Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Little over an hour left in the trading day and we're already past average daily volume. All major index appear green. My news feed only shows how Barron expects 7x from stock....Puzzling day for sure.

It seems like now might be a good time to add a new word to the lexicon. (anyone remember Sniglets?)

Fudvalanche

Definition: the steep decline of a chart when fear, uncertainty, and/or doubt are able to negatively impact a stock or a market,
despite all factual evidence to the contrary

Last edited:
I wonder what Ron Baron's thinking now. Good conference?
:D📉:oops:
or
Time to load up one last time?
After a two-year hiatus, Ron Baron's annual conference was renewed today. Since he is a Tesla and SpaceX investor on friendly terms with Elon Musk, he apparently felt it would be a coup to interview Elon. However, the timing was bad due to currently huge media attention on Elon's Twitter acquisition and related comments.

Too many people nowadays conflate Twitter with Tesla, even though they are separate companies: one private and the othe public. It also came at at time when Elon would've been stressed out, tired and perhaps not careful in his answers. Ron Baron might have been wiser to not have scheduled the interview.

Last edited:
Breaking News!!

After wading through the posts since stepping outside to get some offline stuff done it seemed appropriate for me to report how, while outside, I looked up :rolleyes: and, though it is overcast,

THE SKY IS NOT ACTUALLY FALLING

;)
I concur but someone is helping the mischief makers poke holes in the sky and where I live , it’s been raining nonstop since this am .

I made this case before but Elon is terrible at determining stock valuation. He actually thinks the stock is too high unless you are investing for full generalized autonomous cars and robotics which are both products that doesn't exist. He doesn't feel that Tesla deserves a valuation this large while those products are not done, but also feels like the valuation is not enough if those products are not only done but are cash flow positive.

Many people on twitter have been arguing with Elon back and forth about this, how just the current product line justifies the current valuation. Wallstreet heavily discounts disrupted industries while giving the disruptor a generous valuation. Happens all the time because Kodak/Nokia/Sears moments are real.
At a modest 5 million cars produced and sold per year at 15% plus net profit the valuation alone would be
enough to double todays price, without the benefit of FSD.
the rest is pure gravy…..

if we close up on the day I have to buy , as rejecting this breakdown is in of itself bullish.

I know that as a collective we don’t miss much, but a few days ago there was an article about Tesla and Glencore having talked about Tesla taking a stake in the company. I haven’t seen it being mentioned in this thread. The search function also doesn’t produce any results, so here it is:

I know that as a collective we don’t miss much, but a few days ago there was an article about Tesla and Glencore having talked about Tesla taking a stake in the company. I haven’t seen it being mentioned in this thread. The search function also doesn’t produce any results, so here it is:

Elon specifically denied this report today-

To continue your thought, if Elon adds additional funds then wouldn't he dilute the other private investors? More likely he'd offer them an opportunity to buy in equal to their ownership so they could avoid dilution. I'd suggest a non-zero number of the private investors would choose non-dilution and, therefore, it's not even $1.5B...
Yes, that's called a "rights issue."

Reactions: insaneoctane

If there weren't enough other reasons to stay away from this company - nothing more close than a LT contract for some of Glencore's output at best - their $314 million fine for bribery should suffice. They have a perpetual history of being bad players and, as far as I am concerned, are the poster child for the rapacious foreign investor in underdeveloped nations. Glencore ordered to pay millions over Africa oil bribes

Reactions: hobbes
9d37d9_634516.jpg

My feelings on TSLA today..