Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was a joke, I'm sure, based on recent concerns that people wouldn't buy Tesla products because Elon is such a wild and crazy guy that everyone despises. And who would want to have a pizza delivered in a car made by that egotistical Mary Barra who thinks GM is leading the EV revolution? /s
Funny how some people get sarcasm and some do not :)

Last edited:

Remember some German C-suite saying Tesla reaching 500 would “defy the laws of physics”?

I caught his reaction:

611B8BC5-ED49-4705-8DEE-DACE5EEAD15E.gif

Well…

Tesla team just completed a 500 mile drive with a Tesla Semi weighing in at 81,000 lbs!
-Musk

edit: 🥷'd by @Paul_SF
TeslaQ Response..."Elon said completed drive, notice how he conveniently left out that they had to stop and charge those dangerous and fire 🔥 causing batteries 10 times during the test, which took a total of 36 hours to complete the trip"

Edit: a Ninjaed repost and then Ninjaed again by @MP3Mike ..... hmm bullish?

He didn't say it was on a single charge... (Though it likely was on a single charge.)
He didn't say a lot of things. Why post about going 500 miles with 81,000 GVW if it wasn't on a single charge? It's more than implied. Now if the 300 mile version went 500 miles, I would assume there was a charge required.

Tesla opening the sixth and largest 48,500-square-foot building in Denmark for a store, service, and delivery center.

If nothing else, the past 3 years has demonstrated that the world is perfectly capable of being screwed up in new and creative ways on a rotating basis about once every 6 months. Violence in the capitol, epidemics, wars, economic mayhem, more shutdowns due to epidemic, energy crisis, increasing interest rates, etc etc etc.

Seems like chaos is the new norm.

I still think our money is in the best possible place, but I wouldn't fall in love with any time-frame for recovery. If China has another COVID breakout and big lockdown, that could delay any recovery in the stock by another 3-6 months. Add in PE compression and we could easily be crusing below $250 in 6 months.

Or... COVID breakout doesn't happen, stellar 4th quarter and we revisit ATH in January and keep trucking. Hard to say.
Agree. Chaos is the new normal. It seems to me that all the folks on the "inside" with their special permissions/exceptions stand to make money hand over first while this volatility remains and so I don't see things changing any time soon.

He didn't say a lot of things. Why post about going 500 miles with 81,000 GVW if it wasn't on a single charge? It's more than implied. Now if the 300 mile version went 500 miles, I would assume there was a charge required.
I think the big question is why was this only done / validated now when the big semi release event is days away?

Shouldn't this have been done a while ago with one of the validation or prototype units?

I suppose one can just extrapolate the energy usage out to a full discharge of the pack, but it always sounds better to have actually proven it in real life.

Remember some German C-suite saying Tesla reaching 500 would “defy the laws of physics”?

I caught his reaction:

View attachment 878667

Would love to by a fly on the wall when they do the testing :)

“If Tesla really delivers on this promise, we’ll obviously buy two trucks — one to take apart and one to test because if that happens, something has passed us by. But for now, the same laws of physics apply in Germany and in California.”

Very interesting. Any other large cap tech stocks to compare to? Seems like FTD is ignored corruption.
I have _all_ the data files and am getting better at filtering out stuff. so ask me for a specific ticker and time period, but patience is paramount.
(raw data is called cnsfails in twice a month datasets)

So, you get 24 data sets per year, zipped/compressed, around 1 megabyte or so each file, 12 years and more, about 2/3 of a million lines as a text file that you _have_ to add .txt by renaming each
import to excel, data is delimited by "|" (vertical bar) and starts with yyyymmdd format and is reported (supposedly) every day so needs sorting and copy/paste to another excel
I suppose there is a far easier way, but I last programmed in Fortran 4 and interpreted Basic

STILL no idea why there were no TSLA FTD"s reported November/December 2018/first half January 2019. last data on 10/29/2018. next data 1/23/2019 (Month day year) or 29/10/2018 - 23/1/2019 (DMY), they skipped over 80 days it seems

So give me a Ticker and a date range and i'l get back. BUT this is a Tesla forum