Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
there are many positive headlines in the past few weeks alone

• 100K in Shanghai
  • Semi event
  • FSD Beta wider release
  • Franz interview "new vehicle"
  • European recent delivery numbers
  • Thailand Sales begin
  • etc

we just tend to amplify the negatives and MSM buries the good news for Tesla
That's why they need to be posted on Twitter so they can be easily reposted or forwarded, by use and others. These headlines need to be seen! And by other "publications" than DriveTesla or Teslarati or CleanTechnica. Love 'em, but only folks like us even see them.

Paraphrasing: "If you repeat a lie often and loud enough people will believe it."
Could this apply to the truth/facts as well?
Sure, if only the truth was as dramatic and attention getting and sensational, and well - fit the expected narrative and beliefs. Oh, and didn’t disrupt the status quo. Oh, and threaten the pocketbooks of those in charge. Oh, and were delivered through channels that collected advertising dollars from the source.

You’d think continued record production and deliveries and revenue and profits would be enough truth, but alas - it doesn’t meet the criteria above.

Dojo isn't expected to have its first cluster running until Q1 2023, per Tesla themselves just like 5 weeks ago, and it's utterly not designed for the task you claim he's saying it's being used for now...so I'd take everything else he told you with a massive mountain of salt.
Maybe that's dojo for FSD? Surely there's something running code to keep dojo developing? He liked to talk, but didn't seem to care to impress me by this point in his career. Who knows.

Right. But who you married or how much you gambled on options expiring soon is not Tesla's problem. My wife trusts me to manage all of our money. Those who have a different dynamic need to take that into account before they make decisions affecting both partners, not complain that Tesla is not doing enough and it's causing marital discord.

Why do people always want to blame someone else for their poor decisions?
I believe he was joking or being sarcastic, by the way.

my quality of life has improved 10X ever since i quit all social media, especially Twitter and spend about 30 minutes or less a day perusing TMC.
another change i decided to make, starting today, is to stop making prognostications about Tesla stock price and simply state the obvious, leaving others to draw their own conclusions. in that new found spirit, i hereby submit:
Tesla stock price is approximately 58% off all time high and very close to 200 week moving average, currently at $163
prior instances when this happened: in February 2016 sp undercut 200 week MA then rebounded 91% over next 2 months or so
December 2016 again sp undercut 200 week MA and subsequent rally was 7 months for over 2X
in 2018-2019 timeframe there were several tests and undercuts of 200 week MA with few initial rebounds to weekly upper bollinger (currently at $337)but in may 2019 sp was greatly below 200 week MA
in all those instances sp drawdown was lesser than current one
please draw your own conclusions
i have drawn mine but i am an eternal optimist and frequently wrong

Nobody reads blogs (or at least I don't). Everybody sees eye-catching headlines, so why not use it to Tesla's benefit? And I get your point about nobody believing Tesla, so why not have some other well respected person post the articles? Need to be highly visible, provide irrefutable proof in the article, and easily reposted or forwarded. Maybe Tesla has been there done something similar in the past but this is now and we have another vehicle that can be used for free. Regardless of who's posting it, there are always going to be naysayers, but once these enough of these come out, people may start changing their minds. Worth a try IMHO. Fight the FUD with PIF (proven irrefutable Truth).
Ok, I’m all for a solution. So who is the highly respected person to shout sensationalistic headlines back and forth with the opposition?

Obviously, this person also has to be beyond reproach, have nothing dirty in their closet, no political affiliations, and be powerful enough and secure enough not to be bullied off The Internet like others have been who’ve supported Tesla.

I got nothing.

I thought Tesla discontinued the Powerpacks, and only makes Powerwalls and Megapacks now.

But really you need a minimum of ~500kWh of storage for charging a Semi, so a Megapacks is what would be appropriate. (Of course, they have "upsized" them so they start at 3.9MWh now, available to output 970kW or 1,927kW. A Megapack, along with the power source, can charge either one or two Semis at a time depending on configuration.)
When Tesla and we were working on this, the best deal was on either 100kWh or 200kWh Powerpacks; 500kWh was our optimal size. I know that currently the 3.9MWh is the smallest they presently are offering, but downsizing them to address this market is not ((should not be) something that would disrupt their manufacturing process.

• Informative
Reactions: wipster
Neither yet. The judge refused Tesla's request for a retrial, but granted the guy's request when he turned down the $15 million award. Trial is set for March 27th 2023.

Another great example of the headline not reflecting the truth, yet all you can read with a paywalled article. To see a non-paywalled version, check out The Mercury News... which uses the same headline.

Sigh...

Edit:
Instead of

Tesla denied retrial over Black Fremont factory worker’s racism verdict​

How about

Black Tesla Contractor Refuses $15 million Award Over Racism at Fremont

See how much a headline impacts your perception of the article?
Honestly 😂, my perception was bs in both cases, but your point is well made.

Last edited:
Random Thoughts from Recent Migraines::

1. Had to funnel some funds in to avoid margin calls. That was painful but a lesson learned (I had never used margin b4 and my timing here sucked).
  2. Sold covered calls last two days. Immediately bought more shares.
  3. Wishing someone would piss all over the liars and FUDsters out there. I don't care who. Use positive news–the results will eventually drive the SP the right way.
  4. HODLing still and hopefully past point of inflection in SP. This has been tough to deal with as my NPV has dropped about 50% last few months......much like many others here.
  5. Don't want to ever hear about the 'coil' or 'spring' being 'just there' again. That's just getting annoying.
  6. Need a way to disagree with disagrees without posting. Seems some are just being petty. :)

Last edited:
Ok, I’m all for a solution. So who is the highly respected person to shout sensationalistic headlines back and forth with the opposition?

Obviously, this person also has to be beyond reproach, have nothing dirty in their closet, no political affiliations, and be powerful enough and secure enough not to be bullied off The Internet like others have been who’ve supported Tesla.

I got nothing.
Maybe they have someone in mind. Would be great, possibly essential that they're not a Tesla employee (but maybe a former employee?). I suggested speechwriters to write the articles because of their mastery of words but need to put them out fast, accurate, provable, and not directly tied to the FUD.

Won't be easy, but I think the best way to counter the buttload of FUD being thrown at Tesla and TSLA lately.

Just thinking, what about some of the writers at DriveTesla or maybe Zach Shanan who drives a Mach-E?

Edit: Bear in mind I'm talking about Tesla and TSLA only, not Elon and/or Twitter. The more seperate they are (currently at least) the better.

Last edited:
I am not good at getting my thoughts across in text, but here is an email I received today from the Daily Stoic that explains how I like to think about other people’s behaviour…

“We live in a culture where people sit on the sidelines and pass a lot of strong judgments. We look at people we don’t know and decide whether they’re good or bad people. We look at complicated situations and difficult projects and cleanly label them successes or failures—despite having little understanding of what went on behind the scenes. We take an instance of behavior or a tiny interaction—the way someone talked to us at the grocery store or a decision that they made—and extrapolate out who that person is and what motivates them.

As we’ve talked about before, the result of these snap judgments is not just misery for us, but an overwhelmingly negative view of humanity and of the world. It’s no way to live. Which is why when you feel that urge to decide—as an outsider or an observer—that you know who someone is or what it means, you should stop yourself. Stop yourself and consider this prompt from Epictetus:

“Until you know their reasons, how do you know whether they have acted wrongly?”

What Epictetus is not saying is that you should sit there and try to think about why Hitler and Stalin murdered so many people. He’s not saying that right and wrong are relative and that truly awful things can be excused. He’s saying, in the vein of Socrates, that we need to take a minute and really think about what we don’t know in a situation. We need to consider that, with the exception of mental illness, (which is its own kind of reason), most people have a logic for their actions—and that logic is usually not to try to hurt you or anyone else. They are just doing the best they can.

David Foster Wallace speaks about this in his famous “This is Water”speech, after several allusions to his frustration with bad drivers:

It’s not impossible that some of these people in SUVs have been in horrible auto accidents in the past and now find driving so traumatic that their therapist has all but ordered them to get a huge, heavy SUV so they can feel safe enough to drive; or that the Hummer that just cut me off is maybe being driven by a father whose little child is hurt or sick in the seat next to him, and he’s trying to rush to the hospital, and he’s in a way bigger, more legitimate hurry than I am—it is actually I who am in his way. And so on.
You don’t know that someone acted wrongly or is an asshole or that they totally screwed a situation up, because you don’t know the full story. You don’t know their reasons or their side of things. And what do the Stoics tell us to do when we don’t have all the facts about something?

They tell us to suspend judgment.”
Something something remove the log in my eye before something something the splinter in someone else’s eye…

Dojo isn't expected to have its first cluster running until Q1 2023, per Tesla themselves just like 5 weeks ago, and it's utterly not designed for the task you claim he's saying it's being used for now...so I'd take everything else he told you with a massive mountain of salt.
Jeez dude, he's just reporting the conversation he had. Give him a break.

Would only take one DOJO tile to run the supercharger network (donkey work). Not a cluster. Just saying...

Maybe they have someone in mind. Would be great, possibly essential that they're not a Tesla employee (but maybe a former employee?). I suggested speechwriters to write the articles because of their mastery of words but need to put them out fast, accurate, provable, and not directly tied to the FUD.

Won't be easy, but I think the best way to counter the buttload of FUD being thrown at Tesla and TSLA lately.

Just thinking, what about some of the writers at DriveTesla or maybe Zach Shanan who drives a Mach-E?

Edit: Bear in mind I'm talking about Tesla and TSLA only, not Elon and/or Twitter. The more seperate they are (currently at least) the better.
Fred Lambert :) ?

"Hmm. Dojo's telling me it thinks this unit 8 is not active, but it looks available to me..." They're also using Dojo to monitor and manage the Supercharger network??
Great details and thanks for protecting this person's identity.

This particular part is bullish as Dojo is online (at least the general compute part) and is being used for production Supercharger management.

Every morning red. When there are a couple of green days it will be erased within two days. Tesla is doing great. Record this, record that. New products, great margins etc.

Management can say what they want on earnings calls about expecting record deliveries and NOT having a demand problem. Markets don’t care and go down anyway. Yet, some fringe site is reporting about demand issue citing “people familiar with the information” and markets go down more than 5%. Despondent, that is what I am starting to be. Sometimes I feel like throwing in the towel and be done with it.

A few years back we were also in a situation where the stock price was pressed down by relentless FUD. That was somehow different than today. Tesla was in a much more vulnerable position back then. Heck, it didn't even make a profit and cash glow was not there.

I have to sell this month to pay another big bill. My tax free account will be depleted of TSA with this share price.

The whole market is a sham this year. For months and months they are talking about the coming recession or even depression. The markets have been anticipating this. We are now in Decrmber, where is it? Deficit down, unemployment down. Inflation is getting under control. When will markets say: “ we were probably wrong?” Pfffff.....