Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And that amid no significant Tesla news, with the market averages and legacy carmakers well up. Someone appears to have diverted the media's and public's attention to matters unrelated to Tesla, yet it's TSLA stock that's driven to a 17-month low. Tesla board members really need to stamp their feet down.
Yeah, it's great to see the Tesla board active during these difficult times, reassuring investors, getting out there and spreading the good news... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Tesla MIC Wholesale split was just published:
54,504 export (new record) and 17,200 local retail sales

Man Troy loves to hear himself talk.

Please state the obvious that everyone here has been stating for weeks and act like he somehow had the insight first 🙄

Btw, Rob should be posting the production numbers within a day since they come with the CPCA report now (for those that pay for the information like Rob does)

Things that TSLA needs to move up:
1. Certainty, not risk.
2. Demonstration (not announcements) of much higher battery availability: more products sold every quarter. Semi, Y, CT, mega packs. Just plain old demonstrate it is not an issue.
3. Clarity on development/investments: are they really going to mine and refine stuff at a potentially enormous start up cost/risk and potentially have that portion of the business with a lower ROI?
4. Political stability: world, China, US, Russia.
5. Collapse of entrenched old world order> EVERYTHING is enmeshed together with old ways, these have to DIE to change the vibe from what it is to a glorious hopeful future absent old interests pushing back in ways seen and unseen.
6. FSD: The man needs to get honest with updates. Changes are so incrementally meaningless or invisible. The release notes are gobbledy gook. They need to choose some known demonstrable problem and fix one each release. Raillroad track and other bumps in the road speed management? Railroad lights/gates? Stop trying to pass stopped school buses on dual solid lined roads while the school bus is stopped at rail tracks? When there is a brief turn lane on divided highway, stop getting in the so called "turn lane" only to move back over. Does it even recognize fire/police/first responders yet?
7. The message is not getting out to the general masses as to just how capable the car is as is with FSD limitations. Folks don't use what they have and still think charging is limited.
8. Yes, they need a better PR team with responses to media requests.
9. For years when waiting for model S or model 3 there were a big giant carrot sitting out front enticing investment. The roadmap and timeline was pretty clear. Now that carrot is harder to see, covered in mud.

It's a nice list mabmab but they need to do 6 before touching 7. The problem now is that many other car companies will have or already do have what Tesla offers with FSD. They need to shut up and put up and be honest, it is going to take hardware revisions. It is going to take some sensor enhancements. It's going to take 4 more years or X many years. I like the idea of solving problems that the beta users have identified in a clearly defined manner, that would help.

9- so true but then it all comes back to batteries. It's been about batteries from day 1 and it is still about batteries. Tesla made a major bet on the 4680 and that, not FSD, is what must get fixed first.

10- most importantly the board of Tesla needs to start doing their job. Most of this, 1,2, 3, 6, 8, 9 are things the board should have been all over. They've added nothing.

He's just alienating super left leaning early adopters. And I get it, you really have to be super progressive to drop 6 figures on a car with zero charging network, barely any service centers, unproven ability for company to stay alive, and having multi year wait. There are not too many folks in this category and I see people here supported him can't even fathom at the thought that Elon is voting Republican.
I don't buy that. I purchased in early 2013 because I could see that EVs were the correct answer. These last two years top Democratic politicians have done everything they could to vilify Elon. I've always voted Democrat, but the last two years have really made me disrespect the Democratic leaders.

If Elon succeeds in transforming Twitter into what he envisions--an antidote to disinformation about Tesla and everything else--it will further the mission. It will be better than a Tesla PR department because it will be self-funding and more effective.

Yes indeed, but even more than that, Twitter will most likely be integrated with the upcoming Tesla Network for Ride Share hailing. This means that if you want a ride, you need a blue check mark. There will be tight integration with payment systems, and this will drive demand.

People who question the value of Tesla programmers getting early access to the Twitter codebase don't understand how specs are written for large software projects. This early look is essential.

Clue #2 is when Tesla appointed one of the founders of AirBnB to the Board of Directors. This is the time when the broad outlines of the future business are being drawn, and you can't do that in a vacuum. You need air to breath!

Haha, and proves that Musk is selling more Teslas than ever to people you may or may not agree with?

I mean...Tesla is on the cusp of delivering almost as many cars in a Q than all of 2020...after buying twitter, after fighting with democrats, and after offering a horse to a non-existent flight attendant!
And where is the stock price?

This was posted in the twitter thread but I feel like it's another metric to counter all the "Tesla buyers are disappearing because everyone hates Musk" argument.

"Since Musk’s dramatic takeover, Twitter’s monetizable daily user (mDAU) growth has accelerated to more than 20 percent, while “Twitter’s largest market, the US, is growing even more quickly,”"

No mass exodus, just millions of people pouring in.

I heard on mainstream media radio back from work 2 days ago the host talking about a possible mass exodus to Mastodon because of Twitter now owned by Elon Musk. I’ve heard them report about how FSD cars are still far from reality and quoted a driver saying it drove like a 9 years old kid that you have to watch at all time. I mean I am used to FUD but this is Radio-Canada and this *sugar* is spread by people I pay the salary with my tax dollars. Journalist became just sensationalism and they never discuss how you are the product when you don’t pay and how you are the target of advertisers. Just the « another evil billionaire wants to make more money » again and again.

I don’t known if TSLA keeps dropping because of the fear Musk will sell to cover Twitter losses, if it’s the fear against Musk posting relentlessly on Twitter, the fear the top engineers at Tesla working on fixing Twitter like they have been working on FSD for years or just MMs doing their best to get the stock as low as possible to screw over the most market participants possible.

That's assuming that the US domestic production provisions in FIRA aren't gutted before then. Without those requirements, foreign companies will compete and slow down investment in domestic battery production.

Future U.S. battery production by 2028 depends on expanding the supply of minerals, not on building 20 new factories the size of Giga Nevada. Permitting and NIMBYism are gating elements as much as nickel, copper, and lithium.

It is a useless board
From the outsider's perspective yes, they do nothing other than cash-in share options on a regular basis

I said this a few weeks back and was accused of being "short sighted"

Yes, maybe they're doing a great job, and we're not aware, but would be great to see Robyn on CNBS pushing back against the FUD, for instance, or Kathleen Wilson Thompson doing something, anything would kinda be nice, other than just selling shares as soon as she gets them

I don't buy that. I purchased in early 2013 because I could see that EVs were the correct answer. These last two years top Democratic politicians have done everything they could to vilify Elon. I've always voted Democrat, but the last two years have really made me disrespect the Democratic leaders.

Left leaning centrist here, the Democrat party has completely 180ed from the optimism and hope of Obama.

Life has been a bit rough. A year of covid nonsense, then right after me and my siblings have had to deal with *both* of our parents getting cancer. SpaceX and Tesla have been huge white pills.

Throughout covid, watching SpaceX ‘rage against the dying of the light’ and build hoppers while the world shut down gave many hope. Tesla and SpaceX’s hard work inspires others to work hard.

The modern woke left on the other hand, are a giant black pill factory of crab bucket mentality, NIMBYism, degrowth, race and gender obsession, and honestly just overall misery. They have become sanctimonious pricks who can’t handle even minor disagreements. For whatever reason they torpedoed Andrew Yang twice to push people who have been dumpster fires.

So yes, I will side with the guy who makes the world better but sometimes says dumb things over the current cult of misanthropy the left has become.

The US left and Elon talking past each other seems like a failed date, where the couple just can't communicate, and don't understand each other.

The idea that Elon could be forced to toe a certain line by strident public criticism shows a total lack of understanding.

Throw mud at Elon, he will not back down, and will throw plenty back.

I like to think that Elon can be convinced by well reasoned polite arguments, but only once the temperature has been lowered.

Both parties have contributed and both are making it worse. It started with the UAW, the Covid shutdown of Fremont didn't help, and it was all down hill from there.

Attack Elon and a reaction usually happens, but often not the one you want.
Those that don't expect Elon to react are very optimistic.

I heard on mainstream media radio back from work 2 days ago the host talking about a possible mass exodus to Mastodon because of Twitter now owned by Elon Musk. I’ve heard them report about how FSD cars are still far from reality and quoted a driver saying it drove like a 9 years old kid that you have to watch at all time. I mean I am used to FUD but this is Radio-Canada and this *sugar* is spread by people I pay the salary with my tax dollars. Journalist became just sensationalism and they never discuss how you are the product when you don’t pay and how you are the target of advertisers. Just the « another evil billionaire wants to make more money » again and again.

I don’t known if TSLA keeps dropping because of the fear Musk will sell to cover Twitter losses, if it’s the fear against Musk posting relentlessly on Twitter, the fear the top engineers at Tesla working on fixing Twitter like they have been working on FSD for years or just MMs doing their best to get the stock as low as possible to screw over the most market participants possible.

It's also possible that the MSM /FUD machine as well as the banks are NOT happy about Elon's plans for Twitter - their normal response is to smash down the SP as much as possible, since so many people still misconstrue a company's success with its SP.

Now that Tesla doesn't really need external funding anymore (thanks, Li Keqiang for Giga Shanghai, first save from Wall St - now Berlin & Texas for more cash machines) what other maneuvers will the FUD army come up with ?

Up 800% since 2020.

It’s basically followed the NASDAQ with higher volatility for the last year.

07D00EC6-3AA2-4C5B-A5A9-C7976348EBC5.jpeg