Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If nothing else, the past 3 years has demonstrated that the world is perfectly capable of being screwed up in new and creative ways on a rotating basis about once every 6 months. Violence in the capitol, epidemics, wars, economic mayhem, more shutdowns due to epidemic, energy crisis, increasing interest rates, etc etc etc.

Seems like chaos is the new norm.

I still think our money is in the best possible place, but I wouldn't fall in love with any time-frame for recovery. If China has another COVID breakout and big lockdown, that could delay any recovery in the stock by another 3-6 months. Add in PE compression and we could easily be crusing below $250 in 6 months.

Or... COVID breakout doesn't happen, stellar 4th quarter and we revisit ATH in January and keep trucking. Hard to say.

The China COVID outbreak is already happening (31k recorded cases yesterday EDIT: another 33k today).

Although it’s a big near term negative, if it means COVID zero policy is abandoned in 2023, then it has a very silver lining.

2023 could actually turn out to be a good year. Many are predicting gloom with recessions etc, but if China gets through its COVID death wave and there is an end to the Ukraine/Russia war, then things might be looking pretty good in 12 months time.

Last edited:
The TSLAQ crowd are going absolutely berserk right now over the FSD beta wide release..
To be fair, so is the crowd here. Despite that 1) it hasn't happened yet, just been announced; 2) and there's no reason to believe it will change anything on the ground, just probably revenue recognition.

So far as I can tell the whole V11 to some members of the public before Thanksgiving hasn't happened either.

There's an awful lot of self-congratulation going on despite nothing having happened yet.

Also, idiots posting links to this

This is, of course, referring to when FSD goes wide release, not FSD Beta. You know, actual autonomy at Level 4 or better, not the Level 2 system we have now. There will be absolutely no asset value increase now, or at best a trivial amount.

Last edited:
I have an off topic request for the mindhive. I work for a large Bay Area city that claims to be a clean city. I’m looking for advice on how to approach improving this situation.

Many firefighters here have chosen to buy EV’s but live too far away from work to make it both ways on a single charge.

The fire department have made a point do prohibit us from charging our vehicles requiring many employees to make a SC stop and pay peak pricing (~$.50/Kw here) essentially disincentivizing EV adoption. This while the city has a vast solar infrastructure and surely bargain energy pricing. Many would gladly pay a fair price to charge their car here but even that is not an option.

I don’t ask for my purposes as I live near work and also have free lifetime charging on my car and solar at home (though my CT is coming soon?😬). The reason I’m looking for advice is because I believe THESE are the things that drive demand and increase adoption even more than purchase discounts. My wife has worked at 2 tech firms since we’ve had Teslas and all their offices have ample free charging.

Part 2 of this question is where you see SC pricing going medium term. Many of my coworkers ask ME (like I’m some kind of Tesla FanMan…I am) why “Tesla is price gouging for electrons” and I don’t have a good answer.

Thanks in advance. PM me if you have some thoughts and don’t want to clutter the thread. Happy Thanksgiving, Friends.

On the Supercharging, Tesla is not price gouging, they are simply trying to make their charging business pay for itself as they expand it. Tesla has to pay for all the equipment, the construction of every location, and dispatch technicians to keep the network operational. It all costs money. Superchargers have high peak demand charges from the local utility so Tesla is not getting a good rate on the electricity once those peak demand charges are added in.

You can mention that GM and Ford are not building networks for their customers and the charging experience and road trips are less convenient because of it. The higher prices for charging during peak periods is designed to make the network more efficient by encouraging behavior that requires less stalls to serve the fleet. We all pay for Superchargers that are only needed on the busiest 10 days of the year or to handle the high charging load that happens for a short period after regular business hours.

To be fair, so is the crowd here. Despite that 1) it hasn't happened yet, just been announced; 2) and there's no reason to believe it will change anything on the ground, just probably revenue recognition.

So far as I can tell the whole V11 to some members of the public before Thanksgiving hasn't happened either.

There's an awful lot of self-congratulation going on despite nothing having happened yet.

I had FSD V. 11 waiting for me when I woke up this morning. I think the FSD team has been working overtime to get this out.

Yeah, I've seen that. It's speculation until somebody has actually gotten V11 FSD Beta installed on their car and it turns out to match that. @StealthP3D's is the first claim I've seen of somebody saying V11 FSD Beta is present on their car.

Unless I'm misunderstanding and the claim is just V11 on an FSD vehicle, but not FSD Beta. In that case, there's nothing interesting about it at all. We were talking about V11 FSD Beta wide release.

Last edited:
I had FSD V. 11 waiting for me when I woke up this morning. I think the FSD team has been working overtime to get this out.

Interesting, can you verify that what you received was actually v11 and not v10.36.3.1 which went to wide release in N. America on Wed evening?

I haven't heard of any beta-tester outside of Tesla getting v11 as of yet. This was 19 hrs ago:

Paging @Papafox

Last edited:
I’m at Tesla right now, getting my winter wheels fitted (not sure they needed any more, the way the weather is these days in Europe…)

I had a chat with the sales guy about my pending MXP delivery and he said they have “lots” of Plaid cars coming, also “loads”of MSLR, apparently, which I wasn’t aware of

I’m now expecting exceptional EU deliveries, on top of October deliveries already exceeding Jan + Apr + Jul combined

I’m at Tesla right now, getting my winter wheels fitted (not sure they needed any more, the way the weather is these days in Europe…)

I had a chat with the sales guy about my pending MXP delivery and he said they have “lots” of Plaid cars coming, also “loads”of MSLR, apparently, which I wasn’t aware of

I’m now expecting exceptional EU deliveries, on top of October deliveries already exceeding Jan + Apr + Jul combined
You mean MSLR == Model S Long Range? Since you can’t order these, this must be cars ordered 2 years ago before the order stop.

Forward Observing

Got an update this morning. Since I already have FSD Beta, wondering if this is general public vsn or recall fix?

Gotta love these Tesla recalls. Before selling my Tacoma six months ago, Toyota’s recall would have forced me to remove my canopy at my cost for them to replace my water leaking cab part.

Cheers
Thanks Elon for answering my question!

iWind turning green for TSLA this morning. Thanksgiving was not so bad after all.

Cheers

I just sold a bunch of stock in NASDAQ tracker funds and other ETFs to load up a bunch more TSLA. I am already massively over-invested in the one stock, but spent a morning reading comments on reddit and other sites about tesla, and the average drooling idiot who comments on these places is so pumped up with disinformation and outright lies, that it feels like the disconnect between the reality of the company, and the perception by loudmouths on the internet is at another huge high.

I look forward, with totally undisguised glee, to all of the shocked edxpressions when people see the Q4 deliveries and then financials. All those people who were certain that Tesla was about to collapse and go bankrupt with suddenly be staring at a P/E ratio, PEG and naked profit figure that will simply not compute in their heads.

Tesla has not been this obvious, clear and easy a bargain for an incredibly long time. I'm almost giddy realizing that the stock is this cheap, and I can buy some still before the Semi delivery event.

Unless you literally need the money for a life saving operation, do not sell before the end of the year. Its absolutely free money to buy now and wait a few months.

Forward Observing

During the cruise late October/early November we contracted COVID. We were confirmed within a half hour by ship medical team. I was more Asymptomatic (felt nothing); wife, partner, l. . . You get the pic; she had cough, stuffed nose ~ both of us suffered Paxlovid bad breath. Both certified free to move about the ship five days later.

Our quarantine was on this ship 82BDF572-F8EC-4C06-862E-D38118AAA052.jpeg

Best part of quarantine was counting Teslas every fifteen minutes while docked for the day at Lisbon, Portugal from our quarters. If you cannot beat it join em.

FYI ~ might have seen one Tesla in Morocco after two days touring around. Was not on my bucket list, and, and never will be.

If you get it, the crud, take care of yourself ~ be proactive. While in quarantine, we stuffed ourselves ~ you know feed a fever :eek::rolleyes:;)

Note: Not medical advice ~ we are seventy something. Closer to eighty something since we cannot go backwards in time.

Enjoy the iWind and count Tesla’s ~ all models.

Cheers

Also, idiots posting links to this

This is, of course, referring to when FSD goes wide release, not FSD Beta. You know, actual autonomy at Level 4 or better, not the Level 2 system we have now. There will be absolutely no asset value increase now, or at best a trivial amount.
V11 is single stack. Current public release is still the older Navigate on Autopilot code, but that doesn't matter for functionality.

Tesla already recognizes revenue from Beta features.
Current option package does not call out level 4. Autosteer on city streets is highest level function not yet delivered.

Elon previously (from Motley Fool):
It's looking like we might be feature-complete in a few months. The feature-complete just means like it has some chance of going from your home to work let's say with no interventions. So, that's -- it doesn't mean the features are working well, but it means it has above zero chance.