Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Future U.S. battery production by 2028 depends on expanding the supply of minerals, not on building 20 new factories the size of Giga Nevada. Permitting and NIMBYism are gating elements as much as nickel, copper, and lithium.

Manchin’s permitting reform bill, which would have sped up the permitting process for green energy projects, failed because of “progressives”.

He’s gonna try to attach it to a defense bill. Make sure to tell your critters to support it.

Manchin is an oil and gas person.
Nope: coal, specifically gob:
This has been widely reported, not just the NYT.
The gob story is the core of Manchin’s fortune, supporting both his Maserati and his houseboat.

Nope: coal, specifically gob:
This has been widely reported, not just the NYT.
The gob story is the core of Manchin’s fortune, supporting both his Maserati and his houseboat.

Manchin’s permit reform bill would have been great for green energy though.

Right now it’s progressive NIMBYs who are the biggest obstacle to green energy. This is why Texas is completely dunking on California in terms of new installed capacity. They are almost always the ones stopping new mines for needed materials, stopping needed HVDC lines, and stopping the projects themselves.

Yep, I give up. Sorry @Gigapress, @The Accountant and others whose valuable posts get lost in a sea of posts about Twitter, jokes and politics.

Live long and prosper
🖖
I've been meaning to post something in appreciation of the thankless, but very necessary no-win job of the moderators.

Your efforts are very, very much appreciated.

Man Troy loves to hear himself talk.

Please state the obvious that everyone here has been stating for weeks and act like he somehow had the insight first 🙄

Btw, Rob should be posting the production numbers within a day since they come with the CPCA report now (for those that pay for the information like Rob does)

Franco's spreadsheet is tracking 13 ships so far. Q124 had 22 ships (just for reference)
Vedaprime has tracked 4 ship to AUS so far. (last year I don't think AUS was getting any love at all :) )
Mr Miserable thread is a good follow as well

Last edited:
..ramblings ...

Man chickengenius is starting to look like a genius .... :)

let hope those purposefully not participating in market, will get back in from tomorrow ... Not sure if there is such a think as letting market tank to make incumbent look bad based on your poltical leanings? ....

biggest joke will be if now CPI comes in cold after elections ....

.. I gave in yesterday and sold Jan 24 500-600 calls against all my shares ... bought 25 jan 25 250 leaps with the proceeds ... time will be the judge.

Last edited:
I look on Twitter and once loyal Elon fans are moving away from him in droves. This is getting scary. People cancelling orders and saying that their next car will not be a Tesla anymore.

This is getting bad very fast.
You (everyone) should look at Tiktok where I see lots of different vids on this topic with 10k + likes on how they hate Elon now. All because of a social media platform.

People - don't stick your head in the sand on this one.....

Man chickengenius is starting to look like a genius .... :)

let hope those purposefully not participating in market, will get back in from tomorrow ...
Over a million premarket already.

Interesting point on Mr. Smart Poultry, the rest of the naysayers that sometimes appear to tell the board that TSLA is going down hard and the media bears that have been running rampant for years screaming TSLA will die. These people make their predictions based on what ever system they are using - PE too high, demand falling, competition ramping up, interest rates, macros suck, they are paid shills who have always said TSLA is about to collapse etc. etc.

But now that it is happening and TSLA is getting spanked, there seems to be only one reason as far as many bulls and die hard TSLA investors are concerned - the loose and irresponsible cannon that is Elon Musk and why doesn’t he shut up?

Something to ponder…

SP is falling hard in pre-market today, we are well below yesterday's new low closing price. Not sure why again? 🤔
The way I see it, if this forum is talking about getting out of the stock, and we're mostly perma-bulls, how does the wider population feel about $TSLA?

Needs a long period without self-inflicted wounds and good execution...

The way I see it, if this forum is talking about getting out of the stock, and we're mostly perma-bulls, how does the wider population feel about $TSLA?

I don't see any serious long term investors here on TMC talking about "getting out" of TSLA, have I just missed those posts? 🤔

I feel most of us here understand how this is all just short term noise presenting great buying opportunity's, NOT exit points.

You (everyone) should look at Tiktok where I see lots of different vids on this topic with 10k + likes on how they hate Elon now. All because of a social media platform.

If I “look” at Tiktok and its over a billion users (not happening), I am fairly certain I will find exactly what I am looking for. Isn’t that how social media works?

Did somebody say that the market generally improves just after elections?

Needs a long period without self-inflicted wounds and good execution...
I'm more concerned with managing LEAPS, not my HODLING shares. My shares are staying right where they are.

I prefer not to do my investing research on Tiktok. In fact I don't use Tiktok at all. What do I care if some users on that social media platform hate Elon? What relevance does that have to the financial fundamentals of Tesla? 🤔