Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bring back the single motor RWD LR 3.

First:
  1. How much would this lower the price?
  2. How much would this lower the cost?
Next:

3. How many more vehicles would be sold (net) as a result?​
The answer to 3 may be zero if we are still production constrained. However, if the margin based on #2>>#1 and >= than that for a Dual Drive, than this might make sense to do anyway.

One of $TSLAQ's finest writing about Fisker :)

View attachment 880273

Schadenfreude aside, it's really the worst whether one likes Fisker or not (substitute any of the other EV start ups), they deserve a fair shake to make it but that's impossible with shorts actively attacking them. Tesla luckily made it but in this climate shorts have such a huge advantage that the smaller start ups don't really stand a chance.

Also companies using shipping with decreases costs is pretty distracting to their balance sheets...
You know... I was thinking Elon Musk is really embarrassing all the other CEOs out there. The man is running SpaceX, Tesla, Neuralink, and Twitter. And doing it well for the most part. WTF are these other CEOs doing with the rest of their days/hours/moments?

You know... I was thinking Elon Musk is really embarrassing all the other CEOs out there. The man is running SpaceX, Tesla, Neuralink, and Twitter. And doing it well for the most part. WTF are these other CEOs doing with the rest of their days/hours/moments?
At least he isn't boring.

Oh, wait a minute, he is Boring too.

Ninja'd by @oldTAVguy :cool:

Well, a high percentage of what the CEO does for a company is to maintain brand image, which Elon spends zero time caring about....lol.

Last edited:
You forgot Boring Company.
And Cyberphone (heard from a source not to be named, who dated this girl who was related to a guy whose uncle knew someone from college that previously worked for Tesla) or in other words, the way most of the msm gets their information 🤔

cRa02MC.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmm. Brave. DIY Batteries systems off Alibaba? Warranty much?
I'm only contacting companies with positive reviews from members on the DIY Solar Forum. I'm also comfortable buying stuff on Alibaba (got $2000 bedframes for $1000, $3000 custom blinds for $500, $300 pieces of wool for $100, etc.). You just have to look at whether the vendors are (1) verified, (2) year history, and (3) transaction history/$ volume. Also when you talk with them, the legit ones will push back when you start asking for stuff (then you get a certain idea of what vendors' baseline costs are).

First:
  1. How much would this lower the price?
  2. How much would this lower the cost?
Next:

3. How many more vehicles would be sold (net) as a result?​
The answer to 3 may be zero if we are still production constrained. However, if the margin based on #2>>#1 and >= than that for a Dual Drive, than this might make sense to do anyway.
Apparently they do make them for fleet sales already, probably because of 1+2 resulting in 3 fleet sale. Drive-Tesla-Canada reporting it California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) orders 399 Tesla Model 3 sedans was mentioned here before.

Reactions: Zero CO2

An 81,000 lbs bottle of Pepsi (water) would need to be carrying about 10,000 cu.ft. Turns out, the volume inside a 53' semi is only 6,000 cu.ft. To my surprise, fill a large semi trailer to the top with water and it's still only about half the max load. So it needs denser material, like metal.

An IDRA press must weigh a lot. Maybe a small part of it could fit, but not much splash. It does provide a segue to CyberTruck, meh.

Would every Tesla Vehicle fit? Maybe, light load, but would be cool with CyberTruck followed by a covered car not to be revealed.

Maybe it's just helium balloons. Tesla Margins are important ;)

1 cu.ft. of water weighs about 62 pounds. Your math must be off.

OTOH I am too dumb for the non-metric systems; I need to google this to check it.

I guess Pepsi must be a lot heavier than water, cause of sugar. Not sure about diet Pepsi ...

But I digress.

Anyway: Semi can carry plenty weight.

1 cu.ft. of water weighs about 62 pounds. Your math must be off.

OTOH I am too dumb for the non-metric systems; I need to google this to check it.

I guess Pepsi must be a lot heavier than water, cause of sugar. Not sure about diet Pepsi ...

But I digress.

Anyway: Semi can carry plenty weight.

Yup, the Semi should be able to haul about 5,000 gallons of Pepsi once you factor in cans/bottles/packaging. Slightly less if it's just hauling that sweet, sweet syrup.