Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT

THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE COLLECTION OF TESLA VEHICLES EVER CURATED

Yes because the margins got better.
Actually…..the main thing was operating margin increased. Gross margins increased materially lesser amount…..though gross margin was increasing as ASP was dropping which is pretty amazing.

The increase in net income was entirely operational leverage in action from Shanghai.

We have two new factories going through that exact stage of production ramp as Shanghai did during that time + further expansion at Shanghai at the moment…….so seems pretty damn obvious what is about to happen

This has been debunked. Twitter has enough cash to fund operations if Elon managed to gain zero additional revenue from today and post lay off for at least 5 years.
Maybe but Ross and some other fairly smart people think EM is selling Tesla to support or pay for Twitter. Good interview posted this evening. It's just that his method or raising cash is not helping you guys. One thing that is clear...it's him selling.

No I think the poster is confusing monthly and quarterly deliveries, maybe more than that even. How can revenues go from 270M to 3.3B but deliveries only not quite double? Something's wrong with this picture...
Well, in the entirety of 2020 they sold just under 500,000 cars which were delivered and in 2022 up to present they have sold and delivered 908,000 cars. Which does not include the last quarter of 2022.

• Love
Reactions: gabeincal
No I think the poster is confusing monthly and quarterly deliveries, maybe more than that even. How can revenues go from 270M to 3.3B but deliveries only not quite double? Something's wrong with this picture...
Numbers are from the Q4 2020 earnings report...
$270M GAAP net income; $903M non-GAAP net income (ex-SBC*) in Q4

Q3 2022 earnings:-
$3.3B GAAP Net income. $3.7B non-GAAP net income

I haven't dug in deliveries... but I suspect their numbers are right.

To be fair though:

Nov. 2020: SP = $180, PE = 900
Nov. 2022: SP = $180, PE = 60

If our PE today was 900 the SP would be something like $2,600. And that is SPLIT adjusted!!! :D

Isn't even 60 considered an extremely high PE ratio? Google suggests that investors favor PE around 20 to 25. By this measure, TSLA should be around $75 today. I've always suspected it was vastly overpriced due to market over-exuberance. The S&P500 is down to 80% of its price from a year ago, while TSLA is down to half of what it was at that time. I fear that Elon has come unhinged and the over-enthusiastic market has gotten scared of him.

I am a total Tesla fanboy and my Model 3 is the best car on the road. But I fear that TSLA is finally approaching a realistic price. Sure wish I'd sold when it was $1,200 before the latest split.

Google suggests that investors favor PE around 20 to 25.
That is right, for companies which are only growing slowly with fairly flat revenue and profits, essentially a 5% return on money invested.

Where the difference of opinion originates is on what the revenue and profits for Tesla will be after the period of rapid growth.

Earnings 3X today's earnings, are not hard to imagine.

At times the market over / under values stocks, the market is wrong about most things most of the time.

Well, in the entirety of 2020 they sold just under 500,000 cars which were delivered and in 2022 up to present they have sold and delivered 908,000 cars. Which does not include the last quarter of 2022.
Then he had to be talking about a single quarter. I can see it now... still wild

Maybe but Ross and some other fairly smart people think EM is selling Tesla to support or pay for Twitter. Good interview posted this evening. It's just that his method or raising cash is not helping you guys. One thing that is clear...it's him selling.
Everyone on the podcast question how it doesn't make sense for Elon to sell at market lows when he doesn't yet need the money. Even if he needed the money, it certainly not 4B

Let the man work. Get out of his way. Empower him however way he wants to - if that means constantly criticizing and lambasting him like a masochist, fine.

"Kirasich noted that SpaceX had advanced significantly in both areas during a Monday subcommittee meeting of NASA’s Advisory Council. He updated SpaceX’s fully reusable Starship launch system and revealed that the commercial space company is constructing a new Raptor engine daily."

TSLA After-Hours Quotes​

Data last updated Nov 09, 2022 08:00 PM ET.
This page will resume updating on Nov 10, 2022 04:00 PM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$176.5 -14.8 (-7.74%)
After-Hours Volume2,706,359
After-Hours High$191.2141 (04:25:24 PM)
After-Hours Low$168.4707 (05:05:39 PM)

TSLA.2022-11-09.17-02.Lo.png

The NASDAQ reported low at 5:05:39 must have been an individual trade. The 1-min ASP at that time was $176.20 (see thumbnail below)

TSLA.2022-11-09.17-05.Lo-Trade.png

Cheers to the Longs!

Sounds like they want an investigation into Elons dealings with other countries. Such BS. As if tsla didn't need anything else to keep it held down.
Just finished reading the rest of the replies to this, and I didn’t see this point made clearly.

I listened to the clip. The question was, Reporter: “Do you think Elon Musk is a threat to U.S. national security?”

So, Biden’s comment wasn’t off the cuff. Before he answered he chuckled and made an expression like Elon did at the AI day in Austin when asked a question about China. Biden knew it was a sensitive subject and as noted by another poster, very carefully said that he thought it should be looked at but was not suggesting there was anything improper about it.

My take is it was an attempt by someone to jab Elon, and encourage Biden to spike the ball. Biden mostly deflected it. I don’t see this one as a negative to anyone, just a failed attempt to damage Elon, one of many.