Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its funny how bad investors like yourself are at handling criticism of our investments together. I dont negatively talk about Tesla outside of investor forums. I want them to do well. However, when the company has valid concerns we shouldn't run from it and should debate/discuss them together.

If you disagree with that statement it is highly likely you dont have much $$$ invested in TSLA and are here more for fanboy reasons. Is that accurate?

Edit: Oh and ElectricIAC definitely qualifies under this criteria. Guy clearly is just here for the Elon coolaid and has no care about Teslas financial situation. He manages to obsessively react to every single post by upvoting anything pro elon and downvoting anything criticizing or questioning elon/tesla in any way.

What you all don't understand is I actually WANT to be convinced I am wrong or told I am overly concerned and if there's agreement how we can solution. But what I am seeing around here is a "go away if you don't drink the coolaid" kind of attitude. Not a lot of debates or conversation. You either :fall inline or you are criticized and ignored." The last thing I want to do is leave TSLA earlier than planned since ive been holding since 2012.
@lakefiller. It seems you've been banned and that's a shame. I read back through your post history and it seems you legitimately wanted Tesla to succeed and didn't get satisfactory answers. Yes, echo chambers exist everywhere, even TMC. So name calling isn't going to help your case. DM me if your still want answers.

@wipster @2daMoon call it intuition! or faith! whatever makes you happy
I was kidding mate. Sorry I didn't make it more clear, like an /s. I actually agree with you and seriously hope you're right. Hopefully we can get past the potential Chinese issues that may come with quarantines (although I think Giga Shanghai has probably already anticipated supply chain issues and stocked up as much as possible) and barring any other force majeures we should still be at 50% growth for the year. And 1st quarter 2023 should definitely right the ship. But while we can wish, hope, and accurately predict what Tesla will do, the SP is still constrained by market forces.

But I, like you, am an optimist and feel better now than earlier in the month! Bear in mind it may be the tryptophan talking for me too (but it was a nice, albeit short, nap).

I was kidding mate. Sorry I didn't make it more clear, like an /s. I actually agree with you and seriously hope you're right. Hopefully we can get past the potential Chinese issues that may come with quarantines (although I think Giga Shanghai has probably already anticipated supply chain issues and stocked up as much as possible) and barring any other force majeures we should still be at 50% growth for the year. And 1st quarter 2023 should definitely right the ship. But while we can wish, hope, and accurately predict what Tesla will do, the SP is still constrained by market forces.

But I, like you, am an optimist and feel better now than earlier in the month! Bear in mind it may be the tryptophan talking for me too (but it was a nice, albeit short, nap).

No worries, but not everything on this forum has to be considered a joke. It's great to have camaraderie here, but Climate Change is serious stuff as is a lot of what's happening in the world right now.

No worries, but not everything on this forum has to be considered a joke. It's great to have camaraderie here, but Climate Change is serious stuff as is a lot of what's happening in the world right now.

True that,... and laughter is still the best medicine.

From past experience, nothing TSLA does will surprise me. When it gives me lemons I make lemonade with levity to take the edge off. In my heart it should be between 400 and 500 by end of year, based upon how things were going before the Fed stepped in. But, they did and it might have been a good thing overall for them to have done so, particularly with the IRA poised to inject more money into the mix.

We know that TSLA chart can go up as quick or quicker than it can go down. That's all about the SP. As for Climate Change, the Tesla factories are doing quite well and are keeping the growth target in the cross-hairs. That is separate from the market where irrationality plays a bigger role on a day to day basis.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day, and I hope some of my contributions bring the release of endorphins that de-burrs any tender nerves TSLA's antics of late may have exposed.

True that,... and laughter is still the best medicine.

From past experience, nothing TSLA does will surprise me. When it gives me lemons I make lemonade with levity to take the edge off. In my heart it should be between 400 and 500 by end of year, based upon how things were going before the Fed stepped in. But, they did and it might have been a good thing overall for them to have done so, particularly with the IRA poised to inject more money into the mix.

We know that TSLA chart can go up as quick or quicker than it can go down. That's all about the SP. As for Climate Change, the Tesla factories are doing quite well and are keeping the growth target in the cross-hairs. That is separate from the market where irrationality plays a bigger role on a day to day basis.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day, and I hope some of my contributions bring the release of endorphins that de-burrs any tender nerves TSLA's antics of late may have exposed.

It was quite excellent - enchiladas and cake w family, plus some yoga to work off the food - good times.

Crazy, crazy 2022 for me personally.

Hopefully more than that since it's been possible for a while.

Note this uses BrainGate aka Utah Array, there're various comparisons between BrainGate and Neuralink online which shows why Neuralink's setup is superior (for example it's wireless vs BrainGate's wired setup). BrainGate is mainly used in research labs, it demonstrated sending text message using thought in 2016.

I am somewhat worried of bad press with FSD. I have had my worst experiences with FSD on the latest version and was hoping they would do the wide on V11. First time for me that it accelerated into a stationary vehicule and that I had to stop (at 56cm). it was also going to run a red light (very clear light and was doing it well with previous versions). Hopefully it’s anecdotal.
I’m going to repeat the Fair Warning that I’ve been posting about the Beta in various threads, especially as they’re new-to-the-experience types galore around here. And, yeah, expectations amongst the shareholders (I’m one) should be damped a bit.

First: In the release notes, Tesla states, and they are not kidding, ‘The car will do the worst thing as the wrong time.’ While on the Beta, I personally have seen the car:
  • From a stop at a red light, with heavy cross traffic, try to start up and run the light straight across. Several times over a couple weeks.
  • At speed on a multi lane local road, attempt to merge directly to the car on the left.
  • On a hilly, narrow, unmarked two lane road, drive down the middle of the road when approaching the brow of a hill. It always does this.
  • On any left turn, cuts ‘way over to the right, first, preventing following traffic from getting by. All the time.
  • When following a car that’s stopped to turn left, even when there’s tons of room on the right, stops. Traffic behind one then tries to sneak through the narrow gap. Risking bent metal.
  • Picks the wrong lane at a light for straight ahead or turns, especially if other cars are blocking from view the painted arrows on the road.
On a 10 mile trip, interventions happen somewhere between two and dozen times. Sometimes at regular spots where there’s some high probability of failure; other times at random for no obvious reason. So, to use the thing, one must be constantly alert for idiocy. The Beta is not for those that like a stress-free life.

Those that like to use those jiggly weights are very definitely trying for a Darwin Award.

Having said all that, in the nine months or so that I’ve spent testing the Beta, each point release has shown better results. Those interventions were ten to twenty on a ten mile trip. As I said earlier, that’s dropped to single digits to a dozen on the same trip. And, once in a while, one gets a trip with no interventions; something that never happened before and notable when it does happen.

People driving the Beta are testers, not regular drivers, collecting data for Tesla so the product can be improved to the point where it can truly be released to everybody with FSD as a complete ADAS product. This is good for the testers because a) they’re going to get the final product sooner and b) they got it for cheaps, as compared to what the final product will cost.

But for banging around town while reading Tolstoy? Forget about it.

So wait... this quarter:
  • FSD beta full release
  • Tesla Semi
Maybe possibly?
  • Starship ?? Maybe in orbit ??
  • Neuralink speaks
  • First Cybertruck beta trucks??
This is 3 companies output, but Musk is the conductor behind all of this madness.

Is there some Boring Company event I haven't heard of?
The big goal on Boring is to be ready for Superbowl 2024 (Super Bowl LVIII on February 11, 2024) which will be serviced by the Vegas Loop if all goes well.

Allegiant Stadium is at the bottom left of this map and will get 2 stations for loading/unloading per the map.

1669345477575.png

Last edited:
I’m going to repeat the Fair Warning that I’ve been posting about the Beta in various threads, especially as they’re new-to-the-experience types galore around here. And, yeah, expectations amongst the shareholders (I’m one) should be damped a bit.

First: In the release notes, Tesla states, and they are not kidding, ‘The car will do the worst thing as the wrong time.’ While on the Beta, I personally have seen the car:
  • From a stop at a red light, with heavy cross traffic, try to start up and run the light straight across. Several times over a couple weeks.
  • At speed on a multi lane local road, attempt to merge directly to the car on the left.
  • On a hilly, narrow, unmarked two lane road, drive down the middle of the road when approaching the brow of a hill. It always does this.
  • On any left turn, cuts ‘way over to the right, first, preventing following traffic from getting by. All the time.
  • When following a car that’s stopped to turn left, even when there’s tons of room on the right, stops. Traffic behind one then tries to sneak through the narrow gap. Risking bent metal.
  • Picks the wrong lane at a light for straight ahead or turns, especially if other cars are blocking from view the painted arrows on the road.
On a 10 mile trip, interventions happen somewhere between two and dozen times. Sometimes at regular spots where there’s some high probability of failure; other times at random for no obvious reason. So, to use the thing, one must be constantly alert for idiocy. The Beta is not for those that like a stress-free life.

Those that like to use those jiggly weights are very definitely trying for a Darwin Award.

Having said all that, in the nine months or so that I’ve spent testing the Beta, each point release has shown better results. Those interventions were ten to twenty on a ten mile trip. As I said earlier, that’s dropped to single digits to a dozen on the same trip. And, once in a while, one gets a trip with no interventions; something that never happened before and notable when it does happen.

People driving the Beta are testers, not regular drivers, collecting data for Tesla so the product can be improved to the point where it can truly be released to everybody with FSD as a complete ADAS product. This is good for the testers because a) they’re going to get the final product sooner and b) they got it for cheaps, as compared to what the final product will cost.

But for banging around town while reading Tolstoy? Forget about it.
Sometimes I wonder how people end up with a dozen interventions in a 10 mile drive. My 10 mile drives usually has like 2 to 3 turns because most distance traveled is a straight line.

Is this the route you put into the GPS?

Attachments

• crazy-junction-map-editable-vector-illustrated-complicated-three-road-generic-intersection-311...jpg
    crazy-junction-map-editable-vector-illustrated-complicated-three-road-generic-intersection-311...jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 48
I have an off topic request for the mindhive. I work for a large Bay Area city that claims to be a clean city. I’m looking for advice on how to approach improving this situation.

Many firefighters here have chosen to buy EV’s but live too far away from work to make it both ways on a single charge.

The fire department have made a point do prohibit us from charging our vehicles requiring many employees to make a SC stop and pay peak pricing (~$.50/Kw here) essentially disincentivizing EV adoption. This while the city has a vast solar infrastructure and surely bargain energy pricing. Many would gladly pay a fair price to charge their car here but even that is not an option.

I don’t ask for my purposes as I live near work and also have free lifetime charging on my car and solar at home (though my CT is coming soon?😬). The reason I’m looking for advice is because I believe THESE are the things that drive demand and increase adoption even more than purchase discounts. My wife has worked at 2 tech firms since we’ve had Teslas and all their offices have ample free charging.

Part 2 of this question is where you see SC pricing going medium term. Many of my coworkers ask ME (like I’m some kind of Tesla FanMan…I am) why “Tesla is price gouging for electrons” and I don’t have a good answer.

Thanks in advance. PM me if you have some thoughts and don’t want to clutter the thread. Happy Thanksgiving, Friends.