

(Although admittedly it doesn't sound like someone who cares much about the people who invest in his company.)

Here is Elon's tweet.

So much for the Twitter overhang disappearing. Implication is Twitter is losing so much money that Elon will have to sell TSLA shares to keep Twitter afloat.

Twitter had $4.5 billion income from advertisers in 2021. If all of them left -extremely unlikely - Elon would has to find that amount. He already wants to save a few billion by cutting the workforce and server costs, plus he is looking for alternatives revenue streams. In the worst case he $1.5 billion per year. That is chump change for him and if he has to sell shares to get that money it will hardly have an impact on the stock price.

It just seems to me that there is something of a perfect storm at the moment of negative sentiment - some towards Elon, some towards macro environment, some associated with the Twitter deal, and the opportunity is there to manipulate that negative sentiment. This has happened before, many times. I reacted to it in March of 2020 (talk about a storm) and sold some TSLA. I will never do that again.

He said "I rarely try to convince anyone to invest in TSLA. Umm....and...many times I've recommended people don't invest in Tesla, and I've said our stock is too high, uh, but then people just ignore me and keep buying the stock, for some reason."

He was talking in the past tense...and implying that in this case FSD is going to be a major catalyst to the stock.

(Although admittedly it doesn't sound like someone who cares much about the people who invest in his company.)

Thanks for the exact quote, but unfortunately the press isn't going to report it accurately and they will pretend he meant it in the present tense.

Anyone have a pirated video of the interview yet?

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Even though Elon appeared laid back talking with Ron on stage, he seems pretty stressed out. He looked really tired on stage and should be after just getting off a red-eye flight and admittedly not sleeping. Now he says he's going to go from 80 hours a week to 120. I really hope he's not taking Ambien to sleep and drinking Red bull to stay up. I know from experience just how much that can mess with your thinking, especially Ambien (or any sleeping aids for that matter) and he doesn't need that now or ever.
Just why? 🤦‍ You know, not every thought you have needs to be put into print.

Just why? 🤦‍ You know, not every thought you have needs to be put into print.
Yeah, but that's what you do when you are really tired. You can't think one step ahead, which is what Elon does 99% of the time, so you just say the first thing that comes in your head, and that is usually influenced by your limbic system since you are stressed and tired and halfway into flight or flight mode. I know Ron Baron has a million things on his own mind, but I wish in this case, he talked to Elon 5 minutes before and realized that Elon was in no shape to do such an interview.