Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. You arent. We both have. He served his purpose. I want Tesla to be a 2 - 4 trillion dollar company. Musk was the guy to get us to 1 but Apple would have never gotten to 2 if Tim Cook had been inserting himself into politics and pissing people off all the time.

Here is a well balanced and well presented view of Elon agreeing with your assumptions but also stating Elon is the reason TSLA will also go much much higher because Elon being Elon is what made Tesla today.

I'd originally listed a lot of convenience features like this in my post, but decided to just keep it simple.

But since you mention it, yes. A friend was driving my Tesla after dropping me off. "How do I shut it off?" Me: "Just get out of it." You don't even need to put it in park, if the car is stopped and you open the door, it puts the car in park and when you walk away it shuts down. Likewise "Starting it", Locking it, Rolling up the Windows when you leave. Not having to deal with the infotainment system "Booting Up". Connecting your phone. Figuring out who is driving and setting the seats up. Sentry Mode, Dog Mode, Camp Mode, Remote Camera, Netflix while charging. Detecting when people are sitting in a seat and only turning on seat heaters if they are occupied. Etc etc. Just so many little things. The car fixing/ improving features on a monthly basis (sometimes more often).

The media rag idiots quote range and acceleration as if they define the vehicle (though Tesla often rules there too), slightly less daft idiot also talks about charging speed and the Supercharger network. But it's really the whole enchilada. The reason Tesla loyalty is so strong isn't that simple.
The trouble is going from a Tesla to a non-Tesla. I got about ten feet from the car only to see it start rolling away ... still in gear with the engine running and the door wide open. Did it twice before I sold my old Land Cruiser.

I'm likely just exposing my ignorance, but I like you guys, so here it goes..
Is there any thought that DOJO may become rapidly obsolete as quantum computing ramps?
I was reading about IBMs new machine, sounds promising. Can NN even run on a quantum computer?
Quantum computing is "wishful computing". It will not be useful for any NN type efforts for as long as I will be around.

PM or post the intersections please, I'd love to analyse them.

Something that fails 100% of the time is an interesting test case.
Will do after supper. I’ll take a screen shot of the google map image.

The other thing it still does is darts into bus stop pickup lanes thinking they are the beginning Of a new lane. Wakes me up. 😊. Manageable but never a dull moment. 😊

Is there any thought that DOJO may become rapidly obsolete as quantum computing ramps?
I was reading about IBMs new machine, sounds promising. Can NN even run on a quantum computer?
Sure, in ten or fifteen years, minimum. All computers get obsoleted eventually. It's not just about building a lab prototype, there's production and cost as well.

Following up on this, the price from 194 down to 177 to Wednesday definitely looks like an Elon selling day. But that was also the first day after the Form 4s came out AND the day before CPI. Is it hopium to think that was capitulation and not Elon?
Depends on how you look at it. Personally, I think it would be better if that was him selling rather than capitulation.

Quantum computing has been the next big thing for something like 10 years. Right up there with Memristors, Fusion, and affordable Solid State Batteries.

I'm sure some day some of these technologies will be interesting for commercial use.

Some day...

Depends on how you look at it. Personally, I think it would be better if that was him selling rather than capitulation.

Aren't we hoping for forms tonight? That would at least justify some of the under performance from last week.

Isn’t the less he sells, the better?

I’d rather think the underperformance last week was retail getting fleeced because of the uncertainty of whether he was or wasn’t selling. If it is confirmed he wasn’t, we should get the bounce we would have if he had announced when he was done, no?

You guys think it would be preferable to have him selling up until today even?

Edit: Couldn’t “unjustified underperformance” be capitulation that we need to move back up?

Aren't we hoping for forms tonight? That would at least justify some of the under performance from last week.
Lol I don't even know what to hope for.

If there are no form 4's it means we underperform on the upside and overperform on the downside. Which means the stock is stuffed and no one wants to touch it except Algos.

If there are form 4's it means TSLA is Twitters piggy bank and there could be form 4's randomly every quarter. Which also sucks but at least it means short term the stocks safe.

Seems like a lose lose here. His really screwing us over here.

Sorry I'm a quiet quitter. I'm expecting you to provide detailed notes with timestamps within 1.5 hours.

1/3 through . . . Semi possibly 50% gross margins, truckers buy based upon Total Lifecycle Cost, not sticker price, and the Semi will be in high demand.

LOTS of Sandy talking, not much by anyone else so far.

Call me crazy, but I think Elon may have asked his mom to tweet this. I had to double check it was actually Maye's account because it didn't read like her usual style:

Why he wouldn't tweet that himself, I don't know. But maybe he's not at liberty to say whether he's done selling.

Haha, oh that's Maye alright! Filed in my database under "Smak Elon's Mom Tweets" (14th entry). :p

Here are 2 more of my favorate Maye Musk tweet-slams:

She is the Ferocious Mother-of-Invention. :D

Cheers to Maye!

Lol I don't even know what to hope for.

If there are no form 4's it means we underperform on the upside and overperform on the downside. Which means the stock is stuffed and no one wants to touch it except Algos.

If there are form 4's it means TSLA is Twitters piggy bank and there could be form 4's randomly every quarter. Which also sucks but at least it means short term the stocks safe.

Seems like a lose lose here. His really screwing us over here.

I wonder when big institutions will come back to TSLA? Once Elon tweets he’s done selling? Once Twitter turns profits? TSLA became a hot potato for them since they can see a -5% the day after they purchased for reasons they can’t control.

1/3 through . . . Semi possibly 50% gross margins, truckers buy based upon Total Lifecycle Cost, not sticker price, and the Semi will be in high demand.

LOTS of Sandy talking, not much by anyone else so far.

SANDY - discussing their 4680 cell breakdown - "I think they [Tesla] are changing the chemistry on the fly . . . and I think they are within spitting distance of something equivalent to QuantumScape solid state batteries".

This is per Munro's cracking open of a 4680 and it was "much drier than we were expecting". He says when they were observing QuantumScape's "solid state" batteries that they were more a "semi-solid" than actual true solid state battery. That was news to me.