Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They're foaming at the mouth so badly they'll spend the $ to short enough shares to cause 45 million shares traded in the first 45 mins of trading.

Not to sound like a broken record, but this looks to me like some serious bait.
If they don't get to 150 before midnight, who turns into a pumpkin exactly?
Oh, and explain it like a Trico Short-haired Tabby ;)

How we are -7% from market opening price is beyond reason. The stock market is a giant pile of steaming crap. This is a giant roulette game with only red cases

Yeah this sucks. This reminds me of the darkest days of spring/summer 2019.

At the same time, Rivian was up 8% this morning as well and it just went red. So is LCID.

Perhaps rage buying is the answer
The only thing you can hope for out of today is this is capitulation. Just over an hour in and we're at 60 million shares traded. Today could even be in the realm of 150 million shares traded. We have not seen that level of volume in years.

What you're hoping for here is that the insane volume is big institutes buying up shares.

I'm confused, what "line" do you see TSLA holding right now? $164 and still falling... 🤔

EDIT: $162 and falling.....
This line? :)

1670946233746.png

I agree with you that the MM's want those margin calls to trigger, but I still don't agree with you that Q4 is some kind of "time limit" imposed on them.

They are in full control of the stock, and they still will be even after we have a huge Q4 beat. Only a huge influx of new LONG buyers can take the control away from the MM's and I don't see any possible Q4 situation triggering such a wave. We need a larger catalyst, like Moody's upgrading, which would permit an influx of hedge funds.

I think the MM's are pushing for <$150 in a race with the inevitable Moody's upgrade. And it's very likely Moody is waiting to upgrade until the MM's reach their goal too. Q4 won't matter IMHO, I think we're stuck in the basement until the MM's hit their target.

Hopefully next year goes better for us. 😔
Sorry but I just don't buy that. If we can agree that a huge Q4 beat means 450k or above that, then you're looking at earnings that will put TSLA's Forward PE in the realm of low 20's, possibly the high teens. I would bet money that Buffet (if he hasn't been already) would be buying in big time at that valuation.

I totally agree with you, man. We're getting the living daylights beat out of us until Tesla does something, anything to actual defend TSLA. The silence is deafening and ridiculous. Tesla needs to grow a pair and fight for TSLA and the investors who have stuck by Tesla through thick and thin.
No. The board will not step in. They have made this clear. The stock is probably headed for a double digit price and neither the CEO or the board gives a crap. It’s a great company with lots of potential future, but the CEO is the new extreme right wing poster boy and investors don’t want to be associated with that. We hear it everyday from everybody we know, and it’s on headlines all over the place.

I’m sure there is a bounce coming because at some point the deal is too good to pass up. But as long as senior management stays focused on politics and shock headlines it will not be the up and coming shiny star it was.

Jmho.

Sorry but I just don't buy that. If we can agree that a huge Q4 beat means 450k or above that, then you're looking at earnings that will put TSLA's Forward PE in the realm of low 20's, possibly the high teens. I would bet money that Buffet (if he hasn't been already) would be buying in big time at that valuation.

I agree with you about the numbers, I disagree with the reaction you expect they will have on TSLA.

That said, I hope you are correct and I am very wrong!!!! :cool:

If Elon didn’t buy Twitter there’d be another overhang people would invent because there’s such a need for “narrative” as a way to derive logic from the markets.

I’m reality we all have little clue into what drives price on a daily basis. The most accurate, tangible traceability that exists is the options market.

Falling for narrative is falling for what market manipulators want. It’s same as watching cnbc headlines as a way to understand what index price action is doing for any given day.

Yes feels like Elon selling. Plus makes sense with his 10%+ Twitter loans that need refinancing....

I am also in the red now but everyone please take a longer term view. The fundamentals of Tesla have never been better. If you are not looking to sell your TSLA shares right now then it really does not matter what the share price is right now. If you are looking to buy TSLA shares right now, then its your lucky day!

Personally I am more interested in the TSLA share price in 2025 onwards when I will start to unload very gradually