Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All you peeps calculating PEs should probably also start backing out the net cash on BS. At about $5, this is now becoming not insignificant.

Adjusted for debt, Tesla is now quite comparable to google that has about $7 in cash per share (SP = 96, so much higher as % of SP), and MSFT has about $4 (SP = 242), AAPL is actually quite indebted (no net cash), and same with Amazon, nflx, nvda, etc.

Well, Meta has about 6.66 $/ share in cash (no kidding), but for someone that has been burning cash, thats not much solace.

PS: I know peeps will correct me saying its more than $5 for Tesla, but I am using yahoo numbers to be consistent.
PPS: I looked and found no other names on this list - no large cap oil cos, no berkshire, if anyone thinks of a name, drop it here. Not sure I can filter for this easily without backing out debt.
BS?

Reactions: Andy O
Meanwhile Porsche since IPO 😭:

Screenshot_20221121-190137.png

Macro **really** sucks.

If it's not China COVID:Zero, it's the Ukraine War and Nuclear Proliferation...or its the European Energy Crisis:

Many black swans.
Honestly....that's why I think things might break, and break hard up, with just a little good news. Ukraine war won't last forever. China will eventually decide not to kill their economy. Hopefully inflation will break, in spite of our government's unrestrained spending. Blowout Q4 production. Semi deliveries. Or even the naysayers getting bored with bird drama (BTW record traffic there).

...as Reuters reported, were Tesla's stock to drop by 40%, Musk would have to repay that loan — possibly by selling Tesla shares."
After watching Reuters coverage of Tesla for a while, I would not trust them if they reported water is wet.

Even if Elon has a margin loan (which @StarFoxisDown! disputed), four seconds of thought concludes that Elon has other assets he could use to secure a loan, such as SpaceX stock, Boring stock, and the goodwill of billionaire friends, which he has relied on before.

Mod: 23 posts about FSD with no relevance to the company or the stock summarily deleted. Some large number of posts about twitter moved (by some NICE mod -- not me!) to the more appropriate thread. Some of those deleted (by me) for being too political even there. 26 reports! (To you-know-who-you-are, just report the first few and we'll clean up from there, when we get there.)
--ggr