Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More importantly do I want to wait endlessly for slow charging EVs sitting in a stall. Already and issue with people that try to charge their Tesla to 95%
It's easy for Tesla to add charges for slow charging vehicles (the more it takes for you to charge, the more Tesla will charge you). A different kind of superchaging, that can pay for more superchargers.

All good. But I still find it weird that Tesla wants to open the superchargers to other brands (talking about North America) Just seems like many we talk to who are buying a tesla are buying it because of the superior charging network. Why give up that moat).

Jmho.
would be good to get some feedback from Tesla on extra revenue from EU sites having opened them up, how opening up increases any other revenue (eg grants/government incentives) and how that overall increase in revenue is increasing supercharger roll out over previous rate.

If I may....

Price action indicates to me that EM is still liquidating.

High volume and similar volume spikes to the past couple of days.

A declining price, when one would think relief rally was in the works. Any relief would overwhelmed with his liquidation.

Should hit the 5B plus mark today which may indicate he is done.

Of course, nothing beats a tweet.

How about it Chief Twit? Can we get the all clear?

If I may....

Price action indicates to me that EM is still liquidating.

High volume and similar volume spikes to the past couple of days.

A declining price, when one would think relief rally was in the works. Any relief would overwhelmed with his liquidation.

Should hit the 5B plus mark today which may indicate he is done.

Of course, nothing beats a tweet.

How about it Chief Twit? Can we get the all clear?

On the plus side we are not the worst today, so far

NIO - 9.50 USD −1.05 (9.95%)today
LCID - $11.12 USD −2.38 (17.59%)today
RIVN - $28.88 USD −2.98 (9.34%) today

Reactions: FSDtester#1
All good. But I still find it weird that Tesla wants to open the superchargers to other brands (talking about North America) Just seems like many we talk to who are buying a tesla are buying it because of the superior charging network. Why give up that moat).

Jmho.
Because they will be paid by the govt to do so. Repeat after me, Tesla does not have a demand problem. Given that you’d be foolish not to take govt money to expand the SC network and have all those minority of other EVs charge at your Tesla branded fast chargers.

Last edited:
Solar adoption article based on income level:

Follow-on report: New Berkeley Lab report on solar-adopter income and demographic trends | Electricity Markets and Policy Group
Nice. Here's the money shot. Basic conclusion is that lots people are buying home solar but it skews towards above-average household incomes. This skew is decreasing over time, probably because of solar costs plummeting.

Looks like there's still plenty of solar adopters (in the USA) with incomes high enough to make Tesla's Solar Roof a financially viable option.

1668011790481.png

1668012176652.png

By the way, for anyone who doesn't know: Berkeley National Lab is a scientific research organization within the US Department of Energy. It's a trustworthy source for analysis on renewables (but not so much for accurate future forecasting of exponential growth and cost curves).

Its certainly feels this way. :(
Twitter hangover won't end until the company itself is demonstrably stable and profitable AND Elon stops using it as his political playground.

The latter is the hard one and the least likely to happen. It's just a factor that we will have to accept as part of TSLA.

Meta's P/E is 9.3
I thought META is actually shrinking earning bigly now. Going from hugely profitable to shrinking earnings is reckless and certainly commands a lower PE in my basic understanding of market dynamics.

“For the third quarter, Meta reported $27.71 billion in total revenue and net income of $4.4 billion, or $1.64 per share — down 52% year over year”

I think it's a marketing tool plus a way to advance the mission of widespread BEV adoption which has to include more than Tesla. I can't help but think when people driving other brands start using the SC network and talking to very satisfied Tesla owners, who might even take them for a ride and demonstrate FSD, they will be buying a Tesla as their next BEV.
I’ve seen the Mercedes’ EQ whatever, very attractive looking.
Similarly the Rivian.

I immediately disqualify them as they don’t have a
reliable charging network. That matters to me
and probably most.

If that constraint is removed, then I would at least
investigate further. At this point I don’t bother.

I’ve seen the Mercedes’ EQ whatever, very attractive looking.
Similarly the Rivian.

I immediately disqualify them as they don’t have a
reliable charging network. That matters to me
and probably most.

If that constraint is removed, then I would at least
investigate further. At this point I don’t bother.
More EVs the better. The market is huge for replacing ICE vehicles.

I agree those are all issues, but I think those are short term ( ~12-18 months) concerns
Incoming fanboy/reality (you decide)...

Consider the millions of people who have never been inside a Tesla, or even seen one yet. I thought we'd be further along in our public knowledge, but when there's zero advertising on vehicles, most are naive beyond words and have an abundance of incorrect data and messed up mental models.

No this is not a call for ads - remember, it is not needed - still. My point is that the neighbor/friend/sibling effect didn't just end one day because the secret's out. Tesla is still a secret while the steepest part of the S-curve is yet ahead, bolstered by Energy costs. Did the total population of eligible buyers shrink? Of course it did, along with the level of Lake Powell Mead Ontario after I was done swimming, and I'm only pre-fat!

Even if many can't afford to own a Tesla, then Robotaxis win. Lucky for us, that's on the Tesla roadmap as well. And Foxconn ain't the competition - unless you need a golf cart for 3. (It's targeting China sales, so maybe fine there.)

More importantly do I want to wait endlessly for slow charging EVs sitting in a stall. Already and issue with people that try to charge their Tesla to 95%
So, you can either deal with it and come to terms or get rid of your Tesla and buy a slower charging EV so you can join the club.

Those are your current options other than planning your long distance trips in another manner. If/until Tesla is able to expand the charging network in your travel path.

You could also proactively contact Tesla and provide them with the necessary feedback to recognize the current issue. If you’re able to get a bunch of local Tesla owners experiencing the same issue and have them participate in the feedback that would likely be helpful.