Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps not said by Tesla directly to you, but said by Tesla. I wonder if the navigation system flags V2 vs V3 as relates to specific vehicle compatibility.
Not sure that SuC's are filtered by car specification, but you do get a warning when navigating to a v3 SuC with the message "Requires CCS Adapter"

1668427012123.png

Emerging details on that awful incident in China

Does make me wonder a bit whether the AI shouldn't intervene in cases like this where a driver is clearly out of control, are there any circumstances where someone would legitimately be driving 200kmph on such road?

Tesla is fully cooperating with local authorities to help find the cause of the accident as quickly as possible. According to the company, its back-end data show the vehicle's accelerator pedal was depressed deeply for a long time and remained at 100 percent at one point, and the driver did not apply the brakes for the entire 2 km route. In addition, while driving, the driver pressed the parking button four times. Obviously, the Parking button would not work, as all the conditions that were necessary for this were not met.

No: I would opine that you do NOT want any automatic override to what the human driver decides to do. This would open a can of worms - suppose the driver is fighting with assailants inside the car and decides - since he has no better choice - to take the assailants down with him? OK, maybe a bit too James Bond like, BUT am sure there are many other plausible scenarios where the human is making his choice. Could even be a TSLAQ paid suicide volunteer/ kamikaze, bringing a fortune to his family /s but not completely: TSLAQ are known to be LT suicidal for ST profits.

Last edited:
It does. I drive an old Model S without the CCS upgrade and I’m not shown the v3 CCS chargers. Upgraded cars show them in the nav.
I never knew I needed the CCS upgrade until I had to use it - road-trip Brussels to Barcelona last year... can't imagine not having it - plus I was visiting in UK a few weeks back and got way faster peak charging than I've ever seen before on my rusty old XP100DL+

1668428400357.png

I never knew I needed the CCS upgrade until I had to use it - road-trip Brussels to Barcelona last year... can't imagine not having it - plus I was visiting in UK a few weeks back and got way faster peak charging than I've ever seen before on my rusty old XP100DL+

View attachment 874420
Rusty and old does not match a charging speed of 183 kW! 😅

My S 70 from ‘15 can take 90 kW at peak with low SOC… at 30 % we’re at 70 kW… that’s rusty! 🤣

all this hand wringing.

record deliveries
record profits
AI development (whether ready for primetime or not)
factory ramps

this board laments market not "getting it", being disconnected from fundamentals. here we are doing same thing diverting discussion.

remember-
take private
thai cave
UMC gate

sky falling?

elon gonna elon, Tesla gonna tesla, TSLA gonna TSLA.

A poll that's two weeks old is as stale as bread left out that long. At least it feels like watching TSLA drop below 20% during that period, and for now is 15% lower while Nasdaq is up for that same period.

1. Stock went down during this period because of the high sell volume/Elon is selling, not because of pure hate towards Elon (Scroll up this thread in case you missed this)
2. Model Y and 3 are still California best selling car (California favours democrat party in case if you needs to know)
3. The poll results is sufficient and it is not that far from today. With your interpretation, do we need to do the poll every day to make it count like weather forecast? then still not enough and so make it every hour? Or until one day the poll goes the opposite way then you can call that an accurate poll?

In case if you wonder or needs to be remind, even in twitter, majority of people still in favors of Elon.

Well - most people who hate /dislike Twitter are definitely NOT on Twitter. What do polls of the US population at large say? My guess would be 80% dislike it

>> Monday mornin' Mandatory Morning dip ... we need a song for that - and Elon please fix this SEC/ WS mess when you're done with whatever you're into these days

Emerging details on that awful incident in China

Does make me wonder a bit whether the AI shouldn't intervene in cases like this where a driver is clearly out of control, are there any circumstances where someone would legitimately be driving 200kmph on such road?

Tesla is fully cooperating with local authorities to help find the cause of the accident as quickly as possible. According to the company, its back-end data show the vehicle's accelerator pedal was depressed deeply for a long time and remained at 100 percent at one point, and the driver did not apply the brakes for the entire 2 km route. In addition, while driving, the driver pressed the parking button four times. Obviously, the Parking button would not work, as all the conditions that were necessary for this were not met.

Was this an older driver? Perhaps confused or had a stroke?

I can't imagine someone just not letting up off the pedal.

Even the original Roadster has thermal management. It might be shoved into corners here and there, and come with a couple of fans up front that can sound like a jet warming up for takeoff, but its there.
yes, but if you read my quote I said "a strong method of managing heat". The Tesla Roadster had a better method than a Nissan Leaf but worse than a Model S.

Reactions: ElectricIAC