Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Tesla & Chill blanket in the Tesla shop. Q4 revenue secured.
9AE0FFC8-4D99-475E-A441-82029CCFC71E.jpeg

Elon isn't allowed to trade in TSLA derivatives so any large Put orders coming in would be from people either smart enough to see where it's going or else insider knowledge of Elon's sales.

Yup. But its the latter. The Banksters call themselves 'smart' to deflect investigation of their insider trading. Somebody's tapping the borker's trading book, and using the insider info to buy puts. $EC do ur job.

Latest expirations are safer, I'd only do 2025 expirations, and I think you'd better be good at rolling them over to later expirations if needed. Because the world is a much, much more risky place that it's been for the last decade, so I'm not sure I'd buy LEAPS at all right now. Shares are much safer.

A year or two ago, someone posted here about really losing their shirt with LEAPS back around 2016 or 2017 when the stock price just languished rightward; that could easily be us.

Just my $.02, not advice.
Personally i believe PE is important for wallstreet, so for the period between 2013 and 2019 it was hard for wallstreet to properly put a valuation on Tesla as they weren't profitable yet. Right now i think as long as Tesla lives up to the earnings targets i believe to be realistic, then there's a cap to how far down wallstreet will let Tesla's PE fall. Right now tesla keeps falling both as market sentiment is bad, but also because analysts believe tesla's growth in 2023 to be minimal. When Tesla beats earnings expectations by more than a factor of 2 (5,73 - 4 = 1,73. 8-4 = 4. 4/1,73= 131%), then wallstreet will be forced to adjust their valuation thereafter. If tesla earnings grows by 80-100% in 2023, i really can't see how wallstreet can keep the stock below 30 PE. The only reason tesla is priced this way now is because wallstreets earnings expectations for 2023 are absurdly low.

Who knows though. I might be about to learn a valuable lesson! I just hope if my thesis is wrong it will be because i couldn't calculate the EPS accurately and not because wallstreet will let tesla get below 30 PE with a 80-100% eps growth.

Agreed, hopefully this 88k number eases his concerns a little bit.

Deliveries are lower than expected but production is at an ATH. I think we're just going to have to get used to Tesla's P&D numbers having a wider gap every quarter than we've been used to as they "end the wave".

On the plus side, this should save Tesla expedite fees which should keep operating costs low. :cool:

I don't think Elon was quite telling the truth when he said this was the first time he had seen the potential for Tesla to be worth $5T.

Prolly worth a review of the transcript. I think you'll find Elon said "I see a potential path with Tesla worth more than Apple and Saudi Aramco combined".

But we know what you mean... :p

Cheers!

this gets Tesla to just under 1.4M produced for 2022, which is stellar given the Covid shutdown in Shanghai. In fact, even with the shutdowns it’s very close to a 50% growth rate. Without that shutdown Tesla would have easily exceeded a 50% growth rate.
Any time the media trumpet "Tesla growth rate falls below Elon's promised 50%" we should remind them it probably wasn't a promise and more importantly, EM talked about an average growth rate of 50%. So far since his original guidance, Tesla has exceeded 50%. But it's perfectly OK to grow at 47% and still comply with EM's guidance.