Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Edit: What profits can Tesla generate from the use of its Autobidder software? Is it licensed, based on profits?

I think I found some of the Megapacks (196+ MWh) - Dogger Bank Wind Farm - Wikipedia

When complete it would rank as number 2 for wind farms (on or off shore). Note how many of the offshore wind farms are in the UK. I think new onshore ones have been banned due to.. reasons. UK is windy....

Pillswood will use Tesla’s Autobidder software artifcial intelligence (AI) software, an energy management platform that made its debut in the UK in 2020.

The developer has two projects already operating using Autobidder and is working on other major battery storage projects around the UK, mostly due to come into service in 2023.

Harmony Energy said Pillswood’s completion was accelerated to allow it to operate in the early months of the coming winter. Director Peter Kavanagh said: “Battery energy storage systems are essential to unlocking the full potential of renewable energy in the UK. These projects are not supported by taxpayer subsidy yet can offer shareholders attractive returns in a variety of market conditions.”

Almost certainly (in my opinion) to be expanded. Based at the point where wind energy comes in from Dogger Bank - About The Dogger Bank Wind Farm Projects - Dogger Bank Wind Farm

Three phases, each 1.2 GW which is big acording to wikipedia (below)
  • Dogger Bank A (formerly Creyke Beck A)
  • Dogger Bank B (formerly Creyke Beck B)
  • Dogger Bank C (formerly Teesside A)
Dogger Bank A is 1.2GW, looks like Phase B comes in at the same place (Cottingham), so more storage/Autobidder use likely. Phase C of 1.2 GW goes ashore elsewhere - but that could have storage too.

I'd imagine that energy storage could accommodate flows from the rest of the electricity grid at times of oversupply (typically midnight to 4am in UK).

1669148986971.png

1669149673804.png

I wasn't aware of that. What's the source?
I'll try and dig up the links later this afternoon. It was from one of the Twitter accounts that tracks/has sources at Giga Berlin. There was a bunch of confusion about the 3rd shift and how it related to reaching 5k/week by end of 2022.

Tesla should seriously consider building a second Lathrop in Europe somewhere.

Good for business, good for the mission and extremely helpful in transitioning Europe to renewable energy.
I would very much be in favor of Tesla prioritizing Megapack factories for the next couple of Giga factories. Or at least making a quarter or a third of the factory dedicated to Megapack production. Megapack if a recession proof item who's demand is on a commercial level, not on a consumer level.

Reversal of what ?
TSLA already reversed most of the S&P500 inclusion and general COVID-bull market gains, the only thing left to reverse from the big bull run is the first 5:1 split effect. So reversing that would take us *checks chart* to somewhere around $65, i.e. below half of Chicken Genius.

Your PTSD is showing. At the announcement of the 5:1 split after-hrs on Aug 13, 2020, TSLA was trading at a (splits-adjusted) $100/share: see my Comment #378,756 for a Chart.

For $60/share, you have to go back all the way to before the Q2 2020 P&D report (Jul 2nd), which is what kicked off the run up to $100.

You should think about what it'll take to break yourself out of the funk you're in. It's affecting your memory.

Good good, and all the best.

Interesting close.

Someone had posted some info on the desirable price range for inclusion in the DJI. We are a few weeks away from Semi production and possibly Moodys investment grade.

Might there be a DJI place in Tesla’s near future?

Moodys can bite me. They are holding out on the upgrade just to allow their partners-in-crime to continue to push down the share price. When convenient and the price is in their target range, they will issue their "upgrade" so that their buddies can buy in at their desired price and still be within their "bylaws" of having two ratings agencies having blessed the purchase.

Today was the first day with a positive tape in a LONG time. The volume at the open was very heavy for any day, but for a holiday week it was massive. If the pace from the first hour had continued we would have traded over 300 millions shares on the day.

20221122 TSLA Nov 22.jpg

The bears were ready to pound the SP into oblivion, but I think they were surprised that the amount of shares they dumped were absorbed by buyers without much of a decline. It seems they took it to heart and backed off. The volume dropped dramatically after that and was positively boring until the EOD when the bears re-emerged to cap the stock at 170 with large blocks. The day ended in a bit of a stalemate with both sides unhappy. Still the stock remains oversold, and if the bears don't continue to bring it, look for a trend upward, macros permitting.

We closed the day just under 170. If we can bust through tomorrow, traders may well decide to take profit and reverse position.

Let's see if the bears can bring the hammer again tomorrow AM. They probably want a rematch.

Took wife to drop off her BMW lease just now. Lease person looked at my MYP and said "Thats a nice Tesla, is that what replaced the X3?, I said we got a M3 to replace the X3, so now we are an all tesla family."
He responded with "You are the 8th lease return this week who has replaced a BMW with a Tesla"

Now...I do not know the race, religion, political association, demographic location, income brackets of the other 7 people who replaced their BMW's with a Tesla so i cannot comment on whether they like/dislike Elon :)

Took wife to drop off her BMW lease just now. Lease person looked at my MYP and said "Thats a nice Tesla, is that what replaced the X3?, I said we got a M3 to replace the X3, so now we are an all tesla family."
He responded with "You are the 8th lease return this week who has replaced a BMW with a Tesla"

Now...I do not know the race, religion, political association, demographic location, income brackets of the other 7 people who replaced their BMW's with a Tesla so i cannot comment on whether they like/dislike Elon :)
Hey just to let you know......anecdotal evidence only applies to people that hate Elon 🤷‍♂️

Where do we think the ZEV credits are going next year? Coming close to 1.5B$ this year it's still pretty sizeable chunk of the equation.

They will continue to diminish over time. Traditional auto is slowly building enough EVs to bring their average MPG up so that they have to buy fewer and fewer of these.

But it sure puts a grin on my face that 2 gigafactories were funded (indirectly) by traditional auto. :D

Last edited:
Moodys can bite me.
No arguments there. Their stipulation/excuse was hinging on addition products so the Semi with orders from credible customers pleads their own case.

I am just wondering about a DJI inclusion for a world class next generation industrial powerhouse. Is the stock price still too high for the Dow?

JNJ is in the DOW with a price at 176.

Last edited: